Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

VIDEO - Bolton accounts for 2014/15

+4
gloswhite
Norpig
wanderlust
Sluffy
8 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1VIDEO - Bolton accounts for 2014/15 Empty VIDEO - Bolton accounts for 2014/15 Fri Feb 24 2017, 13:02

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Worth a watch -

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not good is it?

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

it was well set out and easy to follow for a numpty like me, but as Lusty says not good listening

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Well explained, but it goes to show what a house of cards the whole setup is.

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

This merely reflects Sluffy's accurate assessment of the club's situation.  Somehow Blumarble must be paid back... either by DeanO with cash or by selling his shares to someone who has cash (namely KA).  Retiring that debt would make the seizing of assets (the club), a thing of the past.  There is other debt to retire, but those are smaller amounts owed to a variety of people, including ED.  So push must come to shove and Deano & KA have to iron out their differences to move forward.  If not, the same old payroll problems could hit us in any month.  KA's plan to turn the club break-even would take effect after the current season... within League One or with a return to the Championship.  Either way, the current 11 million pound yearly deficit must be eliminated... a wise idea.  Almost all big contracts will be terminated after the season, and that would leave a couple who have a year to run.  That would signal loaning out those players to put the books back to even (hopefully they fetch what we are paying them).  Our largest out of pocket injury player is Mark Davies, and he is out of contract as well... a big chunk saved.  If KA can get DeanO to agree to sell and retire that debt, then KA's plan for the future is a workable one.  If not, the assets will be in court before too long.  My big hope is that this dispute does not affect the on field performance, as we need to show up at every game and get points to pass Scunny and stay ahead of Fleetwood.  First two places for automatic promotion are still up for grabs, and we don't need the financial troubles to make the players give up hope on the pitch.  We've thrown away too many easy matches already... those points would have put us on top.  With our large team salary, and the experience of the players, we should finish top two.  If not, it will be a letdown for all of the fans.  We have a nucleus of a team who can move up and make a statement in the Championship.  KA's espouses the right attitude for the team going forward.  Let the players make their statement on the pitch!

Last edited by observer on Fri Feb 24 2017, 14:54; edited 1 time in total

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

We sure need promotion and the extra revenue that would bring.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

My worry is that even if we go up KA seems to be saying that players out of contract who want to re-sign would need to take a drop in wages. 
What kind of message does that send out? Thanks for helping us gain promotion now take a big pay decrease please  Rolling Eyes

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

observer wrote:We have a nucleus of a team who can move up and make a statement in the Championship. 

That statement being relegated by Christmas?

As much as I want to get promoted, this team would get dicked on a weekly basis in the Championship.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
observer wrote:We have a nucleus of a team who can move up and make a statement in the Championship. 

As much as I want to get promoted, this team would get dicked on a weekly basis in the Championship.
True but even one season in the Championship would bring a lot more than if we don't get there and would substantially increase our chances of attracting a buyer.

If we get promoted, survival would be the priority whilst the finances get sorted and we'll just have to put up with getting dicked for a while.

10VIDEO - Bolton accounts for 2014/15 Empty Re: VIDEO - Bolton accounts for 2014/15 Fri Feb 24 2017, 19:43

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

True but even one season in the Championship would bring a lot more than if we don't get there and would substantially increase our chances of attracting a buyer.

If we get promoted, survival would be the priority whilst the finances get sorted and we'll just have to put up with getting dicked for a while.
As long as we finish top 21, we can attract potential money.  I would rather take our chances doing that than sitting in League One for 5 years.

11VIDEO - Bolton accounts for 2014/15 Empty Re: VIDEO - Bolton accounts for 2014/15 Fri Feb 24 2017, 20:19

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

That cartoonist's not very charitable, is he?

Holdsworth looks like a fat Benny Blanco From The Bronx.

So actually, when I think about it, it was probably done on purpose.....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum