Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 4-1 Walsall - Match Report Post #29

+10
karlypants
Sluffy
Chairmanda
gloswhite
BoltonTillIDie
boltonbonce
Norpig
Boggersbelief
Fabians Right Peg
Bollotom2014
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:KP,I'll leave Nat to deal with you.
She hasn't the balls. Very Happy

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

karlypants wrote:
As I understand it, she really does  Very Happy

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

gloswhite wrote:
karlypants wrote:
Don't make me come to Bolton to chastise you, KP

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

On Radio Manchester Parkinson said he had experimented with a new system and it had paid off.
Can any of you tell me what it was because I couldn't see anything particularly different today.
Good win though.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Played a back three Rammy.

Anyway see all the goals here - some cracking ones as well!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy wrote:Played a back three Rammy.

Anyway see all the goals here - some cracking ones as well!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

So I've heard- but it looked a lot like a standard back four to me!!

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

he did play a back 3 and i was surprised as during the warm up they did their defensive drills as a back 4 but it worked well i thought. Morais was excellent down the right but he was knackered by the end, he'll get even better when his fitness is better.

You know it's going to be a good day when my favourite bottle target Trotter plays ok and scores a good goal. Long came on and has bags of pace and scored an excellent goal, all round a good day.

Hope the assistant referee is ok as well, it was a bit odd at half time, no one knew what was going on

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Chairmanda wrote:
gloswhite wrote:
karlypants wrote:
Don't make me come to Bolton to chastise you, KP
Sorry Manda. Embarassed

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Hope the assistant referee is ok as well, it was a bit odd at half time, no one knew what was going on
She's back home.

Referee's assistant Helen Byrne has been discharged from hospital after falling ill during this afternoon’s game between Wanderers and Walsall.

Paramedics were called into the tunnel at the half time break after Byrne fell ill, causing a 15-minute delay to the restart.

It is understood the former Edge Hill University student, from Merseyside, had complained of chest problems and was accompanied to Bolton Royal Hospital by her PGMOL coach Phil Dowd.

The Bolton News understands she has now been released from hospital and is on her way back home.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It was a good performance against pitiful opponents. I can't believe they thrashed Sheffield United only a couple of weeks ago.

We're a better team with Derik in it, just about the only one who doesn't shit himself when he receives the ball.

Most importantly we looked a lot more dangerous going forward, Madine was helped greatly by playing with a proper striker rather than a striker who thinks he's a winger.

We can still get promoted, but our away form needs to improve.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:It was a good performance against pitiful opponents. I can't believe they thrashed Sheffield United only a couple of weeks ago.

We're a better team with Derik in it, just about the only one who doesn't shit himself when he receives the ball.

Most importantly we looked a lot more dangerous going forward, Madine was helped greatly by playing with a proper striker rather than a striker who thinks he's a winger.

We can still get promoted, but our away form needs to improve.

Agreed Nat- it was a good performance and they were really mediocre as opposition. That allowed the changed formation allowing Taylor to play much further forward. it wasn't really whole new thinking by Parkinson- it was simply that their lack of power in attack allowed players to venture much further up the park.
I'm still not convinced about Madine though.
Against Rochdale who are much more potent in attack, he'll revert to a solid back four

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:Against Rochdale who are much more potent in attack, he'll revert to a solid back four

I hope he sticks with the formation he used yesterday, I've just checked and Rochdale haven't scored for 4 games so hardly firing on all cylinders.

Although, as we all know, any team struggling to score goals usually finds Bolton in an accommodating mood.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
rammywhite wrote:Against Rochdale who are much more potent in attack, he'll revert to a solid back four

as we all know, any team struggling to score goals usually finds Bolton in an accommodating mood.
We need to be careful against Rochdale though. They held Fleetwood away (thanks!) yesterday and are pushing for a playoff place. That said, I'd still prefer us to stick with a back three even though the squad need to get used to that way of playing. If Parky doesn't stick with a back 3 and doesn't get a result, questions will be asked.

RustyNail

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Strange game. We were 3-1 up without playing particularly well. They were all over us early on and looked like we were going to struggle. I've never been a fan of 3 at the back so was expecting the worst.
Played some good stuff towards the end of the first half but went a bit flat again in the second.
Impressed with the new signings. Trotter was dreadful apart from his stunning strike and should be dropped but hats off to Parky for mixing it up and playing a new system, it clearly worked.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

we also seem to take our foot off the pedal second half Rusty and it winds me up. I know we were winning 3-1 but we did let them back into the game more than we should have and against better teams it could cost us.

That said we do seem to have better options on the bench now so i'm more optimistic we could change if needed

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum