Bolton Wanderers Fans Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Is Manda the new Libdem candidate for Yeovil?

Is Manda the new Libdem candidate for Yeovil?

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Daisy Benson has withdrawn her candidature as she is in the process of buying a house and "doesn't feel she could devote all her time to campaigning" in Paddy Ashdown's former seat. Obviously doesn't want it enough.

Meanwhile our very own Manda R has indicated that she has been selected - or is hoping to be selected to stand in the general erection in a constituency that isn't in Bath but nearby.

The exact location remains top secret - which won't really help the voters IMO - however you could count the number of train stops between Bath and Yeovil on six fingers.

Deny it Manda.

Article here.

okocha

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Is that a deliberate mis-spelling or a Freudian slip in the second paragraph, Wander?!

Bread2.0

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Yeah, I spotted that too.

He's missed the "r" out of Barth.

gloswhite

Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
If you have been selected Amanda, turn it down.

I drove through Yeovil the other day, and its a dump, and the roads are so bad it took me 40 minutes to get through. I used to know Yeovil well, having lived in Taunton for 7 years, but I was shocked at how rundown its become.
it'll be a BIG challenge if you take it on, but good luck to you if you do.

Chairmanda

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Thanks for the interest shown. I'm being revealed as a candidate tomorrow (tho have soft launched on social media already) so you will know which constituency then unless you choose to trawl FB and Twitter to see the holding pages! Excited.

gloswhite

Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
Good for you Amanda. I genuinely hope it all works out for you.

Sluffy

Admin
Chairmanda wrote:Thanks for the interest shown. I'm being revealed as a candidate tomorrow (tho have soft launched on social media already) so you will know which constituency then unless you choose to trawl FB and Twitter to see the holding pages! Excited.

Very best of luck Manda.

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Good luck Manda.  :good:

Chairmanda

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Thanks for the good luck wishes. I know I haven't been as active on here recently as I was, will still have a read, but will possibly not post so much over next few weeks, after Sunday (or playoffs...no no, don't think that way). I think I've said before, although I disagree with the views of some on here, I reckon the standard of debate is really high, and I totally enjoy listening to opposing viewpoints well argued. Press release about to go, it's kinda out there anyway, I am standing in North East Somerset, a donut constituency surrounding Bath, current incumbent the Hon Jacob Rees Mogg. I passionately want to win, and at the end of the campaign, will want to be certain I and the team I have assembled gave it our best shot.

Bread2.0

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Good luck, Manda.

Whatever the outcome in June, I'm sure that you'll be able to look back on your campaign travails and know that you did your absolute best and that your campaign was conducted without having to adopt any of the tawdry practices we so often see from modern politicians nowadays.

Few of us on here really "know" you but you certainly come across as a thoroughly decent sort and it would be nice if, come June, the moral compass in the Palace of Westminster had been re-calibrated ever so slightly as a result of your inclusion within its gilded chambers.

Genuinely, all the best.

okocha

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Tough competition there, Manda, but I know you won't indulge in any of the vile, personal attacks that Boris dredged up against JC yesterday. I know Jacob won't sink to Boris' level either so it should be a civilised contest, where policies, not personalities, are the issue. 

Does Boris actually deserve to be in such an important job where diplomacy matters? I'll never forget the interview with Eddie Mair in which he was exposed to the nation as  (worse than) a liability.

wessy

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Very best of luck in your campaign

Norpig

John McGinlay
John McGinlay
Rees-Mogg is the worst kind of Tory MP, i can't stand him. I hope you smash him Manda

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Norpig wrote:Rees-Mogg is the worst kind of Tory MP, i can't stand him. I hope you smash him Manda
I've always had the belief that he emerged from the womb looking like this. He'll always look like this.

Norpig

John McGinlay
John McGinlay
he's a typical rich over privileged Public School educated snob who looks down on the working man

Bread2.0

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Hey, Jacob! Why the long face...?

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bread2.0

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Uncanny.

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
GOOD LUCK Manda, I'm really pleased for you.

It should be a fascinating experience.  ( like being in the play-offs)

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Norpig wrote:he's a typical rich over privileged Public School educated snob who looks down on the working man

You've met him then?

Norpig

John McGinlay
John McGinlay
i don't have to have met him to spot all i've said about him, just look at the smug twat.

Chairmanda

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Boncey, whilst I enjoyed looking at your collage of cartoon characters and current politicians, don't even think it!

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Chairmanda wrote:Boncey, whilst I enjoyed looking at your collage of cartoon characters and current politicians, don't even think it!
I wouldn't dare. Very Happy

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Norpig wrote:i don't have to have met him to spot all i've said about him, just look at the smug twat.

So you're judging him on the way he looks?

Poor form is that.

If you've seen him on Have I Got New For You he's actually a sound guy who can laugh at himself.

You should apologise.

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bread2.0

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
...and he still wasn't the most odious twat on that panel.

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Latest odds for NE Somerset (Paddy Power)
Jacob Rees-Mogg 1/200
Chairmanda 25/1
Labour 33/1
UKIP  100/1
Greens  150/1

Pretty good seeing as the Libdems came 4th last time, but it's going to take a spectacular shift to unseat the Eton boy.

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
What happened to Mr Amos, is he no longer running as a Lib Dem in Rumworth?

finlaymcdanger

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Chairmanda wrote:Thanks for the good luck wishes. I know I haven't been as active on here recently as I was, will still have a read, but will possibly not post so much over next few weeks, after Sunday (or playoffs...no no, don't think that way). I think I've said before, although I disagree with the views of some on here, I reckon the standard of debate is really high, and I totally enjoy listening to opposing viewpoints well argued. Press release about to go, it's kinda out there anyway, I am standing in North East Somerset, a donut constituency surrounding Bath, current incumbent the Hon Jacob Rees Mogg. I passionately want to win, and at the end of the campaign, will want to be certain I and the team I have assembled gave it our best shot.

Fantastic. Good for you, Manda and the very best of luck from me. Brilliant!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum