Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fleetwood 2-4 Bolton

+21
Chairmanda
bryan458
Jack Russell
karlypants
observer
Natasha Whittam
Boggersbelief
wessy
gloswhite
boltonbonce
Cajunboy
MartinBWFC
rammywhite
wanderlust
Bwfc1958
finlaymcdanger
Bread2.0
DEANO82
Fabians Right Peg
Norpig
Sluffy
25 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

61Fleetwood 2-4 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Fleetwood 2-4 Bolton Sat Mar 11 2017, 18:45

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

62Fleetwood 2-4 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Fleetwood 2-4 Bolton Sat Mar 11 2017, 19:57

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Morais was class today, Pratley looked good on his first game back and ALF is looking better with each game. However don't let the result fool you, it was a close game and Fleetwood played the better football. We looked dangerous at set plays and Morais's quality from corners and free kicks is a real plus.

Derik was awful and should have come off sooner.

Great result and superb atmosphere which will hopefully set us up for the run in.

63Fleetwood 2-4 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Fleetwood 2-4 Bolton Sat Mar 11 2017, 20:27

King Bill

King Bill
David Lee
David Lee

Best game ot season so far (Scunthoroe aside).
Back three played really well, including Dervite.
Pratley a real menace but needs to get fit fast as we'll need his enthusiasm and energy for the run in. The midfield played well in general, probably a toss up between Vela and Derik for being subbed.
Great goals from ALF and real zip and commitment from Madine, both chased everything.

Don't let the result fool you, Fleetwood were poor and got what they deserved. We could have scored six. Yes room for improvement but we showed good signs for the run in.

We could have easily squeezed a couple more hundred Wanderers fans in at the end behind the goal too, nowhere near full.

64Fleetwood 2-4 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Fleetwood 2-4 Bolton Sat Mar 11 2017, 20:47

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fabians Right Peg wrote:However don't let the result fool you, it was a close game and Fleetwood played the better football.

King Bill wrote:Don't let the result fool you, Fleetwood were poor and got what they deserved. We could have scored six.

Do we have to guess which one of you went to the game and which one stayed at home?

65Fleetwood 2-4 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Fleetwood 2-4 Bolton Sat Mar 11 2017, 20:58

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Fabians Right Peg wrote:However don't let the result fool you, it was a close game and Fleetwood played the better football.

King Bill wrote:Don't let the result fool you, Fleetwood were poor and got what they deserved. We could have scored six.

Do we have to guess which one of you went to the game and which one stayed at home?
I was there suspect Bill was as well, Fleetwood had the majority of the ball in midfield and too often we where second to the ball although it improved in the second half. Only a couple of last ditch challenges from Wheater and Beevers stopped them in their tracks, Devrite still has the same problems as old in that he lets the ball bounce before dealing with it, and until ALF's goal Fleetwood where very much on top.

I think it says a lot that two of our goals came from defenders who where up for set pieces, this seems to be our main threat, ALF's first came about because he had no options on other than to try a speculative shot, Morais is our only real threat in midfield involved in three of our goals.

66Fleetwood 2-4 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Fleetwood 2-4 Bolton Sat Mar 11 2017, 21:59

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

5,000 plus crowd? Doesn't seem like Fleetwood are interested. They wouldn't be able to afford the Championship on such a low turnout.

67Fleetwood 2-4 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Fleetwood 2-4 Bolton Sat Mar 11 2017, 22:01

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Bollotom2014 wrote:5,000 plus crowd? Doesn't seem like Fleetwood are interested. They wouldn't be able to afford the Championship on such a low turnout.

5,327 capacity, two stands terraced, think they would need to expand the ground pretty quick.

68Fleetwood 2-4 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Fleetwood 2-4 Bolton Sun Mar 12 2017, 09:04

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A great result for us, hopefully keep it going now and grab the 2nd spot

69Fleetwood 2-4 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Fleetwood 2-4 Bolton Sun Mar 12 2017, 09:54

King Bill

King Bill
David Lee
David Lee

Fabians Right Peg. wrote:
I think it says a lot that two of our goals came from defenders who where up for set pieces, this seems to be our main threat, ALF's first came about because he had no options on other than to try a speculative shot, Morais is our only real threat in midfield involved in three of our goals.

Are you honestly complaining about the fact that ALF had the presence of mind and confidence in his own ability to have a shot on goal? 
And the fact that we have two excellent defenders who have the ability to find the back of the net. It's called playing to your strengths. Remember Big Sam doing it? 
Fleetwood had more possession stats wise but did nowt wit ball. Alnwick never got tested. 
For me the difference for us yesterday was that we got stuck in and more than matched them man for man. Need to do that every game from here on in.

70Fleetwood 2-4 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Fleetwood 2-4 Bolton Sun Mar 12 2017, 10:37

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Not that it really matters but I've watched ALF's first one a few times and it definitely looks like a cross to me.

I'm not criticising him for that - a goal's a goal, afterall, but I don't think the fact that it went in had anything to do with him having the wherewithal, presence of mind or confidence to try a shot from a very strange angle.

Because I don't think he did. 

He just swung it into the box towards the back stick.

In my opinion...... Very Happy

71Fleetwood 2-4 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Fleetwood 2-4 Bolton Sun Mar 12 2017, 12:12

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

it probably was a fluke but it gave him a lift and he went on and scored again, lets hope that starts him on a goal scoring run from now till the end of the season

72Fleetwood 2-4 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Fleetwood 2-4 Bolton Sun Mar 12 2017, 13:06

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

King Bill wrote:Are you honestly complaining about the fact that ALF had the presence of mind and confidence in his own ability to have a shot on goal? 
And the fact that we have two excellent defenders who have the ability to find the back of the net. It's called playing to your strengths. Remember Big Sam doing it? 

Nope not complaining at all about ALF, more about the fact that when we broke we didn't have anyone in the box to back him up so he had no option but to try something speculative, the other three goals showed that when we got quality balls in the box that we could put the chances away, whoever is playing the attacking role in the middle needs to be getting forward more, hopefully Pratley with his energy will add this to our game, also thought Taylor was slow in supporting our attacks, if we don't get more support forward we are solely relying on Morais, Madine and ALF.

I have been saying for a while now that we look at our most dangerous from set plays,for Jan and Feb that was our only real threat, although we are now starting to look good attacking down the right with Morais, before xmas it was the opposite with most going down the left through Clough, we need to have more than one dimension to our play which I think Morais now gives us which makes us harder to play against.

I think a lot of sides had figured us out after xmas hopefully we are getting back to a better mix but we still need to work on a few areas.

73Fleetwood 2-4 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Fleetwood 2-4 Bolton Sun Mar 12 2017, 17:10

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

74Fleetwood 2-4 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Fleetwood 2-4 Bolton Sun Mar 12 2017, 17:43

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

'Devrite still has the same problems as old in that he lets the ball bounce before dealing with it'

Exactly. Don't they teach kids that when they're 7 or 8 years old?

Dervite is a liability and will cost us dearly given time. Fantastic result yesterday but I won't have much confidence going into any game as long as he is on the team sheet.

Play-off final with him in defence. pale

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum