Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Oxford Utd 2-4 BWFC (Link to goals Post 54)

+18
Bwfc1958
wessy
Keegan
Gothic_Wanderer
Cajunboy
Fabians Right Peg
MartinBWFC
Bread2.0
Norpig
rammywhite
BoltonTillIDie
gloswhite
Boggersbelief
karlypants
Sluffy
boltonbonce
Natasha Whittam
wanderlust
22 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Only 3 days before we're at it again. This time we're out for revenge at the Kassam Stadium which by all recent accounts has a very dodgy bobbly pitch that doesn't really lend itself to a passing game.

Oxford have ambitions of a playoff place (currently 9th) and are in a confident mood having just come back from being a goal behind to beat Scunny 2 - 1.

Since they dominated and outplayed us eventually winning 2 nil at the Macron back in October, Oxford have a very mixed season both home and away although their stand out performances have mainly been on the road notably an impressive 4 nil win at Dale.

But this is a home match on a shit pitch on a Tuesday evening and it will to some extent come down to who handles the conditions better, especially if it chucks it down on Monday as forecast.

The other key factor for me will be whether or not Parky manages to get the team fired up after a less than impressive first half yesterday. 

Head says 2 - 2, heart says 1 - 3.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We'll get dicked.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I lost one of my shoes on an away trip to Oxford. Ron Atkinson was playing for them at the time,so you can see how long ago it was.
We'll win 2-1.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

The goals from Oxford's win against Scunthorpe yesterday.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ref watch: Ross Joyce to oversee Oxford United trip

Ross Joyce will take charge of Wanderers’ trip to Oxford United on Tuesday night.

The Cleveland-based official previously oversaw his only other Whites outing back in August as Bolton beat Sheffield United on the opening day of the season.

Becoming a Football League regular last season after running the rule over his Football League fixture in February 2014, Mr Joyce has been the man in the middle for 35 games so far this campaign, dishing out 153 yellow cards and 11 red cards.

Ian Dudley and Michael Webb will run the line, while John Brooks is the fourth official.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Preview: Five talking points ahead of Oxford United v Bolton Wanderers

1. Wheavers

Not only are Mark Beevers and David Wheater a solid defensive pairing alongside Dorian Dervite, but they’ve also provided a constant source of goals down the other end of the field.

Wheater has found the back of the net seven times this season, meanwhile, Beevers has scored four goals, there was also more praise for the duo this week as both were named in the EFL League 1 Team of the Season, an awarded voted by every team in the division's chief local reporter.

Could it be yet another goal for either Beevers or Wheater against Oxford, or will Dervite upstage both of them and score his first goal of the season.

2. Four on the bounce?

In seven days, Phil Parkinson’s side have scored 10 goals, conceded three and picked up nine points from a possible nine. It’s some going considering two of the fixtures were away from home, including then second-placed Fleetwood Town. 

The win would give Bolton a breathing space between the chasing pack and extend our lead over The Cod Army to four points.

3. Adam Le Fondre

Adam Le Fondre is well and truly a Wanderer. The striker put in a dogged performance on Saturday chasing down every loose ball and proving to be a real nuisance for the Northampton defenders.

Alfie’s work rate and determination was rewarded with yet another goal as the forward stepped up to convert a rare Wanderers penalty to level the scoring.

The 30-year-old has now scored four goals in his last three Sky Bet League One games, and once strikers start scoring they usually find it hard to stop.

So Alfie, another goal on Tuesday night would be nice.

4. Tuesday Night League success

Tuesday’s encounter against Oxford United will be our tenth Sky Bet League One, evening kick-off this season.

The night games have certainly proved to be a good omen for Phil Parkinson’s side as they’ve won eight of the nine games. The latest midweek fixture saw Bolton run out 4-0 winners over Gillingham. That result extended our unbeaten run to seven even games without defeat, stretching back to the 18th October.

More of the same please, lads.

5. Happy hunting down South

Tuesday evening’s game will see Wanderers travel to the south for the eleventh time in the league this season, and we’ve more than enjoyed our away days to the south of the country.

Having not won away from home for over a year, the Whites ended their unwanted record against AFC Wimbledon on the first away day of the season.

The Whites have also beaten Bristol Rovers, Swindon Town, Millwall, Northampton Town and Gillingham on the road and have lost just one of their previous ten outings down south.

Now facing Oxford, they will be eager to ensure this good run continues come 9.45pm on Tuesday!

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Press Conference:

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm sensing an Alf hattrick

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I really hope you're right Boggers. Its a pivotal game.

Boggersbelief wrote:I'm sensing an Alf hattrick
:like:

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Glad to see it's live on Sky.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'll be watching from my armchair Smile

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'll be watching and talking bollocks on chatbox.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:I'll be watching and talking bollocks on chatbox.

I'll be watching it and reading your bollocks then

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:I'll be watching and talking bollocks on chatbox.
Nothing new here then.  Razz

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You know where you can shove your curtain pole. Razz

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:You know where you can shove your curtain pole. Razz
I might like that. Very Happy

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:You know where you can shove your curtain pole. Razz
I might like that. Very Happy
Be very careful. Shocked

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i'm at work so no way am i clicking on that link  Shocked

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:i'm at work so no way am i clicking on that link  Shocked

You should do- there's a great story about a hamster in a condom!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum