Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » 47 and out

47 and out

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

31 Re: 47 and out on Fri Mar 24 2017, 23:32

Sluffy

Admin
Congratulations Wessy.

Here's to the next 47 years of retirement!

:drinks:

32 Re: 47 and out on Fri Mar 24 2017, 23:59

Bollotom2014

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Well done, Wessy and enjoy it. I'm looking forward to retiring too, though in 45 years time if government rumours are to be believed. The trick is finding something to do to keep your mind sharp and your body fitt-ish.

33 Re: 47 and out on Sat Mar 25 2017, 00:08

xmiles

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
I skipped all the other posts but I am sure they are telling you to enjoy your retirement. It's great!

34 Re: 47 and out on Sat Mar 25 2017, 11:31

wessy

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Thanks everyone day 1 starts right here COYWM

35 Re: 47 and out on Sat Mar 25 2017, 12:16

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Congrats Wessy. You'll be amazed how busy retirement is.

36 Re: 47 and out on Sat Mar 25 2017, 14:22

gloswhite

Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
Wessy, congratulations on your retirement. I retired 2 years ago, with no plans other than to take it easy, and to get to see all the Little trains of Wales. (I've seen 2 so far, so plenty to go).
I made it clear to my daughters that I hadn't retired to become a babysitter, and made the proviso that I would look after them (all day) once they could wipe their own bum, (not something I was looking forward to).
I've had a great time, but now I get a bit bored, so got myself a little job, (Starts next week and I haven't decided how many days yet), delivering new cars, almost anywhere in the UK.

The golden rule is to make sure you have a good financial base/income/backup, which you have, so relax, lean back, and enjoy. :good:  

I have a plaque in front of me, which I found took a while to get used to living to. It says:

I don't want to
I don't have to
You can't make me
I'm retired.

37 Re: 47 and out on Sat Mar 25 2017, 17:11

rammywhite

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
wessy wrote:Well guys after 47 years continuous employment.

I retired today. 7 Saturdays a week from here on in!!

7 Saturdays a week? Wanderers play on Saturdays, so if it's 7 a week, you'll be a wreck within a month.
Go for 7 Sundays instead. Enjoy it. I was told by a 'retirement ' consultant (yes, they do exist!) that you should never go to bed unless you've got a plan as to what you're going to do tomorrow.

38 Re: 47 and out on Sat Mar 25 2017, 17:43

wessy

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
gloswhite wrote:Wessy, congratulations on your retirement. I retired 2 years ago, with no plans other than to take it easy, and to get to see all the Little trains of Wales. (I've seen 2 so far, so plenty to go).
I made it clear to my daughters that I hadn't retired to become a babysitter, and made the proviso that I would look after them (all day) once they could wipe their own bum, (not something I was looking forward to).
I've had a great time, but now I get a bit bored, so got myself a little job, (Starts next week and I haven't decided how many days yet), delivering new cars, almost anywhere in the UK.

The golden rule is to make sure you have a good financial base/income/backup, which you have, so relax, lean back, and enjoy. :good:  

I have a plaque in front of me, which I found took a while to get used to living to. It says:

I don't want to
I don't have to
You can't make me
I'm retired.
Great Advice duly noted cheers

39 Re: 47 and out on Sat Mar 25 2017, 17:45

wessy

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
rammywhite wrote:
wessy wrote:Well guys after 47 years continuous employment.

I retired today. 7 Saturdays a week from here on in!!

7 Saturdays a week? Wanderers play on Saturdays, so if it's 7 a week, you'll be a wreck within a month.
Go for 7 Sundays instead. Enjoy it. I was told by a 'retirement ' consultant (yes, they do exist!) that you should never go to bed unless you've got a plan as to what you're going to do tomorrow.
Likewise good advice change to Sundays sounds a good call

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum