You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » BREAKING NEWS - Ranieri sacked.

BREAKING NEWS - Ranieri sacked.

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Should Ranieri be sacked?

6% 6% [ 1 ]
56% 56% [ 9 ]
38% 38% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 16

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 BREAKING NEWS - Ranieri sacked. on Tue Feb 14 2017, 12:37

Sluffy

Admin
It's all gone wrong for Leicester since they sold Kante.

Clearly Ranieri has not found anyone to fill his shoes, or worked out a different way for Leicester to play without him.

Relegation beckons.

Should they sack him or keep loyal.

Look what happened to us once Coyle took us down!

What do you think?

Last edited by Sluffy on Thu Feb 23 2017, 19:58; edited 1 time in total

2 Re: BREAKING NEWS - Ranieri sacked. on Tue Feb 14 2017, 12:41

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Won the title last season. Still in the Champions League and the FA Cup.

He's earned the right to fail.

But we live in strange times.

3 Re: BREAKING NEWS - Ranieri sacked. on Tue Feb 14 2017, 13:16

Reebok Trotter

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
He has stuck with the players that won the title last year ( barring Kante ). I still think they should have enough about them to stay up but it's going to be a close run thing with both Hull and Swansea rejuvenated under new managers. Sunderland and dare I say it?, Palace look to be struggling so it's going to be tight at the bottom. I hope Leicester stick with Ranieri and he can turn things round. He seems like a decent chap ( dilly ding, dilly dong permitting.)

4 Re: BREAKING NEWS - Ranieri sacked. on Tue Feb 14 2017, 13:33

Norpig

Jussi Jääskeläinen
Jussi Jääskeläinen
it goes to show what a great player Kante is, he did the work of two in that midfield and is looking even better at Chelsea.

It was always going to be more of a struggle this season but i'm surprised they've struggled as much as they have

5 Re: BREAKING NEWS - Ranieri sacked. on Tue Feb 14 2017, 15:01

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I think the Leicester experience shows the importance of psychology in football. Sure they've lost Kante and their players are a year older but the essence of the title winning team is still there. 

It may be that they received massive bonuses and are sitting on their laurels but surely that's Ranieri's job to sort their heads out?
And wasn't it Ranieri's job to replace Kante with players of equal quality? After all he did have the money to spend.

For me it sits squarely on Ranieri's shoulders and he should take full responsibility regardless of what happens. 
In addition, I have doubts about his man management and motivational skills.

Frankly, I think a lot of Leicester's success last year was down to the mentality that Nigel Pearson brought to the team, obnoxious twat he may be.

Their escape in the preceding season was spectacular and set both the tone and mindset for last year - which appears to have dissipated under Ranieri.

One other point. After they won the title, Mahrez credited Pearson for building the title winning team so perhaps that explains at least in part why he and others look half the players they were.

6 Re: BREAKING NEWS - Ranieri sacked. on Tue Feb 14 2017, 15:54

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
wanderlust wrote:In addition, I have doubts about his man management and motivational skills.

:facepalm:

He took Leicester to the title, fooking Leicester!!

I don't really think you can doubt anything about the guy. Even if he never wins another match he's won a bigger prize than most managers in world football ever will. No doubt you'd replace him with Steve McLaren.

Of course he shouldn't be sacked.

7 Re: BREAKING NEWS - Ranieri sacked. on Tue Feb 14 2017, 16:47

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:In addition, I have doubts about his man management and motivational skills.

That'll be the fooking Leicester whose last 12 games BEFORE Ranieri was given the cushiest managerial job on the planet were:

P12 W8 D4 L0 F20 A7 Pts 28/36

That included draws AWAY at Man United and Chelsea.

All Ranieri did was not f*** up what was already the best team in the Premiership points-wise (thanks to Nigel Pearson). After all, Ranieri didn't have to do anything so he didn't. He inherited the best team and had zero pressure or expectation on him so he didn't change Pearson's team or tactics.

But now he has f***ed it up and should bear the consequences if they get relegated.

8 Re: BREAKING NEWS - Ranieri sacked. on Tue Feb 14 2017, 16:51

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
If Pearson was any good he'd be in a job. He's a psychotic gobshite.

9 Re: BREAKING NEWS - Ranieri sacked. on Tue Feb 14 2017, 17:27

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
boltonbonce wrote:If Pearson was any good he'd be in a job. He's a psychotic gobshite.

You answered your own question there Bonce. He fell out with Derby too and he truly is a psychotic gobshite. So was Ferguson. But you can't take the results and performances away from him and there is no question that it was his team - not Ranieri's - that won the title. Ranieri got all the plaudits for not changing a winning formula.

10 Re: BREAKING NEWS - Ranieri sacked. on Tue Feb 14 2017, 17:41

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Are you saying Leicester would have won the title with Pearson in charge?

I think not.

11 Re: BREAKING NEWS - Ranieri sacked. on Tue Feb 14 2017, 17:48

Bwfc1958

Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!
Personally I think Leicester are at the level that is about right for them. Last season was an anomaly that will never be repeated again. Any other manager in my opinion would be doing no better with that team so it would be harsh to sack him. He's gotten himself into an awkward position because of what happened last season but on the whole I'd say he deserves a chance to turn it around.

12 Re: BREAKING NEWS - Ranieri sacked. on Tue Feb 14 2017, 18:09

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
wanderlust wrote:That'll be the fooking Leicester whose last 12 games BEFORE Ranieri was given the cushiest managerial job on the planet were:

All Ranieri did was not f*** up what was already the best team in the Premiership points-wise (thanks to Nigel Pearson). After all, Ranieri didn't have to do anything so he didn't. He inherited the best team and had zero pressure or expectation on him so he didn't change Pearson's team or tactics.

But now he has f***ed it up and should bear the consequences if they get relegated.

If I thought you believed that crap I'd be quite worried for your mental health.

13 Re: BREAKING NEWS - Ranieri sacked. on Tue Feb 14 2017, 18:14

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
boltonbonce wrote:Are you saying Leicester would have won the title with Pearson in charge?

I think not.
Given the results they got, the performances they put in and the obvious loyalty of the players I see no reason why they shouldn't have won it with Pearson.

Logically, if Pearson continued to get the results he got towards the end of his tenure, he would not only have won it, he'd have won it by a greater margin than Ranieri did. Pearson would have got 88.6 points compared to Ranieri's 81.

It doesn't make Pearson any less of a twat, but he did get better results than Ranieri with the same team.

Last edited by wanderlust on Tue Feb 14 2017, 18:29; edited 1 time in total

14 Re: BREAKING NEWS - Ranieri sacked. on Tue Feb 14 2017, 18:20

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:That'll be the fooking Leicester whose last 12 games BEFORE Ranieri was given the cushiest managerial job on the planet were:

If I thought you believed that crap I'd be quite worried for your mental health.
Just quoting the facts.

Doesn't mean I necessarily like them but they are the facts.

15 Re: BREAKING NEWS - Ranieri sacked. on Thu Feb 23 2017, 19:50

Sluffy

Admin
Daily Mail on line reporting Ranieri's been sacked - can't find anyone else reporting this though -

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4253994/Claudio-Ranieri-sacked-Leicester.html

Claudio Ranieri has been sensationally sacked as Leicester City manager, Sportsmail understands.
The brutal decision to dismiss the man who lead them to arguably the greatest triumph in English football history was made after the 2-1 Champions League defeat in Seville.

Sportsmail attempts to confirm this with the club have proved unsuccessful tonight with representatives unavailable for comment.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4253994/Claudio-Ranieri-sacked-Leicester.html#ixzz4ZXWexpBo

16 Re: BREAKING NEWS - Ranieri sacked. on Thu Feb 23 2017, 19:51

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
If it's true,it's outrageous.

17 Re: BREAKING NEWS - Ranieri sacked. on Thu Feb 23 2017, 19:55

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/leicester-city/sack-race/news/claudio-ranieri-sacked-by-leicester-city_292433.html

18 Re: BREAKING NEWS - Ranieri sacked. on Thu Feb 23 2017, 19:57

Sluffy

Admin
Seems head of Daily Mail Sports is saying it is true - Twitter starting to erupt over it.

19 Re: BREAKING NEWS - Ranieri sacked. on Thu Feb 23 2017, 20:06

Sluffy

Admin
Official now -

20 Re: BREAKING NEWS - Ranieri sacked. on Thu Feb 23 2017, 20:15

Bread2.0

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Me, me, me!!! I'll do it..!!! Please, sir...?

21 Re: BREAKING NEWS - Ranieri sacked. on Thu Feb 23 2017, 21:47

finlaymcdanger

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
I hope the fuckers go down now. No future manager at that club will ever achieve what he did.

22 Re: BREAKING NEWS - Ranieri sacked. on Thu Feb 23 2017, 21:49

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I'm falling out of love with football.

23 Re: BREAKING NEWS - Ranieri sacked. on Thu Feb 23 2017, 22:03

Bollotom2014

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Jamie Vardy seemed to lose his magic and the whole team imploded after last term's success. Still, that's show business! You rarely get a second chance. Let's see how they fare in the Championship next term

24 Re: BREAKING NEWS - Ranieri sacked. on Thu Feb 23 2017, 22:13

Sluffy

Admin
Bollotom2014 wrote:Jamie Vardy seemed to lose his magic and the whole team imploded after last term's success. Still, that's show business! You rarely get a second chance. Let's see how they fare in the Championship next term

I was actually only reading some stats on Vardy a week or so ago and surprising as it may seem his performance was better than it was last year.

Their problem was basically that in losing Kante to Chelsea both their defence and attack suffered because he covered so much ground and won so much ball.

I guess in some way the same happened to us when we lost Stuart Holden.

The article is here -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38879315

25 Re: BREAKING NEWS - Ranieri sacked. on Fri Feb 24 2017, 13:02

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
wanderlust wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

That'll be the fooking Leicester whose last 12 games BEFORE Ranieri was given the cushiest managerial job on the planet were:

As if to prove my point (not that it was ever in doubt Smile) the Times are running an inside story that says Ranieri was "pushed out by the players". According to Henry Winter who usually is spot on:

"Claudio Ranieri was sacked by Leicester City last night after a breakdown in his relationship with the players........just hours after senior players had expressed their concerns in a meeting with Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha, the club owner"

Just goes to show how the media control the images of people in the spotlight - and how gullible audiences (Nat) believe and regurgitate everything they say. Pearson had no chance because he wasn't prepared to play their game or say dildo dong in an amusing Italian pastiche.

26 Re: BREAKING NEWS - Ranieri sacked. on Fri Feb 24 2017, 13:54

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
wanderlust wrote:

As if to prove my point (not that it was ever in doubt Smile) the Times are running an inside story that says Ranieri was "pushed out by the players". According to Henry Winter who usually is spot on

You really are a patronising gobshite.

This morning Craig Shakespeare has said this is a load of bollocks. Who should we believe, a journalist trying to sell newspapers or someone within the club with no reason to tell the truth.

Are you going to apologise for your self congratulating post?

27 Re: BREAKING NEWS - Ranieri sacked. on Fri Feb 24 2017, 14:20

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

As if to prove my point (not that it was ever in doubt Smile) the Times are running an inside story that says Ranieri was "pushed out by the players". According to Henry Winter who usually is spot on

You really are a patronising gobshite.

This morning Craig Shakespeare has said this is a load of bollocks. Who should we believe, a journalist trying to sell newspapers or someone within the club with no reason to tell the truth.

Fond as I am of the bard, I'd rather believe the journalist in this instance - he hasn't got the club's image to try to salvage unlike Craig Shakespeare.

Winter is selling 1 edition that will be chip paper tomorrow.

The fact that the Leicester players credited Pearson for the title win, didn't rate Ranieri's questionable man-management skills (see patronising post above) and finally got rid of him by grassing him up to the owner will live on forever regardless of how much the likes of CS try to shut the stable door.

28 Re: BREAKING NEWS - Ranieri sacked. on Fri Feb 24 2017, 14:33

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
To credit Pearson for the title win is absurd.

29 Re: BREAKING NEWS - Ranieri sacked. on Fri Feb 24 2017, 14:35

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
boltonbonce wrote:To credit Pearson for the title win is absurd.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/riyad-mahrez-insists-nigel-pearson-7359563

I think Pearson's signings, team building and motivational contribution was fundamental to their success but my opinion is irrelevant Bonce. The point is that the players thought it and it was Ranieri's job to manage and motivate the players - hence my earlier comments.

Last edited by wanderlust on Fri Feb 24 2017, 14:45; edited 1 time in total

30 Re: BREAKING NEWS - Ranieri sacked. on Fri Feb 24 2017, 14:40

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Not having it. No.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum