Mark Kermode

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

31 Re: Mark Kermode on Mon Feb 20 2017, 13:39

rammywhite

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Reebok Trotter wrote:
okocha wrote:What the hell is Garth Crooks talking about every time he is let loose?! 
Indeed. Garth is a classic example of someone who becomes intoxicated with the malodorous exuberance of his own verbosity whenever the cameras start rolling.

RT, if that means he talks shite- then I agree with you

32 Re: Mark Kermode on Mon Feb 20 2017, 13:42

rammywhite

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Lard Lad wrote:Two more i intensly dislike are Laura Kuenssberg and Nicola Sturgeon, Kuenssberg is one ugly lookin female her mouth is all over her face like a moving small hole.

LL-agree with you. Kuenssberg just mouths off the obvious. But Sturgeon (aka Bravetart, the Govan chimpanzee) riles me . People say she's an astute politician ,but she's nothing of the kind. She's a predictable opportunist doing immense damage to Scotland.

33 Re: Mark Kermode on Mon Feb 20 2017, 13:50

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
okocha wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
And after all, there is nothing more to art than whether or not you like it.
That's not strictly true, is it, Lusty? 

It's surely possible to admire and appreciate the artistry involved in a piece of work, but not necessarily feel it is to your taste.
Maybe, but I feel that the appreciation of e.g. craftsmanship involved in creating a piece of art comes down to liking that craftsmanship i.e. it's part of the same equation.

I'm not a big fan of Jeff Koons for example, but he creates concepts and then commissions the work to be undertaken by craftsmen so there's a disconnect between the idea and the implementation. Overall I think his work is shit, but sometimes the craftsmanship makes me feel a little better about the piece and that becomes part of my overall take on it. I reckon appreciation (or dislike) of any element of art including concept, materials employed, presentation and workmanship involved all contribute to our whether or not we like something.

34 Re: Mark Kermode on Mon Feb 20 2017, 13:51

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I remember Crooks introducing Top Of The Pops when he was a Spurs regular. I never took him seriously after that.

35 Re: Mark Kermode on Mon Feb 20 2017, 13:55

Bread2.0

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
He talks too fast.

He's slowed down a bit now because people have obviously been "advising him" on it for years.

Same with Craig Charles in early Red Dwarf. If you go back and watch the first few series you can hardly tell what he's saying half the time because he's firing it all out in one rapid burst.

Which is odd when you think about it, given that he started out as a performance poet and you'd think that people being able to actually understand what he's saying would be quite important to him.

Last edited by Bread2.0 on Mon Feb 20 2017, 13:57; edited 1 time in total

36 Re: Mark Kermode on Mon Feb 20 2017, 13:56

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
abstract paintings by a previously unknown artist "Pierre Brassau" were exhibited at a gallery in Sweden, earning praise for his "powerful brushstrokes" and the "delicacy of a ballet dancer". None knew that Pierre Brassau was actually a 4 year old chimp from the local zoo.

37 Re: Mark Kermode on Mon Feb 20 2017, 16:28

Bwfc1958

Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!
boltonbonce wrote:I remember Crooks introducing Top Of The Pops when he was a Spurs regular. I never took him seriously after that.
Randomly, Dion Dublin now presents homes under the hammer. Not sure how they arrive at these places.

38 Re: Mark Kermode on Mon Feb 20 2017, 16:35

Bwfc1958

Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!
gloswhite wrote:Anyone seen the latest series, 'Dr Fonseca's Good  Karma hospital' ?                                                                                     Its good to see bits of India, but otherwise its bollocks.
I bet Barry Norman is shitting himself after that in depth review Glos  Very Happy

39 Re: Mark Kermode on Mon Feb 20 2017, 20:49

gloswhite

Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
Took me a long time to come with such a deep and meaningful conclusion.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum