You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » Bolton 3-0 Peterborough - PROMOTED!!!

Bolton 3-0 Peterborough - PROMOTED!!!

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1 Bolton 3-0 Peterborough - PROMOTED!!! on Mon Apr 24 2017, 11:16

BoltonTillIDie

Jussi Jääskeläinen
Jussi Jääskeläinen
We just need a draw to gain automatic promotion.  Really need an early goal otherwise knowing us we'd mess it up.  We do have the best defence in the league so hopefully they carry this on.

Being broadcast on Sky too.

2 Re: Bolton 3-0 Peterborough - PROMOTED!!! on Mon Apr 24 2017, 12:21

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Our home form has been poor recently so it's perhaps a good thing that we only need a draw (assuming Fleetwood don't batter Vale by 9.)
Posh scored 4 on Saturday and currently lie 11th in the table, but our last 5 home games have only produced 1 win despite playing against teams nearer the bottom of the league:

BWFC 0 v Bury (19th) 0
BWFC 0 v Chesterfield (24th/relegated) 0
BWFC 2 v Northants (16th) 1
BWFC 1 v AFC Wimbledon (15th) 1
BWFC 1 v Bristol R (10th) 1

It's going to be tense.

3 Re: Bolton 3-0 Peterborough - PROMOTED!!! on Mon Apr 24 2017, 12:52

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Although this game cannot secure Peterborough a playoff place though they will be out to spoil it for us I'm sure.

It's going to be a tough one this.

4 Re: Bolton 3-0 Peterborough - PROMOTED!!! on Mon Apr 24 2017, 14:58

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
We'll get dicked.

This game comes down to bottle. Not sure we have much of that.

0-2.

5 Re: Bolton 3-0 Peterborough - PROMOTED!!! on Mon Apr 24 2017, 16:00

Norpig

Jussi Jääskeläinen
Jussi Jääskeläinen
Its official,Nat is the worst Bolton fan in living memory, sod off to Chorley you shit fan

6 Re: Bolton 3-0 Peterborough - PROMOTED!!! on Mon Apr 24 2017, 16:08

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Norpig wrote:Its official,Nat is the worst Bolton fan in living memory, sod off to Chorley you shit fan

Yes, because you always have to predict a 5-0 victory to be a true fan :facepalm:

Chorley may get in the play-offs at the weekend, I doubt they'll bottle it like the whites.

7 Re: Bolton 3-0 Peterborough - PROMOTED!!! on Mon Apr 24 2017, 16:41

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Natasha Whittam wrote:
Norpig wrote:Its official,Nat is the worst Bolton fan in living memory, sod off to Chorley you shit fan

Yes, because you always have to predict a 5-0 victory to be a true fan :facepalm:

Chorley may get in the play-offs at the weekend, I doubt they'll bottle it like the whites.
Chorley 0  Halifax 5 is my prediction.

8 Re: Bolton 3-0 Peterborough - PROMOTED!!! on Mon Apr 24 2017, 20:27

gloswhite

Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
I think Posh will do enough to avoid any complaints of them not trying, and they will want to look ok in front of the cameras, but I doubt their hearts will be in it, at least not as much as the Whites will (should) be.

9 Re: Bolton 3-0 Peterborough - PROMOTED!!! on Mon Apr 24 2017, 22:58

observer

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
gloswhite wrote:I think Posh will do enough to avoid any complaints of them not trying, and they will want to look ok in front of the cameras, but I doubt their hearts will be in it, at least not as much as the Whites will (should) be.
Well stated Glos.  They won't want to get hurt either in their last game.  I think both squads would be happy with a goalless draw... but I hope we go for it and win it outright.

10 Re: Bolton 3-0 Peterborough - PROMOTED!!! on Mon Apr 24 2017, 23:06

MartinBWFC

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Give their players a few whacks ( legally of course ) and they'll be wary of injuries, that should scare them to hold back.

11 Re: Bolton 3-0 Peterborough - PROMOTED!!! on Tue Apr 25 2017, 21:31

Bollotom2014

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Port Vale winning 0-1 so just one point behind Gillingham. Beat Fleetwood on Sunday and they avoid relegation. Their game should be a reet tustle and favour us.

Edit. And Gills lose.

Last edited by Bollotom2014 on Tue Apr 25 2017, 21:35; edited 1 time in total

12 Re: Bolton 3-0 Peterborough - PROMOTED!!! on Tue Apr 25 2017, 21:32

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
So that's what happened to Chris Eagles.

13 Re: Bolton 3-0 Peterborough - PROMOTED!!! on Tue Apr 25 2017, 21:40

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Bollotom2014 wrote:Port Vale winning 0-1 so just one point behind Gillingham. Beat Fleetwood on Sunday and they avoid relegation. Their game should be a reet tustle and favour us.

Edit. And Gills lose.

They could also go above Bury.

14 Re: Bolton 3-0 Peterborough - PROMOTED!!! on Wed Apr 26 2017, 09:42

wessy

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Great result ensures maximum effort by Vale at Fleetwood. up to us to do our Job and put it to bed

15 Re: Bolton 3-0 Peterborough - PROMOTED!!! on Wed Apr 26 2017, 12:56

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Mods: Will this game be on Nuts despite being on SKY?

My armchair will be in Portofino on Sunday....

16 Re: Bolton 3-0 Peterborough - PROMOTED!!! on Wed Apr 26 2017, 13:07

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Just been on BWFC to book a couple of tickets for a mate,and there aren't many decent spots left.

17 Re: Bolton 3-0 Peterborough - PROMOTED!!! on Wed Apr 26 2017, 13:20

Norpig

Jussi Jääskeläinen
Jussi Jääskeläinen
South stand is open to home fans again so should be a good crowd, bloody part timers

18 Re: Bolton 3-0 Peterborough - PROMOTED!!! on Wed Apr 26 2017, 13:30

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
wanderlust wrote:Mods: Will this game be on Nuts despite being on SKY?

Radio Nuts will be available Wander.

19 Re: Bolton 3-0 Peterborough - PROMOTED!!! on Wed Apr 26 2017, 14:19

gloswhite

Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
karlypants wrote:

Thats good as I've cocked up the dates as well, and will be driving from Germany to France when the game is on.
Having said that, what is the best way to hear the game, (through Nuts ?) whilst I'm driving, if I can that is ? (from Augsberg to Wissembourg)
An early reply would be good, as my train is leaving at 0330 tonight (Thursday morning)  Very Happy

20 Re: Bolton 3-0 Peterborough - PROMOTED!!! on Wed Apr 26 2017, 14:56

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
karlypants wrote:

Cheers KP.

21 Re: Bolton 3-0 Peterborough - PROMOTED!!! on Wed Apr 26 2017, 14:57

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I can't believe anyone wants to miss this game - surely you can trust your armchair on its own for a day?

22 Re: Bolton 3-0 Peterborough - PROMOTED!!! on Wed Apr 26 2017, 15:16

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Natasha Whittam wrote:I can't believe anyone wants to miss this game - surely you can trust your armchair on its own for a day?
Weirdly, I don't actually want to miss the game so it's a toss up between the Macron and the Italian Riviera, however not attending the Italian Riviera would mean a large fine i.e. whatever divorce costs these days.

23 Re: Bolton 3-0 Peterborough - PROMOTED!!! on Wed Apr 26 2017, 15:43

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
wanderlust wrote:
Weirdly, I don't actually want to miss the game so it's a toss up between the Macron and the Italian Riviera, however not attending the Italian Riviera would mean a large fine i.e. whatever divorce costs these days.

I'm presuming your holiday was pre-booked, it's poor form to book it on the final weekend of the season. The Italian Riviera will still be there the following weekend.

24 Re: Bolton 3-0 Peterborough - PROMOTED!!! on Wed Apr 26 2017, 17:12

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

I'm presuming your holiday was pre-booked, it's poor form to book it on the final weekend of the season. The Italian Riviera will still be there the following weekend.
You're working on the assumption that I booked it. I didn't. The missus did and "surprised me" with a "romantic break".

How delighted was I?

That said the armchair is looking forward to making the acquaintance of a little leather art nouveau recliner in reception so I'm outnumbered.

25 Re: Bolton 3-0 Peterborough - PROMOTED!!! on Thu Apr 27 2017, 07:25

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Ref watch: Scott Duncan to officiate Peterborough United season finale

Scott Duncan will oversee Wanderers' decisive Sky Bet League One clash with Peterborough United at Macron Stadium on Sunday.

The Northumberland-based official will be running the rule over his sixth Whites match in total, having last taken charge of Bolton's televised 4-0 home victory over Gillingham back in December.

The man in the middle for 36 Football League fixtures so far this campaign, Mr Duncan has dished out 110 yellow cards and eight red cards.

Adam Crysell and Philip Dermott will run the line, while Graham Salisbury is the fourth official.

Source

26 Re: Bolton 3-0 Peterborough - PROMOTED!!! on Fri Apr 28 2017, 14:10

Sluffy

Admin
Tweet from Iles just now -

Pratley back in training after a hamstring injury for #bwfc - and Spearing and Madine fit to play.

27 Re: Bolton 3-0 Peterborough - PROMOTED!!! on Fri Apr 28 2017, 19:50

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Preview: Five talking points ahead of Bolton Wanderers v Peterborough United

1. Automatic promotion decider

With just one game of the campaign remaining, Wanderers' hopes of securing an immediate and automatic return to English football's second tier rests on Sunday's clash with Grant McCann's side.

Currently two points ahead of third-place Fleetwood Town and boasting a superior goal difference to the Highbury outfit, Bolton are firmly in the driving seat.

And with Uwe Rosler's men hosting Port Vale in their final outing - a team who could possibly stave off relegation with victory against Town - there is still all to play for this weekend at both ends of the table.

2. Big crowd expected

As of Friday afternoon, over 20,000 tickets had been snapped up for the Whites' season finale against their counterparts from the ABAX Stadium.

The highest attendance seen this season at Macron Stadium meanwhile was for the visit of Chesterfield earlier this month, with over 23,000 packed into BL6.

With the stakes high however this weekend, the hope is that that turnout will be surpassed with the Trotters looking to book their place back in the Sky Bet Championship.

3. Sky Sports are in town

The Sky Sports cameras will be present for Sunday's lunchtime kick-off, with Wanderers set to feature on the channel for the fifth time this season.

On those previous occasions, they have won three against Bury, Gillingham and Oxford whilst losing just once to this weekend's visitors.

With the world watching on however, Phil Parkinson's men will be aiming to finish on a high this term having come agonisingly close to confirming promotion last time out against Port Vale.

4. Get here early

With a bumper crowd expected at BL6 this weekend, fans are advised to arrive in plenty of time ahead of the game.

Bolton Central will be open from 9am for fans wishing to buy tickets for the fixture on the day, but supporters are advised to pre-buy in advance by printing online HERE.

The club's retail outlet has also currently got numerous items on sale, including home and away shirts for just £9.99. To buy ahead of the game, please CLICK HERE.

5. Who will scoop the Golden Boot?

There looks set to be a fight for the club's Golden Boot award this Sunday with both Gary Madine and Josh Vela both boasting ten goals for the season apiece.

David Wheater is also coming up on the inside with eight efforts, but the race looks set to be a two-horse one.

And with Madine scoring his first goal since March 4 last Saturday, the big man will be aiming to continue his form in front of goal and finish the season with a flourish.

Source

28 Re: Bolton 3-0 Peterborough - PROMOTED!!! on Fri Apr 28 2017, 19:51

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Press Conference:

29 Re: Bolton 3-0 Peterborough - PROMOTED!!! on Sun Apr 30 2017, 11:24

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Team Sheet:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

30 Re: Bolton 3-0 Peterborough - PROMOTED!!! on Sun Apr 30 2017, 11:45

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Radio Nuts is now live via the Portal or the following link here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum