Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton

Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1 Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton on Wed Mar 22 2017, 12:58

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Had to get this started as these games are coming thick and fast ATM.

Shrewsbury away.

1) They showed they are competitive earlier in the season with some good wins, but in the last month they've slipped to 20th and seem to have just realised they are in the relegation dogfight so we can expect some serious resistance.

2) They are well rested compared to our lads. They last played on Friday so will have had a full 8 days rest before the match.

3) Parky has hinted that he may rest a couple of players for this one. Wouldn't surprise me if Karacan came in for Prats and maybe Long for ALF which worries me but we'll have to wait and see. 

If Parky rests Prats for this - and TBF he's worked his nads off these last 2 weeks - I can understand it, but surely it would be better to wait for the Chesterfield game if possible? Without his closing down we tend to sit deeper and that could turn this game into a banana skin. We have a full week off after this game until a home match against second from bottom Chesterfield which would seem to be a better option for resting key players IMO.

Anyway I think we should win it but I'm worried that we'll make harder work of it than we should. I'm guessing 1 - 2 with us getting a late winner after Parky realises we need to get further up the pitch.

2 Re: Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton on Wed Mar 22 2017, 13:22

Norpig

John McGinlay
John McGinlay
another away win i reckon, 0-2 but it does depend on who is fit to play. The bench and squad is better than a few months ago but i would be less optimistic if the likes of ALF and Beevers don't play.

3 Re: Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton on Wed Mar 22 2017, 14:40

Fabians Right Peg

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
No resting players at this stage and on this sort of run, think Pratley did feel his hamstring, but unless there is a serious risk of injury play them.

They can reduce the training at this stage of the season and concentrate on getting the layers ready for the games.

Alf should be back and no reason to rest Beevers.

4 Re: Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton on Wed Mar 22 2017, 15:06

Norpig

John McGinlay
John McGinlay
i thought i heard or read that Beevers had picked up a knock? Hope i'm wrong. Its more likely Pratley wouldn't be risked as if he did really damage his hamstring then that would be it for this season

5 Re: Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton on Wed Mar 22 2017, 15:14

Fabians Right Peg

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Norpig wrote:i thought i heard or read that Beevers had picked up a knock? Hope i'm wrong. Its more likely Pratley wouldn't be risked as if he did really damage his hamstring then that would be it for this season
think I heard he felt it tighten or a twinge, hence a precautionary substitution last night. beevers would play with a broken leg, he wants to beat wheater in the scoring charts.

6 Re: Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton on Wed Mar 22 2017, 17:28

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Anyone who has followed Bolton in recent years will know this is a nailed on certainty to end in defeat.

We take out the "big boys" in Fleetwood and Oxford, so surely Shrewsbury will be a walk in the park?

Unlikely.

2-1 to the home side.

7 Re: Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton on Wed Mar 22 2017, 20:56

wessy

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
In this form we should have enough to win BUT they have won five out of the last six home games and top the form table for home games. so no walk over.

8 Re: Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton on Wed Mar 22 2017, 21:01

MartinBWFC

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
wessy wrote:In this form we should have enough to win BUT they have won five out of the last six home games and top the form table for home games. so no walk over.
Fleetwood weren't too shabby at home prior to playing us, nor were Oxford, my worry is we struggle for some reason against the bottome teams.

9 Re: Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton on Thu Mar 23 2017, 07:03

Jack Russell

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt
3 - 1 Bolton

10 Re: Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton on Thu Mar 23 2017, 08:34

Norpig

John McGinlay
John McGinlay
Natasha Whittam wrote:Anyone who has followed Bolton in recent years will know this is a nailed on certainty to end in defeat.

We take out the "big boys" in Fleetwood and Oxford, so surely Shrewsbury will be a walk in the park?

Unlikely.

2-1 to the home side.
you've been saying that for the last month, keep it up as its clear you know nothing about football

11 Re: Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton on Thu Mar 23 2017, 08:40

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Norpig wrote:you've been saying that for the last month, keep it up as its clear you know nothing about football

Name me one person who knows more about football than me.

12 Re: Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton on Thu Mar 23 2017, 08:53

Boggersbelief

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
MartinBWFC wrote:
wessy wrote:In this form we should have enough to win BUT they have won five out of the last six home games and top the form table for home games. so no walk over.
Fleetwood weren't too shabby at home prior to playing us, nor were Oxford, my worry is we struggle for some reason against the bottome teams.

Oxford have been shit at home. Do your research before you comment

13 Re: Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton on Thu Mar 23 2017, 09:26

Soul Kitchen

Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
Natasha Whittam wrote:
Norpig wrote:you've been saying that for the last month, keep it up as its clear you know nothing about football

Peter Kay.

14 Re: Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton on Thu Mar 23 2017, 10:26

rammywhite

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
A nervy win  for us 2-1
They never really fill you with confidence until around the 93rd minute

15 Re: Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton on Thu Mar 23 2017, 10:41

Norpig

John McGinlay
John McGinlay
Natasha Whittam wrote:

me

16 Re: Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton on Thu Mar 23 2017, 10:55

Boggersbelief

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Norpig wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

me

She said football not city

17 Re: Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton on Thu Mar 23 2017, 11:45

Norpig

John McGinlay
John McGinlay
Do you only have one joke Boggers? Wearing a bit thin that one

18 Re: Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton on Thu Mar 23 2017, 12:04

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Norpig wrote:Do you only have one joke Boggers? Wearing a bit thin that one

There's the score prediction one as well - that always makes me laugh. What'll it be on Saturday Boggers?

19 Re: Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton on Thu Mar 23 2017, 12:19

Boggersbelief

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
wanderlust wrote:

There's the score prediction one as well - that always makes me laugh. What'll it be on Saturday Boggers?

You tell me, you're the one with direct links to each and every side in league one.

20 Re: Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton on Thu Mar 23 2017, 14:06

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Boggersbelief wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

You tell me, you're the one with direct links to each and every side in league one.
To think I was looking forward to being cheered up by your rampant optimism.

I'll just interpret that as you're saying 0 - 6.

21 Re: Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton on Thu Mar 23 2017, 14:30

Sluffy

Admin
WANDERERS’ incredible exertions on the road may catch up with them this weekend at Shrewsbury Town.

Phil Parkinson is keeping a close eye on the fitness of four key players showing signs of wear and tear after the dramatic midweek win over Oxford United.

Adam Le Fondre, Darren Pratley, Jay Spearing and Mark Beevers are all being monitored by the club’s medical staff, their involvement at Greenhous Meadow in doubt as The Bolton News went to press.

Le Fondre was suffering from blurred vision after a clash of heads with Oxford defender Chey Dunkley in the first half at the Kassam Stadium but has not suffered from concussion.

Pratley – still only three games returned from a seven-month lay-off – felt tightness in his hamstring on Tuesday night and was forced off the pitch but the problem has been put down to fatigue.

Spearing complained of soreness in his calf, which led to his late exit in the game, and Beevers suffered pain in his knee. Both players will see physio Matt Barrass again tomorrow before being given the go-ahead to train.

It is thought none of the injuries are serious but after earning four successive wins, three of which were away from home, in the space of 10 days, the club are being careful not to risk any serious injuries.

An opportunity could present itself for on-loan striker Chris Long after an impressive appearance off the bench against Oxford.

Parkinson feels the Burnley man can have an impact on the final eight games of the campaign.

“Longy has had a bit of a funny period with us, he came in and scored, then got sent off, then got an injury,” he told The Bolton News. “But he looked so dangerous when he came on at Oxford.

“We had to change the shape in the second half because we were getting over-run a little bit and I felt he made the difference.

“Maybe he should have squared the one towards the end but he got us up the pitch and really gave the right-back a torrid time. He has got that pace and offers something different.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

22 Re: Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton on Thu Mar 23 2017, 18:38

okocha

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Thought Nat would be expecting a good dicking......well, it's certainly what she's been waiting to happen... Rolling Eyes

23 Re: Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton on Thu Mar 23 2017, 18:54

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Norpig wrote:me

I've been laughing all day.

24 Re: Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton on Thu Mar 23 2017, 18:55

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
okocha wrote:Thought Nat would be expecting a good dicking......well, it's certainly what she's been waiting to happen... Rolling Eyes

Cecil is shy, he's never gone all the way.

25 Re: Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton on Thu Mar 23 2017, 19:50

Bread2.0

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
He's gonna get a shock with you then, isn't he?

Poor bastard...

26 Re: Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton on Thu Mar 23 2017, 20:05

Bollotom2014

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Natasha Whittam wrote:

Dougie Freedman?

27 Re: Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton on Thu Mar 23 2017, 22:19

Sluffy

Admin
Most recent clip I could find of a Shrewsbury match - away at Chesterfield two weeks back - Shrewsbury in red -

Also a clip of former Wanderer Joe Riley about playing Bolton this weekend -

Note - both video's are pretty dull to watch imo - but they are both only a couple of minutes long if you've nothing better to do with your time!

28 Re: Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton on Fri Mar 24 2017, 07:29

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Ref watch: Sebastian Stockbridge to oversee Shrewsbury Town trip

Sebastian Stockbridge will take charge of Wanderers’ Sky Bet League One trip to Shrewsbury Town on Saturday.

Involved in the game professionally since 2011, the Tyne official was based in the Blue Square Premier for two seasons before being promoted into the Football League.

Mr Stockbridge has overseen two Whites matches so far this season, running the rule over Bolton's home clashes with Southend United and Coventry City.

The man in the middle for 34 games so far this season, dishing out 140 yellow cards and seven red cards.

Steven Plane and Matthew Jones will run the line while Graham Salisbury is the fourth official.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

29 Re: Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton on Fri Mar 24 2017, 08:54

Norpig

John McGinlay
John McGinlay
Natasha Whittam wrote:
Norpig wrote:me

I've been laughing all day.

Glad to be of service  Very Happy

30 Re: Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton on Fri Mar 24 2017, 10:34

Bwfc1958

Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!
By all accounts, Shrewsbury's achilles heel is their inability to deal with aerial threats in the box. As unattractive as it may seem, bombarding their penalty area with long balls and crosses may be the way to go in this one. Three points is what's important now, any which way we can get them.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum