Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bradford 2-2 Bolton - Match Report Post 47

+19
Jack Russell
wessy
okocha
BoltonTillIDie
Bread2.0
Sluffy
Fabians Right Peg
Cajunboy
gloswhite
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
NickFazer
karlypants
rammywhite
boltonbonce
Bwfc1958
wanderlust
Boggersbelief
MartinBWFC
23 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Big game this and with Scunny going to Sheff Utd, not losing this game is of paramount importance, get a point or three, and we're in the driving seat with games in hand, I do fear though that Parkinson will go and park the bus, vital 2 games coming up, would be happy with 4 points from them.

1-1.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We'll turn them over, the wheels have come off their promotion challenge

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Agree with Martin - depends on Parky's tactics and selection and I suspect he may revert to a back four now he's bigging up Moxey in the media and has signed the fashion designer as back up.

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Given the fact that we're not massively convincing away from home I honestly can't see us winning this one. 1-1 I reckon.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd take 1-1 now. But I'm going to be optimistic,and say we'll nick it by the odd goal.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

No Spearing so where's the drive in midfield. It's certainly not Trotter.
I think we'll succumb on this one

2-1 to Bradford

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ref watch: Eddie Ilderton to take charge of Bradford trip

Eddie Ilderton will take charge of Bolton Wanderers’ trip to Bradford City on Saturday.

The Tyne & Wear-based official has run the rule over eight Whites’ matches in the past, the most recent being the Whites' home draw with Charlton Athletic towards the end of last season.

In the eight matches he has overseen so far this season, Mr Ilderton has handed out 26 yellow cards and two red cards.

James Bell and Michael Webb will run the line, while David Webb is the fourth official.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

With 10 of the last 16 away from home we need to win quite a few of them, think we have more of a chance at Sheffield though than this one, expecting a tight game would take a point.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The next two games will end predictably.

We'll get dicked in both, this team (especially without Spearing) has no balls away from home.

In fact, I'm so sure we'll lose the next two games I'll stake my reputation on it.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The only way I can imagine us winning either of these games is if Parky sets up the team with a genuine attacking threat because if we sit back both Bradford and Sheff U have the players to break down our defence. It's a gamble but I reckon we need to push on and above all, take our chances.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

theres the problem Lusty, as well as we have done this season in general, Parky is not an attack minded Manager and i can't see him changing his ways now

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

My instincts tell me we will lose this one. However, as I rarely get it right, I shall say exactly the opposite, and predict that we will win 0-1.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:My instincts tell me we will lose this one. However, as I rarely get it right, I shall say exactly the opposite, and predict that we will win 0-1.

So by predicting we'll win, you are condemning us to defeat?

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

No, because I already stated my true thoughts, I'm covered  Very Happy

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I'll be very surprised if we win.

They've drawn nearly half their games, so can see this being a 1-1.

So we'll probably lose 2-1.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:
They've drawn nearly half their games, so can see this being a 1-1.

So we'll probably lose 2-1.
The logic on this thread.......Wow.  
Trump's campaign manager would be proud of us. Very Happy

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Spearing being out could be key, if Parkinson goes for a more attacking three in the middle of the park Trotter, Vela and Long and sticks  3-5-2 then I think we could nick a win.

Suspect he will revert to a back four with Derik or the new guy on the Right.

Having had time to look at the new recruits I think Long has shown enough to get a start ahead of ALF, he has got real pace and energy, gets in the box and has looked dangerous in all his appearances so far.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

The new bloke Wabara will not be in the squad tomorrow (today now!) and will be playing for the reserves on Monday instead - he's not played a competitive game in 8 months or so.

I can see Parkinson not wanting to lose this game in front of the fans of the team he managed before he joined us - more than wanting to win it - so I suspect he will park the bus.

It's hard for me to guess what team he will put out as I've not seen half our players play before - but if he did have the right players to play this system, I would think he might sacrifice Alf to the bench and start with a 4-5-1 formation maybe with one of the fast wingers playing in a support role to Mardine in a similar way to how Feeney was played from time to time.

That's what I'd do anyway.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He could always bring Dervite into a back three and play Derik in the Spearing role.

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:He could always bring Dervite into a back three and play Derik in the Spearing role.

Wash your dirty mouth out!

I was, at best, a semi-proficient Sunday League CB 25 years ago.

I've subsequently had three operations on my right knee and now walk with a limp when it's cold.

And I'm about 3 stone overweight.

But I still reckon I'd do a better job than Dervite.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum