Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BREAKING NEWS - TERROR ATTACK outside Parliament

+9
Bread2.0
Reebok Trotter
wanderlust
Soul Kitchen
MartinBWFC
Fabians Right Peg
karlypants
Sluffy
boltonbonce
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breaking news.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Shots are reported to have been fired close to the Houses of Parliament in central London.
Politicians and journalists have tweeted about hearing loud crashes outside the buildings,
Witnesses said they saw people being treated for wounds and reported seeing a man with a knife in the grounds.
Staff inside Parliament were told to stay inside their offices. The BBC's Laura Kuenssberg said police told her someone had been shot.
She said MPs had told her they heard "three or four gunshots".
Scotland Yard said it was called to a firearms incident on Westminster Bridge amid reports of several people injured.
Transport for London said Westminster underground station has been shut at the police's request.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39355940

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Eyewitnesses describe seeing a man with a knife within the confines of the Palace, while the journalist Quentin Letts described seeing a "parliamentary security men shoot a man who had attacked a policeman".

There are also reports of a dozen people injured on Westminster Bridge after a car attempted to run down a number of pedestrians, but this has not yet been confirmed.

BREAKING NEWS - TERROR ATTACK outside Parliament 860499bd5cf47337ee0e93b8f0d3156cdcdc8c2b7ec257f634e3763022366ed3_3914687

http://news.sky.com/story/gunshots-outside-parliament-8211-several-injured-10810680

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

A "police officer has been stabbed" and the "alleged assailant was shot by armed police", Commons Leader David Lidington has told MPs.

From Radoslaw Sikorski on twitter - about 5 minutes ago -

A car on Westminster Bridge has just mowed down at least 5 people.

Incudes a video -

https://twitter.com/sikorskiradek

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

One woman now reported dead.
A number of other people have 'catastrophic' injuries,according to a junior doctor.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Jesus Christ.

I hope everyone else is ok.

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

They are checking out the car which was crashed into the railings, suspect package inside. MP's being held in commons.

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Now reporting that the police officer who was stabbed has died.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fabians Right Peg wrote:Now reporting that the police officer who was stabbed has died.
Four now reportedly dead including the terrorist.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

22:34
The officer who died in the attack has been named as Keith Palmer.
Scotland Yard's Mark Rowley said Mr Palmer, 48, had 15 years service as a police officer and was a husband and father.

R.I.P.

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

R.I.P indeed, you go out to work, you should expect to go home to your family, these bastards have taken that privelige away, hang them.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

How ironic that plaudits were being given to a terrorist on Tuesday and this happens Wednesday. What a mixed up World!
RIP

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

MartinBWFC wrote:R.I.P indeed, you go out to work, you should expect to go home to your family, these bastards have taken that privelige away, hang them.
+1

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

British born attacker known to MI5

Goes to show that this type of attack will always be a threat and that security forces have an impossible job trying to prioritise over 100k people they are monitoring.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

These kind of attacks just give more ammunition to the likes of Donald Trump. RIP to those who just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:These kind of attacks just give more ammunition to the likes of Donald Trump. RIP to those who just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Ultimately I think we'll just have to accept the threat as an occupational hazard/ fact of life. If every car is a weapon, it's impossible to defend against. 
And there are so many easy targets out there.

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Is it time to routinely arm the plod?

I've always staunchly argued against it on the basis that gun crime in this country isn't (statistically at least) that bad a problem and arming coppers encourages the bad guys to carry guns as well.

But.....if the poor sod who died in this incident had been carrying, he may well still be alive today.

Driving a car into a crowd of pedestrians appears to be the current method of attack for these loonies and giving coppers handguns can't really stop that happening but is it time for a rethink?

I'm torn.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm not an advocate for arming the police,but I think any officer on duty at what might be considered an
area of significance,should be routinely armed.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bread2.0 wrote:Is it time to routinely arm the plod?

I've always staunchly argued against it on the basis that gun crime in this country isn't (statistically at least) that bad a problem and arming coppers encourages the bad guys to carry guns as well.

But.....if the poor sod who died in this incident had been carrying, he may well still be alive today.

Driving a car into a crowd of pedestrians appears to be the current method of attack for these loonies and giving coppers handguns can't really stop that happening but is it time for a rethink?

I'm torn.
i did think it was odd that the policeman that died was an unarmed member of the Parliamentary and diplomatic protection squad, surely he should have been armed?

I think the time has definitely come for the Police to be armed in certain circumstances and locations

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Norpig wrote:
Bread2.0 wrote:Is it time to routinely arm the plod?

I'm torn.
i did think it was odd that the policeman that died was an unarmed member of the Parliamentary and diplomatic protection squad, surely he should have been armed?

I think the time has definitely come for the Police to be armed in certain circumstances and locations

According to an eye witness account on BBC the terrorist attacked a policeman who had already fallen over before being shot. I assume the policeman was wearing a stab vest and he was killed because he was already on the ground and more vulnerable. I don't think it would have made much difference if he had been armed.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum