You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Mark Kermode

Mark Kermode

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 Mark Kermode on Mon Feb 13 2017, 14:25

Sluffy

Admin
I tend to have a very high toleration level, for instance I don't mind too much, shirking children or barking dogs, fussy women or effeminate men, anonymous lurkers or internet trolls, nor even real ego's such as Donald Trump or Piers Morgan but there is one thing who I just have to switch off from whenever I see or hear him in voice or print and that is the self absorbed film critic Mark Kermode.

He seems to have a massive following of hero worshipers and is part of one of BBC's radio flag shows along with Simon Mayo on their weekly film review but I just don't get him at all.

Fair enough if you are interested in if he likes a film or not but he goes much further than that into banging on for hours and going into extremes about them.

Ok I guess it was sort of his way to stand out from the rest and get noticed but really who ultimately gives a fuck - its only a film he's seen after all - in fact something that we all could go and do if we wanted to.

It's seemed to have morphed into a semi-intellectual and trendy twenty/thirty somethings love in following he (and to a lesser extent Mayo) have attracted to themselves and which he revels in and plays more and more to.

No doubt he's laughing all the way to the bank and his job - to see a number of private viewings down at some film company or others exclusive gatherings - is not that demanding of him in effort nor really in time either.

Anyway enough of my intolerance.

Apart from the usual suspects such as Donald and Piers, who are your intolerables?

2 Re: Mark Kermode on Mon Feb 13 2017, 15:11

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Justin Urquhart Stewart. Finance 'I know what I'm talking about 'cos I wear red braces' Expert.

Have to turn off when the little git appears.

Mention of anyone with the initials B F will be seen as an act of war.

3 Re: Mark Kermode on Mon Feb 13 2017, 18:29

Lard Lad

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
Davina McCall and Diane Abbott.

4 Re: Mark Kermode on Mon Feb 13 2017, 19:11

xmiles

Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
Bono

5 Re: Mark Kermode on Mon Feb 13 2017, 19:22

okocha

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Can't agree with you about Mark Kermode, Sluffy. We completely trust his judgement on films. He is amazingly articulate and not a single word of each review is superfluous. Never disappointed with his recommendations

He is the exact opposite of the Guardian's Peter Bradshaw. Now he IS irritating!

Agree about Diane Abbot, Lard.  Also, can't stand Jeremy Vine and Simon Cowell. Some of the current BBC footy pundits are unbelievably under-qualified to be serious critics. What the hell is Garth Crooks talking about every time he is let loose?! What are the Beeb's criteria for choosing Savage, Sutton and Gullit?

6 Re: Mark Kermode on Mon Feb 13 2017, 19:53

y2johnny

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Nick Robinson

http://Www.thefacefittester.co.uk

7 Re: Mark Kermode on Mon Feb 13 2017, 20:01

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
BBC Arts editor Will Gompertz. Mainly because he looks like one of those fish men from Stingray.

8 Re: Mark Kermode on Mon Feb 13 2017, 21:26

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
okocha wrote:Can't agree with you about Mark Kermode, Sluffy. We completely trust his judgement on films. He is amazingly articulate and not a single word of each review is superfluous. Never disappointed with his recommendations
Kermode does have reasonable opinions which I respect but he does take a fairly academic approach and comes across as a it smug at times. Same can be said of Danny Leigh the resident critic on Film 2017.

9 Re: Mark Kermode on Mon Feb 13 2017, 22:26

finlaymcdanger

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Having trouble thinking of anyone worse than this turd. Kanye West a close second though.

10 Re: Mark Kermode on Tue Feb 14 2017, 00:03

Hip Priest

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Jeremy Kyle.

Most irritating person on the planet by quite some distance.

11 Re: Mark Kermode on Tue Feb 14 2017, 10:57

Norpig

Jussi Jääskeläinen
Jussi Jääskeläinen
Jeremy Paxman irritates me, he's always looking down his nose at people and sneering, he's a professional grumpy bastard

12 Re: Mark Kermode on Tue Feb 14 2017, 11:33

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
He's one of my heroes.

13 Re: Mark Kermode on Tue Feb 14 2017, 11:34

Norpig

Jussi Jääskeläinen
Jussi Jääskeläinen
Natasha Whittam wrote:He's one of my heroes.
what a surprise, you look down on us lot on here so i can see why you like him

14 Re: Mark Kermode on Tue Feb 14 2017, 13:36

okocha

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Boycott and Vaughan.....in fact, most Yorkshiremen

15 Re: Mark Kermode on Tue Feb 14 2017, 15:34

Cajunboy

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
I can't stick the Kermode / Mayo double act, they are so up themselves and up each other.

I find Kermode's appearance very creepy.

I think he may be from another planet.

16 Re: Mark Kermode on Tue Feb 14 2017, 15:39

Cajunboy

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Keith Lemon and numerous Z- list celebrities who appear on the endless moronic panel games, that are meant to be amusing.

17 Re: Mark Kermode on Tue Feb 14 2017, 15:49

xmiles

Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
Cajunboy wrote:Keith Lemon and numerous Z- list celebrities who appear on the endless moronic panel games, that are meant to be amusing.

:agree:

18 Re: Mark Kermode on Wed Feb 15 2017, 00:43

Lard Lad

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
Another i cant stand is Eamon Holmes i really want to kick him in the snake.

19 Re: Mark Kermode on Wed Feb 15 2017, 09:58

gloswhite

Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
I cant stand the sight, or sound of, Lorraine Kelly, especially her false smile. Mutton dressed as lamb, and she's even appearing in those Very adverts along with young models. Obviously on some sort of ego trip. Apparently, and I haven't bothered checking this out, she's a real primadonna, and not a very nice person to work with.

20 Re: Mark Kermode on Wed Feb 15 2017, 13:19

Lard Lad

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
gloswhite wrote:I cant stand the sight, or sound of, Lorraine Kelly, especially her false smile. Mutton dressed as lamb, and she's even appearing in those Very adverts along with young models. Obviously on some sort of ego trip. Apparently, and I haven't bothered checking this out, she's a real primadonna, and not a very nice person to work with.
Totally agree i cant stand her either, dont like her head it seems out of wack with the rest of her, dont like her accent, dont like her ranting on talking over people,i'd like to see her get her face slapped in a bitch fight. Lulu is supposed to be a right bitch as was Black.

21 Re: Mark Kermode on Wed Feb 15 2017, 13:27

Lard Lad

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
Two more i intensly dislike are Laura Kuenssberg and Nicola Sturgeon, Kuenssberg is one ugly lookin female her mouth is all over her face like a moving small hole.

22 Re: Mark Kermode on Wed Feb 15 2017, 13:32

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Janet Street Porter.

23 Re: Mark Kermode on Sun Feb 19 2017, 20:59

wessy

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Katie Hopkins complete tool

24 Re: Mark Kermode on Sun Feb 19 2017, 21:01

wessy

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
I like the Friday film show with Kermode and Mayho they seem pretty switched on to me. 
The ones i struggle with are the judges on things like Landscape/Portrait artist of the year, now they speak some utter rubbish.

25 Re: Mark Kermode on Mon Feb 20 2017, 01:43

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
wessy wrote:The ones i struggle with are the judges on things like Landscape/Portrait artist of the year, now they speak some utter rubbish.

You watch that shit and then have the audacity to be surprised they're talking bollocks?

Saying "I like that" or "I don't like that" isn't difficult, yet it seems to  be beyond them. 

And after all, there is nothing more to art than whether or not you like it.

26 Re: Mark Kermode on Mon Feb 20 2017, 09:58

gloswhite

Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
Anyone seen the latest series, 'Dr Fonseca's Good  Karma hospital' ? 
The idea is good, but there's been two shows, and it follows the usual stories, but with a very slight twist, but very predictable. Its good to see bits of India, but otherwise its bollocks.

27 Re: Mark Kermode on Mon Feb 20 2017, 10:43

okocha

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
wanderlust wrote:
And after all, there is nothing more to art than whether or not you like it.
That's not strictly true, is it, Lusty? 

It's surely possible to admire and appreciate the artistry involved in a piece of work, but not necessarily feel it is to your taste.

28 Re: Mark Kermode on Mon Feb 20 2017, 11:56

rammywhite

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
gloswhite wrote:Anyone seen the latest series, 'Dr Fonseca's Good  Karma hospital' ? 
The idea is good, but there's been two shows, and it follows the usual stories, but with a very slight twist, but very predictable. Its good to see bits of India, but otherwise its bollocks.

Yeah- its predictable claptrap. But she's a bonny lass though!!

29 Re: Mark Kermode on Mon Feb 20 2017, 12:31

Reebok Trotter

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
gloswhite wrote:Anyone seen the latest series, 'Dr Fonseca's Good  Karma hospital' ? 

Me! I'm actually quite enjoying it!  Smile

30 Re: Mark Kermode on Mon Feb 20 2017, 12:37

Reebok Trotter

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
okocha wrote:What the hell is Garth Crooks talking about every time he is let loose?! 
Indeed. Garth is a classic example of someone who becomes intoxicated with the malodorous exuberance of his own verbosity whenever the cameras start rolling.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum