Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » Oldham 1-0 Bolton

Oldham 1-0 Bolton

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1 Oldham 1-0 Bolton on Mon Apr 10 2017, 09:21

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Following on from the predictably tough trip to Scunny, the next task is the first of two local derbies against teams that would love to see us stumble at the last hurdle.
Unusually, we are the only League 1 game on both Saturday and Tuesday,, both of which we'll go into already knowing how Fleetwood and Bradford have gone on so it may be difficult for the lads to focus on what they're doing as they need to.

Despite Oldham doing us a favour against Fleetwood on Saturday, I feel we should be confident of a much  improved performance this time. Away win 1 - 2.

2 Re: Oldham 1-0 Bolton on Mon Apr 10 2017, 10:18

gloswhite

Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
1-3 ALF

3 Re: Oldham 1-0 Bolton on Mon Apr 10 2017, 10:30

rammywhite

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
1-1- stumbling over the finishing line raw nerves

4 Re: Oldham 1-0 Bolton on Mon Apr 10 2017, 14:16

Keegan

1-4. Easy-peasy.

http://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

5 Re: Oldham 1-0 Bolton on Mon Apr 10 2017, 14:33

BoltonTillIDie

John McGinlay
John McGinlay
Going to this game so hopefully a comfortable win...0-3

6 Re: Oldham 1-0 Bolton on Mon Apr 10 2017, 15:30

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
We'll get dicked.

Crap pitch, no Madine and hoofball, all add up to a home win.

7 Re: Oldham 1-0 Bolton on Mon Apr 10 2017, 15:38

Sluffy

Admin
Oldham's last game against Fleetwood on Saturday -

8 Re: Oldham 1-0 Bolton on Mon Apr 10 2017, 16:49

Keegan

Boom! Route one!

http://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

9 Re: Oldham 1-0 Bolton on Tue Apr 11 2017, 16:59

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Oldham fully expect to turn over the Wanderers according to the Oldham Chronicle:

"ATHLETIC fully expect to turn over Bolton and take another major step towards safety, in the final chapter of their top-of-the-table trilogy.

After drawing with promoted Sheffield United, John Sheridan's men saw off third-placed Fleetwood with arguably the most accomplished display of the season at the weekend.

That victory - which means Athletic have lost once in 10 outings at home under Sheridan - boosted the club's points tally to 48 and the placing in Sky Bet League One to 17th.

Now, Phil Parkinson's Wanderers arrive at SportsDirect.com Park knowing that a victory could be enough to see them promoted by Saturday afternoon.

At the same time, Parkinson will be fully aware that of the current top six, only Bradford have walked away from a trip to Athletic with three points this season.

"Outsiders might think Sheffield United, Fleetwood, Bolton, they'll win at Oldham, but they need to realise that it's not as easy as that," said Sheridan.

"I don't look at the league table. I look at the form we've shown since I came back, and we're a top six side at this moment in my eyes - certainly the way we're playing.

"I've just got to get that into the players, and the more you do that and keep winning games, the more confidence those players get.

"It's massive for us at the moment. We are a hard team to play against right now."
Like Sheffield United before them, Bolton are likely to employ the same 3-5-2 formation that has worked so well for Sheridan so far against the Blades and Fleetwood.

Athletic's manager will have no qualms about going like-for-like against the Trotters given the team's rich form.

"Everyone knows what their job is and that's good," Sheridan added.

"We're playing that system at present and everyone knows what their position is and what they've got to do.

"Everything worked for us against Fleetwood and it was a great team performance.

"The confidence is there of course and you get that by winning games.

"I feel as though we're going out there at home with a good chance of winning the game.

"I try to preach that to the lads - I don't care who we're playing, I expect us to win.

"We're playing Bolton next, and I expect to win that.

"We look really strong, and other than the Bradford result when they did deserve to win, our home form has been excellent.

"Touch wood, that will be the reason why we stay up.""

"Bring on Bolton" says ex-Wanderer Sheridan.

10 Re: Oldham 1-0 Bolton on Tue Apr 11 2017, 19:24

doffcocker

Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
Looking forward to my first trip to Boundary Park.

Have to say I don't care for Oldham much, they seem to have a lot of douchebag supporters.

I hope we win, but when we can beat Fleetwood 4-2 away and only draw at home to Chesterfield, it's clearly anybody's guess what will happen.

11 Re: Oldham 1-0 Bolton on Tue Apr 11 2017, 19:34

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
doffcocker wrote:Have to say I don't care for Oldham much, they seem to have a lot of douchebag supporters.

You'll fit right in then.

12 Re: Oldham 1-0 Bolton on Tue Apr 11 2017, 19:55

Bread2.0

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Boundary Park is the coldest ground in the football league.

Even in April.

Pack a jumper.

13 Re: Oldham 1-0 Bolton on Tue Apr 11 2017, 20:38

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I fell off a motorbike outside Boundary Park. I was riding pillion. It wasn't moving. I still have flashbacks.

14 Re: Oldham 1-0 Bolton on Thu Apr 13 2017, 07:25

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Ref watch: Peter Bankes to oversee Oldham Athletic trip

Peter Bankes will officiate Wanderers’ Sky Bet League One trip to Oldham Athletic on Saturday.

Having overseen his first Football League fixture in February 2014, Mr Bankes has run the rule over two Whites fixtures in the past with the most recent being this season's home draw with MK Dons back in September.

Boasting professional experience in the Sky Bet Championship as well as Sky Bet League One and Sky Bet League Two, he has refereed 36 games so far this season, dishing out 122 yellow cards and 11 red cards.

Paul Hodskinson and Andrew Fox will run the line while James Wilson is the fourth official.

Source

15 Re: Oldham 1-0 Bolton on Thu Apr 13 2017, 14:29

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Ex-Wanderer Tope Obadeyi may be drafted into the Oldham side on the left to go up against Filipe Morais which should be interesting. Chris Taylor is ineligible and there are no other naturally left-sided players available. Obadeyi tends to be attack minded so if he plays it'll be a battle to see which of them gets forward most - and which defends better.
Sheridan's other option is to reshuffle the team e.g. move McLaughlin to the left or play a different system, but that seems unlikely as Oldham have had recent success matching the opposition player for player so his preference against the Wanderers would be 352.

16 Re: Oldham 1-0 Bolton on Thu Apr 13 2017, 14:50

Norpig

John McGinlay
John McGinlay
Did Obadeyi actually ever play for the first team for us?

17 Re: Oldham 1-0 Bolton on Thu Apr 13 2017, 15:11

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Norpig wrote:Did Obadeyi actually ever play for the first team for us?
Made 3 appearances as a sub.

18 Re: Oldham 1-0 Bolton on Thu Apr 13 2017, 15:44

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Useless fact:

When he played for his school team in Birmingham, Obadeyi's strike partner was Daniel Sturridge - with whom he was reunited when Sturridge came on loan.

Rubbish striker, but if he's picked he's big and fast enough to give Morais a tough day.

19 Re: Oldham 1-0 Bolton on Thu Apr 13 2017, 16:05

Norpig

John McGinlay
John McGinlay
He was one of those players who we all hoped would come good but spent all his time out on loan i seem to remember, we seem to specialize in players like that over the last few years.

20 Re: Oldham 1-0 Bolton on Thu Apr 13 2017, 18:45

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Press Conference:

21 Re: Oldham 1-0 Bolton on Fri Apr 14 2017, 13:30

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Preview: Five talking points ahead of Oldham Athletic v Bolton Wanderers

Derby day
Wanderers will taking on another local-rival when they make the short journey to SportsDirect.com Park to face Oldham Athletic on Saturday. 

Beating Fleetwood Town 2-1 at Macron Stadium in their first derby clash of the season back in August, the Whites have lost just one of the following five clashes with their neighbours this season.

Suffering a 1-0 defeat at the hands of Rochdale in late September, Phil Parkinson’s side went on to beat the Latics and Bury 2-0 before overcoming Rochdale in the reverse fixture.

Most recently putting in one of their performances of the season to beat Fleetwood 4-2 at Highbury, Bolton will be hoping they continue their recent success in derby days this Easter Weekend.

2. Early kick-off
Originally scheduled for 3pm kick-off, Saturday's game was moved to a 12.30 start earlier in the season.

It won’t be the first early kick-off of the season either, in fact, it’s the third. The first came back in October against Swindon Town with victory that day proving pivotal as it started a five match winning run in the league.

Despite losing their last early start against Peterborough United back in November, the Trotters will be hungrier than ever to come out on top this weekend, knowing exactly what could be at sake.

3. Away following
Wanderers will be backed by over 4,300 fans on Saturday - their largest away following of the season and biggest since the club's FA Cup trip to Liverpool in January 2015.

The club's away support in Sky Bet League One has been impeccable throughout the campaign and Parkinson's men will be eager to reward their travelling fans in what is their penultimate away day of 2016/17.

4. Options upfront
With Gary Madine battling to be fit for Saturday's game, the Whites will be calling upon their strength in depth in attack as they prepare to make the trip to SportsDirect.com Park.

Midfielder Josh Vela is Bolton's leading goalscorer so far this season with ten goals to his name, while central defenders Mark Beevers and David Wheater have both popped up with seven strikes apiece. 

Elsewhere, forward Adam Le Fondre has netted five goals from just 13 starts since his return to Macron Stadium on loan back in January.

With the Trotters currently finding utilising a 3-5-2 formation, Parkinson will have a decision to make regarding who partners ALF.

Conor Wilkinson was given the nod against Scunthorpe United while Max Clayton and Chris Long will also be competing for a starting role.

5. One step closer...
With Wanderers playing the day after their promotion-rivals, victory for the Whites on Saturday could see them go up if other results have gone their way.

However, Fleetwood Town and Bradford City would both need to lose on Good Friday while Scunthorpe United would also need to drop points for Bolton to be put in such a position.

Fingers crossed!

Source

22 Re: Oldham 1-0 Bolton on Fri Apr 14 2017, 13:39

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Now saying that Madine, Dervite, Taylor and Pratley will all miss the game although I suspect that is Parky's version of mind games.

23 Re: Oldham 1-0 Bolton on Fri Apr 14 2017, 16:42

rammywhite

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
All  the chasing pack are winning at the minute. That puts more pressure on us to get something out of tomorrows game. You can be sure that Oldham will want to spoil the party for us

24 Re: Oldham 1-0 Bolton on Fri Apr 14 2017, 18:25

NickFazer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
I don't think he will take any risks bringing players back too early. We don't have to win tomorrow although our lead is likely to be just one point by Tuesday if we don't.

25 Re: Oldham 1-0 Bolton on Sat Apr 15 2017, 10:10

BoltonTillIDie

John McGinlay
John McGinlay
Feeling confident today...nice early goal to settle us

26 Re: Oldham 1-0 Bolton on Sat Apr 15 2017, 10:20

Norpig

John McGinlay
John McGinlay
I'm a a bit nervous to be honest, i know we have a massive away following but Oldham have been doing well recently.

I was thinking of going to this but left it too late and we sold out.

27 Re: Oldham 1-0 Bolton on Sat Apr 15 2017, 10:21

rammywhite

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Norpig wrote:I'm a a bit nervous to be honest, i know we have a massive away following but Oldham have been doing well recently.

I was thinking of going to this but left it too late and we sold out.

I'm nervous as well- but that's completely normal for me.  How many times have they let us down in crucial matches.

28 Re: Oldham 1-0 Bolton on Sat Apr 15 2017, 10:37

finlaymcdanger

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Same here. I hope the players nerves are holding up better than mine.

29 Re: Oldham 1-0 Bolton on Sat Apr 15 2017, 10:39

rammywhite

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
finlaymcdanger wrote:Same here. I hope the players nerves are holding up better than mine.

I've got a horrible feeling that they'll come at us like a train ,score early and we'll struggle to get back to level pegging.
If we come out of this at 1-1 I think I'll be happy.

30 Re: Oldham 1-0 Bolton on Sat Apr 15 2017, 10:44

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
My viral infection means I can't make it to the Bury game,so I'm hoping a win today will ease my disappointment.
I'm not as nervous today,for whatever reason,and I think we'll come away with the points.
As ever though,they'll put us through the mill.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum