Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BREAKING NEWS - Ranieri sacked.

+7
Bwfc1958
Natasha Whittam
wanderlust
Norpig
Reebok Trotter
boltonbonce
Sluffy
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Should Ranieri be sacked?

BREAKING NEWS -  Ranieri sacked. Vote_lcap6%BREAKING NEWS -  Ranieri sacked. Vote_rcap 6% [ 1 ]
BREAKING NEWS -  Ranieri sacked. Vote_lcap56%BREAKING NEWS -  Ranieri sacked. Vote_rcap 56% [ 9 ]
BREAKING NEWS -  Ranieri sacked. Vote_lcap38%BREAKING NEWS -  Ranieri sacked. Vote_rcap 38% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 16

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1BREAKING NEWS -  Ranieri sacked. Empty BREAKING NEWS - Ranieri sacked. Tue Feb 14 2017, 12:37

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

It's all gone wrong for Leicester since they sold Kante.

Clearly Ranieri has not found anyone to fill his shoes, or worked out a different way for Leicester to play without him.

Relegation beckons.

Should they sack him or keep loyal.

Look what happened to us once Coyle took us down!

What do you think?

Last edited by Sluffy on Thu Feb 23 2017, 19:58; edited 1 time in total

2BREAKING NEWS -  Ranieri sacked. Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS - Ranieri sacked. Tue Feb 14 2017, 12:41

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Won the title last season. Still in the Champions League and the FA Cup.

He's earned the right to fail.

But we live in strange times.

3BREAKING NEWS -  Ranieri sacked. Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS - Ranieri sacked. Tue Feb 14 2017, 13:16

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He has stuck with the players that won the title last year ( barring Kante ). I still think they should have enough about them to stay up but it's going to be a close run thing with both Hull and Swansea rejuvenated under new managers. Sunderland and dare I say it?, Palace look to be struggling so it's going to be tight at the bottom. I hope Leicester stick with Ranieri and he can turn things round. He seems like a decent chap ( dilly ding, dilly dong permitting.)

4BREAKING NEWS -  Ranieri sacked. Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS - Ranieri sacked. Tue Feb 14 2017, 13:33

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

it goes to show what a great player Kante is, he did the work of two in that midfield and is looking even better at Chelsea.

It was always going to be more of a struggle this season but i'm surprised they've struggled as much as they have

5BREAKING NEWS -  Ranieri sacked. Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS - Ranieri sacked. Tue Feb 14 2017, 15:01

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think the Leicester experience shows the importance of psychology in football. Sure they've lost Kante and their players are a year older but the essence of the title winning team is still there. 

It may be that they received massive bonuses and are sitting on their laurels but surely that's Ranieri's job to sort their heads out?
And wasn't it Ranieri's job to replace Kante with players of equal quality? After all he did have the money to spend.

For me it sits squarely on Ranieri's shoulders and he should take full responsibility regardless of what happens. 
In addition, I have doubts about his man management and motivational skills.

Frankly, I think a lot of Leicester's success last year was down to the mentality that Nigel Pearson brought to the team, obnoxious twat he may be.

Their escape in the preceding season was spectacular and set both the tone and mindset for last year - which appears to have dissipated under Ranieri.

One other point. After they won the title, Mahrez credited Pearson for building the title winning team so perhaps that explains at least in part why he and others look half the players they were.

6BREAKING NEWS -  Ranieri sacked. Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS - Ranieri sacked. Tue Feb 14 2017, 15:54

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:In addition, I have doubts about his man management and motivational skills.

:facepalm:

He took Leicester to the title, fooking Leicester!!

I don't really think you can doubt anything about the guy. Even if he never wins another match he's won a bigger prize than most managers in world football ever will. No doubt you'd replace him with Steve McLaren.

Of course he shouldn't be sacked.

7BREAKING NEWS -  Ranieri sacked. Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS - Ranieri sacked. Tue Feb 14 2017, 16:47

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:In addition, I have doubts about his man management and motivational skills.

:facepalm:

He took Leicester to the title, fooking Leicester!!

That'll be the fooking Leicester whose last 12 games BEFORE Ranieri was given the cushiest managerial job on the planet were:

P12 W8 D4 L0 F20 A7 Pts 28/36

That included draws AWAY at Man United and Chelsea.

All Ranieri did was not f*** up what was already the best team in the Premiership points-wise (thanks to Nigel Pearson). After all, Ranieri didn't have to do anything so he didn't. He inherited the best team and had zero pressure or expectation on him so he didn't change Pearson's team or tactics.

But now he has f***ed it up and should bear the consequences if they get relegated.

8BREAKING NEWS -  Ranieri sacked. Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS - Ranieri sacked. Tue Feb 14 2017, 16:51

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If Pearson was any good he'd be in a job. He's a psychotic gobshite.

9BREAKING NEWS -  Ranieri sacked. Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS - Ranieri sacked. Tue Feb 14 2017, 17:27

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:If Pearson was any good he'd be in a job. He's a psychotic gobshite.

You answered your own question there Bonce. He fell out with Derby too and he truly is a psychotic gobshite. So was Ferguson. But you can't take the results and performances away from him and there is no question that it was his team - not Ranieri's - that won the title. Ranieri got all the plaudits for not changing a winning formula.

10BREAKING NEWS -  Ranieri sacked. Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS - Ranieri sacked. Tue Feb 14 2017, 17:41

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Are you saying Leicester would have won the title with Pearson in charge?

I think not.

11BREAKING NEWS -  Ranieri sacked. Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS - Ranieri sacked. Tue Feb 14 2017, 17:48

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Personally I think Leicester are at the level that is about right for them. Last season was an anomaly that will never be repeated again. Any other manager in my opinion would be doing no better with that team so it would be harsh to sack him. He's gotten himself into an awkward position because of what happened last season but on the whole I'd say he deserves a chance to turn it around.

12BREAKING NEWS -  Ranieri sacked. Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS - Ranieri sacked. Tue Feb 14 2017, 18:09

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:That'll be the fooking Leicester whose last 12 games BEFORE Ranieri was given the cushiest managerial job on the planet were:

All Ranieri did was not f*** up what was already the best team in the Premiership points-wise (thanks to Nigel Pearson). After all, Ranieri didn't have to do anything so he didn't. He inherited the best team and had zero pressure or expectation on him so he didn't change Pearson's team or tactics.

But now he has f***ed it up and should bear the consequences if they get relegated.

If I thought you believed that crap I'd be quite worried for your mental health.

13BREAKING NEWS -  Ranieri sacked. Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS - Ranieri sacked. Tue Feb 14 2017, 18:14

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Are you saying Leicester would have won the title with Pearson in charge?

I think not.
Given the results they got, the performances they put in and the obvious loyalty of the players I see no reason why they shouldn't have won it with Pearson.

Logically, if Pearson continued to get the results he got towards the end of his tenure, he would not only have won it, he'd have won it by a greater margin than Ranieri did. Pearson would have got 88.6 points compared to Ranieri's 81.

It doesn't make Pearson any less of a twat, but he did get better results than Ranieri with the same team.

Last edited by wanderlust on Tue Feb 14 2017, 18:29; edited 1 time in total

14BREAKING NEWS -  Ranieri sacked. Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS - Ranieri sacked. Tue Feb 14 2017, 18:20

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:That'll be the fooking Leicester whose last 12 games BEFORE Ranieri was given the cushiest managerial job on the planet were:

If I thought you believed that crap I'd be quite worried for your mental health.
Just quoting the facts.

Doesn't mean I necessarily like them but they are the facts.

15BREAKING NEWS -  Ranieri sacked. Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS - Ranieri sacked. Thu Feb 23 2017, 19:50

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Daily Mail on line reporting Ranieri's been sacked - can't find anyone else reporting this though -

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4253994/Claudio-Ranieri-sacked-Leicester.html

Claudio Ranieri has been sensationally sacked as Leicester City manager, Sportsmail understands.
The brutal decision to dismiss the man who lead them to arguably the greatest triumph in English football history was made after the 2-1 Champions League defeat in Seville.

Sportsmail attempts to confirm this with the club have proved unsuccessful tonight with representatives unavailable for comment.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4253994/Claudio-Ranieri-sacked-Leicester.html#ixzz4ZXWexpBo

16BREAKING NEWS -  Ranieri sacked. Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS - Ranieri sacked. Thu Feb 23 2017, 19:51

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If it's true,it's outrageous.

17BREAKING NEWS -  Ranieri sacked. Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS - Ranieri sacked. Thu Feb 23 2017, 19:55

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

18BREAKING NEWS -  Ranieri sacked. Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS - Ranieri sacked. Thu Feb 23 2017, 19:57

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Seems head of Daily Mail Sports is saying it is true - Twitter starting to erupt over it.

19BREAKING NEWS -  Ranieri sacked. Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS - Ranieri sacked. Thu Feb 23 2017, 20:06

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Official now -

BREAKING NEWS -  Ranieri sacked. C5YBfWvXAAEITa5

20BREAKING NEWS -  Ranieri sacked. Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS - Ranieri sacked. Thu Feb 23 2017, 20:15

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Me, me, me!!! I'll do it..!!! Please, sir...?

BREAKING NEWS -  Ranieri sacked. Owen-Coyle-676603

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum