You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » Football League's Team of the season - League 1

Football League's Team of the season - League 1

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Sluffy

avatar
Admin
I always think they do these things much too early but I guess they have to do it in advance of the ceremony at the end of the season - anyway this is it -

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Ripley - Oldham
McLaughlin - Fleetwood
Meredith - Bradford
Morris - Scunthorpe
Oztumer - Walsall
Fleck - Sheff United
Gregory - Millwall
Sharp - Sheff United
Vaughan - Bury

Manager - Rosler - Fleetwood.


Anybody disagree with this selection if so who would you have in?



y2johnny

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
It's way too early. Morais and Alf will be in that before the end of the season

http://Www.thefacefittester.co.uk

Norpig

avatar
Jussi Jääskeläinen
Jussi Jääskeläinen
Beavers and Wheater deserve to be in, is Oztumer the tiny Turkish fella? He was excellent when we played Walsall and Vaughan and Sharp have scored a lot of goals so seems like a good shout.

Sluffy

avatar
Admin
Norpig wrote:Beavers and Wheater deserve to be in, is Oztumer the tiny Turkish fella? He was excellent when we played Walsall and Vaughan and Sharp have scored a lot of goals so seems like a good shout.

Yes.

Height - 5 ft 3 in (1.60 m)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sluffy

avatar
Admin
I also think Morris was the player we tried to get from Scunthorpe in the January window (he's a former Parkinson player from last season's Bradford team).

It wouldn't surprise me if he joins up with us during the summer, particularly if we get promoted and they don't.

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Got to pick Billy Sharp and James Vaughn as they are the top strikers in the division although if there was only one striker I'd be tempted to go for Vaughn seeing as he has done it for Bury as opposed to the title favourites and has only had about 75% of the game time in which to do it that Sharp has had - giving him a higher strike rate.

Oztumer has been brilliant and scores loads of goals from midfield - 14 so far this season. Imagine if we had a midfielder with that sort of return?

Wheater and Beevers deserve inclusion but the rest of this eleven is debatable IMO as there are good players all over the division.

Sluffy

avatar
Admin
wanderlust wrote:...IMO as there are good players all over the division.

You are obviously entitled to your opinion Lusty, but the team is picked based on votes from all the clubs in the league by people who have actually seen these players play in the flesh and not based on some Radio Nuts commentators views such as Tony Kelly's and/or the few minute clips from SKY TV coverage.

Norpig

avatar
Jussi Jääskeläinen
Jussi Jääskeläinen
Bit harsh on Lusty there Sluffy, all that was missing from that was a crack about armchairs.

None of us can say we've seen masses of league 1 football other than our home games as TV coverage is so poor for league 1

Sluffy

avatar
Admin
Norpig wrote:Bit harsh on Lusty there Sluffy, all that was missing from that was a crack about armchairs.

None of us can say we've seen masses of league 1 football other than our home games as TV coverage is so poor for league 1

I believe it to be fair comment on my part.

The selected team IS based on votes from representatives who have seen those selected (and as importantly those not selected also) by actually being present at the games over the whole season to date and seeing what the players can do in the flesh.

Anyone is entitled to an opinion - even those who have never seen some of those selected actually play with their own eyes (as opposed to the TV or other media).

So 24 clubs have judged the other 23 clubs in their league and these 11 names are the ones that have come out as the best team selected by their peers.

If you think Lusty's opinion of the players is superior to their's, then fair enough.

I don't and that is all that I've said in my post above.

I don't see how that can be seen as harsh?

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
We all have different views.
I've been having an ongoing argument with a Utd supporter about the famous Rooney overhead kick against City.
He raves about it.
I told him straight that it was a fluke. He shinned it,and got lucky. End of.

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Sluffy wrote:
wanderlust wrote:...IMO as there are good players all over the division.

You are obviously entitled to your opinion Lusty, but the team is picked based on votes from all the clubs in the league by people who have actually seen these players play in the flesh and not based on some Radio Nuts commentators views such as Tony Kelly's and/or the few minute clips from SKY TV coverage.
Two things about this:

1) You have absolutely no idea where I get my information from, and which games I attend in person or watch via other means. Nor do you have the faintest clue who my contacts are. 
2) I clearly expressed the comment as MY OPINION. That's what IMO stands for. 

You are a moron Sluffy - IMO.

Bread2.0

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Oi, Lusty!

Get your own agenda; That one's taken.....IMO.

Sluffy

avatar
Admin
wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
wanderlust wrote:...IMO as there are good players all over the division.

You are obviously entitled to your opinion Lusty, but the team is picked based on votes from all the clubs in the league by people who have actually seen these players play in the flesh and not based on some Radio Nuts commentators views such as Tony Kelly's and/or the few minute clips from SKY TV coverage.
Two things about this:

1) You have absolutely no idea where I get my information from, and which games I attend in person or watch via other means. Nor do you have the faintest clue who my contacts are. 
2) I clearly expressed the comment as MY OPINION. That's what IMO stands for. 

You are a moron Sluffy - IMO.

I might well be a moron and I've said repeatedly in my posts above that you are fully entitled to your opinion.

As for where you form your opinion from however, unless you have personally been to every single League 1 game this season, and thus seen 'in the flesh' each and every players performance during each and every match, from kick off to final whistle, then you will not have anything approaching the the depth or breadth of knowledge of the players that the representatives of the 24 league clubs that have covered all the players at all the games had.

In fact your reference to "where I get my information" and "do you have the faintest clue who my contacts are" seems strongly to suggest you may not even have your own opinion of the players at all and are merely expressing SOMEBODY ELSES opinion of them.

Even a moron like me would never be so dumb as to do that!

Shocked

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Sluffy wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
wanderlust wrote:...IMO as there are good players all over the division.

You are obviously entitled to your opinion Lusty, but the team is picked based on votes from all the clubs in the league by people who have actually seen these players play in the flesh and not based on some Radio Nuts commentators views such as Tony Kelly's and/or the few minute clips from SKY TV coverage.
Two things about this:

1) You have absolutely no idea where I get my information from, and which games I attend in person or watch via other means. Nor do you have the faintest clue who my contacts are. 
2) I clearly expressed the comment as MY OPINION. That's what IMO stands for. 

You are a moron Sluffy - IMO.

I might well be a moron and I've said repeatedly in my posts above that you are fully entitled to your opinion.

As for where you form your opinion from however, unless you have personally been to every single League 1 game this season, and thus seen 'in the flesh' each and every players performance during each and every match, from kick off to final whistle, then you will not have anything approaching the the depth or breadth of knowledge of the players that the representatives of the 24 league clubs that have covered all the players at all the games had.

In fact your reference to "where I get my information" and "do you have the faintest clue who my contacts are" seems strongly to suggest you may not even have your own opinion of the players at all and are merely expressing SOMEBODY ELSES opinion of them.

Even a moron like me would never be so dumb as to do that!

Shocked
So why did you feel it necessary to have a dig at me in the first place? It's not as if it's the first time that you've felt the need to make some inane comment about me.
In this case you accept that I have a right to express an opinion and then try to devalue that opinion by questioning my credibility - as if it is even an issue when it comes to opinions. 
Your speculation is as unwelcome as it is unwarranted.

gloswhite

avatar
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
I don't understand why, when things are all quiet on the Western Front, somebody starts a bloody argument. More so when its the person who claims that nothing upsets him about the internet! Did you have a quiet moment Sluffy, and decided to stir it up a bit, or did you miss your medication ?  Very Happy

Sluffy

avatar
Admin
gloswhite wrote:I don't understand why, when things are all quiet on the Western Front, somebody starts a bloody argument. More so when its the person who claims that nothing upsets him about the internet! Did you have a quiet moment Sluffy, and decided to stir it up a bit, or did you miss your medication ?  Very Happy

Neither Glos.

I don't believe I even started an argument - all I did was to acknowledge Lusty right to an opinion but believed that the 24 clubs representatives who had between them seen every game this season live and in the flesh, had a far stronger case to be a better judge of the players in the league than someone who hadn't.

What if anything is contentious with saying that?

Once again Lusty doesn't read what I put - it certainly wasn't the first time he's done that - and it won't be the last either - and gets his knickers in a twist over something that was there that he hadn't read - and goes on to dish out personal abuse by calling me a moron!

If he bothers himself to re-read what is actually there in my posts he can not possibly find anything unreasonable to argue about - I did acknowledge he had an opinion right from the very first sentence and I can't believe anyone could argue that my view that people actually seeing all the games have a better standpoint on making an informed decision on players than someone who hasn't!

I deny therefore that I started any argument at all - even if I may have missed my last medication!

Very Happy

Norpig

avatar
Jussi Jääskeläinen
Jussi Jääskeläinen
Sluffy you have to admit you have been baiting Lusty for a while now, as Lusty says you say everyone is welcome to an opinion but then rubbish his when he offers one

Bread2.0

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Save your breath, Mr Pig.

We've been here before (many times).

Do as he says, not as he does.

The Deluded One is in charge; it's his site and he knows he's cleverer than the rest of us, so we should all just shut up and accept it.

No point trying to discuss it with him.

Sluffy

avatar
Admin
Norpig wrote:Sluffy you have to admit you have been baiting Lusty for a while now, as Lusty says you say everyone is welcome to an opinion but then rubbish his when he offers one

No I deny it Norpig.

If anything it is the other way around, whatever I post seems to have Lusty having a little pop at me - almost always over something he's assumed was/wasn't in my post, which actually was/wasn't in my post to begin with.

This time he decided to get personally abusive over the fact that I didn't acknowledge he had an opinion (I had).

Is it unreasonable for anyone to say that those who have seen all the players at all the games are in a better position to judge them than someone who hasn't - I don't think so - do you?

So why get all shirty about it?  Would he have done so if you had posted what I had - I somehow think he wouldn't.

I don't see anything I've done here to be wumming or trolling of him in any way, shape or form - but rather fair and reasonable comment that he took the wrong way (because I strongly suspect he doesn't bother himself to read properly what I post on a regular basis).

Christ all I've basically said here was 'you are entitled to your opinion Lusty but I don't agree with it' - how the fuck as that been turned into a major argument???




Oh hello, my personal troll as turned up again.

Bread2.0

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Well, let's look at the facts, shall we?

There are 4 of us all saying that you're being an arse but your lack of self-awareness means that you can't or won't see it.

So who's got the problem?

Sluffy

avatar
Admin
Bread2.0 wrote:Well, let's look at the facts, shall we?

There are 4 of us all saying that you're being an arse but your lack of self-awareness means that you can't or won't see it.

So who's got the problem?

Hahaha!

Your so desperate to prove me wrong over something aren't you!

As I've posted above all I've basically said was 'Lusty, you are entitled to an opinion but I don't agree with it'.

If that means four people think I'm an arse then fine - it won't spoil my day.

Bread2.0

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
You're fucking mental.

Boggersbelief

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
#killingthesite

Norpig

avatar
Jussi Jääskeläinen
Jussi Jääskeläinen
there are ways and means to express your disagreement without having to rubbish someones credibility by basically saying they are an armchair fan so their opinion is invalid

Sluffy you started this thread and said on the last line of your post that anyone who disagrees should comment which we have done. Trouble is you seem to have an agenda with Lusty (all the eye rolling emoji's on every post kind of gives it away) so every post he makes you tend to pass it off as if he has some issue with you, which i personally can't see

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Any armchair fan can get to the match now.

Sluffy

avatar
Admin
Norpig wrote:there are ways and means to express your disagreement without having to rubbish someones credibility by basically saying they are an armchair fan so their opinion is invalid

Sluffy you started this thread and said on the last line of your post that anyone who disagrees should comment which we have done. Trouble is you seem to have an agenda with Lusty (all the eye rolling emoji's on every post kind of gives it away) so every post he makes you tend to pass it off as if he has some issue with you, which i personally can't see

I never said he was an armchair fan (ever, as far as I can recall - certainly not on this thread) in fact it was you who brought it up!

As for who has got an issue with who between Lusty and I - I'm not the one who kicked off about not acknowledging his right to an opinion (I had) and reverted to personal abuse because of it.  All I said in essence was 'Lusty, you are entitled to an opinion but I don't agree with it'.  I gave what I considered a totally valid reason for not agreeing with his view - and I doubt anybody even disagrees with it too!  Do you?

If you or anyone else considers that to then mean then that I am entirely at fault and Lusty being pure, innocent and completely blameless - and free to post personal abuse at me - that's fine.

I won't be losing any sleep over it.

Nor I doubt will he.

Norpig

avatar
Jussi Jääskeläinen
Jussi Jääskeläinen
i give up  Rolling Eyes

karlypants

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I'm currently enjoying a packet of milk chocolate digestives while reading through all this. Cool

Norpig

avatar
Jussi Jääskeläinen
Jussi Jääskeläinen
Don't eat them all KP you'll get fat  Very Happy

y2johnny

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Im eating a left over sweet cone from my lads party.  Bubblegum millions and haribo Smile

http://Www.thefacefittester.co.uk

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum