Bolton Wanderers Fans Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » The dreaded snip...

The dreaded snip...

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

61 Re: The dreaded snip... on Fri Mar 17 2017, 19:21

Reebok Trotter

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
And another really sad story.... Another colleague was happily married with kids and had the snip. Years later he fell for a younger model and ended up getting divorced. His new wife wanted a child so he paid privately to have the op reversed. He was from Salford and ended up going to a private hospital in Brighton for the op. They told him there was no guarantee that the op would be successful but he went ahead with it anyway.
Less than eighteen months later his new wife presented him with a beautiful baby girl. When she was about three he had a massive brain haemmorage / stroke. He was by this time in his late forties but he was an incredibly fit man. He was an amateur wrestler and had wrestled for England in the commonwealth games. He had never smoked and always looked after himself and he survived but was left with locked in syndrome and could only communicate with a machine. He eventually passed away in a hospice in Salford a couple of years ago. People are often referred to as Legends and he truly was. Just a pity fate dealt him such a cruel hand at a relatively young age.

62 Re: The dreaded snip... on Fri Mar 17 2017, 19:24

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Remind me never to ask RT's advice. 

About anything! Smile

63 Re: The dreaded snip... on Fri Mar 17 2017, 19:33

Reebok Trotter

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I do believe that 58 would like to be in possession of all anecdotal tales so he can make an informed decsion before he takes the plunge! ( or should that be needle?) Laughing

64 Re: The dreaded snip... on Fri Mar 17 2017, 22:13

Chairmanda

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
From the female perspective, I obviously can't add anything to the experience of having a vasectomy, but can congratulate you guys for taking your share of the responsibility for contraception rather than expecting your other halves to take chemicals which have proven harmful side effects long term.

65 Re: The dreaded snip... on Sat Mar 18 2017, 00:04

Bread2.0

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Chairmanda wrote:From the female perspective, I obviously can't add anything to the experience of having a vasectomy, but can congratulate you guys for taking your share of the responsibility for contraception rather than expecting your other halves to take chemicals which have proven harmful side effects long term.

Serious point time. (Again.)

My sister's best mate from school is a pharmacologist and she has long held the belief that spraying antiperspirant under your pits is dangerous because apparently, when she was at Chemistry School or whatever, they told her that the technology and science behind it was largely unproven and could potentially have harmful side-effects because aerosol delivery systems for personal hygiene products are a fairly new phenomenon and there simply isn't enough data available to say that they're safe.

It all seemed like a good idea in the 70's when everybody stunk a bit in summer because of the sweat and that and when some American company came up with a way of making everybody smell nice, the immediate relief on the nostrils was apparently enough to get it all passed.

The "Jimmy Carter: No More Sweat Stains Act" sailed through Congress with unanimous support and the FDA fully endorsed it with a smile.

And so we, of course, blindly accepted it as being ok and followed suit, despite the fact that we could no longer wear black tops without having crusty white areas around our armpits.

And sweet smelling dandruff all down our sides.

Ok, I made the Jimmy Carter bit up but the rest's true.

And it has been suggested that there is definite link between underarm antiperspirant and breast cancer.

https://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/causes-prevention/risk/myths/antiperspirants-fact-sheet

66 Re: The dreaded snip... on Sat Mar 18 2017, 10:40

okocha

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
So roll-on deodorants are ok??

67 Re: The dreaded snip... on Sat Mar 18 2017, 10:43

DEANO82

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Bread2.0 wrote:The post-op swelling is the main problem.

But once it goes down, you'll be fine.

Looks like an alien doing a handstand.

68 Re: The dreaded snip... on Sat Mar 18 2017, 11:43

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
:rofl:

69 Re: The dreaded snip... on Sat Mar 18 2017, 13:31

gloswhite

Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
rammywhite wrote:
gloswhite wrote:When I was bricked up, they knocked me out for it. However, that was when I discovered that I suffer, on occasion, from sleep apnea. Apart from nearly choking to death from the anaesthetic, everything was fine. 
The next few days were interesting, as the swelling made them about the same size and colour as cricket balls, but with no pain. Bit awkward as I was on Ascension Island, and wearing shorts  Very Happy

Seriously, if you make the decision, I doubt you will have any problems.

Glos,
Have you got a CPAP machine for your apnoea?
Rammy,
I had a weeks trial for the machine, but couldn't get any sleep. I was worse off than before I tried. As I only suffered when I was extremely tired, it defeated the purpose of it. I gave up in the end , and, oddly enough, didn't suffer again for almost 2 years, until last week, when I had two episodes.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum