Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How many Valentine Day cards did you get?

+10
Fabians Right Peg
Bollotom2014
karlypants
Bwfc1958
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
wanderlust
rammywhite
Bread2.0
Sluffy
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

The postman must be really late at Sluffy Towers today as nothing as arrived yet!

How about you?

A true Valentine Day tale.

One year Mrs Sluffy was on a diet so I was in a dilemma to buy her the usual chocolates as well as flowers.  I did so assuming if I didn't and she expected them I would be in trouble and if I did and she didn't want them little Miss Sluffy and I could eat them.

Wrong.

I got in bother because I wasn't thoughtful enough to help her with her diet - not that she was even fat anyway!

Next year I didn't bother buying her chocolates based on how she reacted the previous year.

Wrong.

She thought I was teasing when I hadn't given her that I hadn't bought any and it wasn't the same if I went to the shop now to buy her some!

Women eh - good job we love them!

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Another pointless red-letter day, dreamed up by some suit in an office somewhere simply to extort more cash out of the masses.

It's a load of wank and if you really need to buy your Mrs a bunch of flowers or a box of chocolates once a year to prove that you love her, you're doing the whole marriage thing wrong to start with.

(Not aimed at Sluffy, more a general observation.)

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Bread2.0 wrote:Another pointless red-letter day, dreamed up by some suit in an office somewhere simply to extort more cash out of the masses.

It's a load of wank and if you really need to buy your Mrs a bunch of flowers or a box of chocolates once a year to prove that you love her, you're doing the whole marriage thing wrong to start with.

(Not aimed at Sluffy, more a general observation.)
1- from the missus. She got 1 also- from me.

What a load of bollocks the whole thing is.
It cost me £5.20-( £2.60 for each card) and we bought them in the same shop at the same time.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I got one from "?" (the missus)
She also bought me a new pair of Levi's, a white collarless shirt and a blue jumper which a) had me wondering if she's having those '70s fantasies again and b) made me feel bad about only getting her a card, some Lindor chocs and a white rhododendron for the garden. TBF I did also get her a bag of ericaceous compost as the soil is alkaline. She didn't seem overly delighted but I'm taking her out for dinner tonight so I might redeem myself even though I'll miss out on all the Valentine cards that I know the girls in the pub will have waiting for me. Well I imagine so anyway and that's good enough.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Didn't make it into work as the postman came early. Will need to open another 50-odd cards before the door will open enough for me to leave.

Thanks to everyone who sent me one, especially liked the expensive padded one with a Slough postmark.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:Didn't make it into work as the postman came early. Will need to open another 50-odd cards before the door will open enough for me to leave.

Thanks to everyone who sent me one, especially liked the expensive padded one with a Slough postmark.

Come friendly bombs and fall on Slough.......

Be careful with that one Nat!!

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Rough, tough, Sluff...

All those years back when I first joined internet forums my user name used to be Slough White.

Cost me a small fortune in postage did that card!

...and Betjeman still has it nailed even after all these years.

Last edited by Sluffy on Tue Feb 14 2017, 15:53; edited 1 time in total

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i got one off Mrs Pig and i bought her a card and some chocolates from Hotel Chocolat whereas all i got was a card. I don't feel bad about going to the match tonight now  Very Happy

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:i got one off Mrs Pig and i bought her a card and some chocolates from Hotel Chocolat whereas all i got was a card. I don't feel bad about going to the match tonight now  Very Happy

I suspect wanking over Susannah Reid every morning had something to do with it.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

not every morning only the odd occasion when i have the house to myself, i'm not a complete animal you know

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:not every morning only the odd occasion when i have the house to myself, i'm not a complete animal you know

She probably has cameras set up.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Norpig wrote:not every morning only the odd occasion when i have the house to myself, i'm not a complete animal you know

She probably has cameras set up.

Definitely. Susannah Reid doesn't perform unless there's a camera.

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

I got the missus a 99p card from the card factory and I received a card in return. Romance is certainly not dead in our house.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bwfc1958 wrote:I got the missus a 99p card from the card factory and I received a card in return. Romance is certainly not dead in our house.
Same for us.

My Mrs got one of the last two cards from Lidl when I got in last night and that's it.

I'm not going to the trouble of buying her flowers.

She can do that herself. Very Happy

Last edited by karlypants on Wed Feb 15 2017, 21:44; edited 1 time in total

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy wrote:Rough, tough, Sluff...

All those years back when I first joined internet forums my user name used to be Slough White.

Slough...Sluffy. It took me along time ,but I get it now!!

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

rammywhite wrote:
Sluffy wrote:Rough, tough, Sluff...

Slough...Sluffy. It took me along time ,but I get it now!!

Very Happy

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I got two cards and I'm sure one was from my Nan and the other from a bird on the base. My mate is a fast jet pilot and got the usual half dozen sackfuls. I don't know why cos he only flies the buggers, I'm the soft sod who guides him round the skies.

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Just the one from the missus, got in from work at 7.30 and then cooked a three course meal, had to give up the match this year as I've been the last couple.

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I got a round number of cards, a very round number....

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Oh I forgot to pass on this Valentine's ode that was sent to me so that you wouldn't know who the author was - sorry.

Here it is -

Labour are red,
Conservatives Blue,
Amber you love,
So it's Lib Dem for you!

How many Valentine Day cards did you get? Eb2df489940452f4a5d126194d65cbd2

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum