Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who stays and who goes?

+7
wessy
Sluffy
rammywhite
Bread2.0
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Who stays and who goes? Empty Who stays and who goes? Tue May 02 2017, 13:33

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

we have 17 players out of contract this summer, and only 10 players still under contract so who do we need to definitely keep and who should be shown the door?

I would say top of the list to keep must be Wheater and Spearing, they are the backbone of the team and must be retained. I would also sign up ALF, Andy Taylor, Morais and Madine (can't believe i just typed that last one) as well.

One player i am undecided about is Dervite, Doreen was hopeless last season and i thought i would never see him in a white shirt again but he came back into the team as part of a back 3 and in general has been decent. Same goes for Clayton as he hasn't lived up to expectations

Players to go are probably obvious
Moxey - poxy, enough said
Mavies - injury prone
Trotter - just shite, can't even be bothered to explain it
Buxton - another sicknote
Wilson - i was torn on this one as he was good in league 1 but i'm not sure he can cut it in the Championship
Wabara - not seen that much of him but can't see him being kept on
Thorpe - on loan but out of contract but hasn't done enough to warrant a contract with us

Who would you keep or bin off?

2Who stays and who goes? Empty Re: Who stays and who goes? Tue May 02 2017, 14:01

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I agree with the 7 players you want to bin - if the club offer any sort of contract to Mavies I will be off to Chorley full time.

Top of the list to be kept on are Taylor and Wheater, we need to keep the majority of our defence intact. I'd bin Dervite though, we can do better than him.

As I've said on another thread, I think we can do better than Madine and ALF, but I guess that depends on finances.

Spearing I'm torn to be honest. He's ok, but his passing is terrible, if he wants big money he should be shown the door.

I don't know if Pratley is out of contract or not, but I'd get rid if we can.

3Who stays and who goes? Empty Re: Who stays and who goes? Tue May 02 2017, 14:47

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Beevers and Wheater make a good enough partnership for the Championship I reckon - and they've earned a contract. Dervite has been fine in a back 3 if Parky sticks with the system.
Haven't seen anything of Ben Amos since he went out on loan but I'm not overjoyed by our current crop of goalies. Norwich have just released Ruddy though and he ain't bad if we have the dosh.

Main concern is that we 'll need a big improvement in attack and creativity from midfield so there's a case for letting everyone else go if we can find affordable quality. But everything will come down to finances.

4Who stays and who goes? Empty Re: Who stays and who goes? Tue May 02 2017, 15:25

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

There's no way KA came into this without a plan which included an exit strategy.

And that will hopefully involve some serious cash coming into the club, one way or another.

The only real question is does he stick or twist?

ie, Get shut now while we're in the spotlight and he can say "Look! Successful club!" or does he hold out for a bit, in the hope that he can wring even more out of the deal if (and it's a big if) it looks like we're making a fist of it in the Champo.

Either way, we need some new blood.

Because we just about scraped over the line in a very, very poor division.

5Who stays and who goes? Empty Re: Who stays and who goes? Tue May 02 2017, 15:50

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think Dazzler has another year? Same with Amos as well (it might even be 2 more years), we could do with just releasing him as he's apparently on big money.

6Who stays and who goes? Empty Re: Who stays and who goes? Tue May 02 2017, 15:55

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:we have 17 players out of contract this summer, and only 10 players still under contract so who do we need to definitely keep and who should be shown the door?

I would say top of the list to keep must be Wheater and Spearing, they are the backbone of the team and must be retained. I would also sign up ALF, Andy Taylor, Morais and Madine (can't believe i just typed that last one) as well.

One player i am undecided about is Dervite, Doreen was hopeless last season and i thought i would never see him in a white shirt again but he came back into the team as part of a back 3 and in general has been decent. Same goes for Clayton as he hasn't lived up to expectations

Mavies - injury prone
Wilson - i was torn on this one as he was good in league 1 but i'm not sure he can cut it in the Championship
Thorpe - on loan but out of contract but hasn't done enough to warrant a contract with us

I agree with all of this Mr. Pig- apart from Wilson who I think we should keep as we'll need cover in defence and he could provide that 

7Who stays and who goes? Empty Re: Who stays and who goes? Tue May 02 2017, 15:59

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

can't argue with that Rammy, i was unsure myself as he was decent this season till he got injured, he would be a good back up but we do need a new right back (if we go back to back 4 that is)

8Who stays and who goes? Empty Re: Who stays and who goes? Tue May 02 2017, 16:12

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Noticed Kyle Lafferty has been released by Norwich as well, he would be a good free transfer i reckon

9Who stays and who goes? Empty Re: Who stays and who goes? Tue May 02 2017, 16:13

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:Noticed Kyle Lafferty has been released by Norwich as well, he would be a good free transfer i reckon

Agreed- he was impressive in his pomp

10Who stays and who goes? Empty Re: Who stays and who goes? Tue May 02 2017, 16:22

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

rammywhite wrote:
Norpig wrote:Noticed Kyle Lafferty has been released by Norwich as well, he would be a good free transfer i reckon

Agreed- he was impressive in his pomp

I would imagine Lafferty and Ruddy have be let go by Norwich to lower their wage bill after failing to bounce back to the Premier League at the first attempt.

If that is the case we won't be signing them whilst in the financial position we are currently in.

11Who stays and who goes? Empty Re: Who stays and who goes? Tue May 02 2017, 16:25

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

its nice to dream though isn't it Sluffy?  Very Happy

Lafferty could play the lone role/target man easily and is much better in front of goal than Madine

12Who stays and who goes? Empty Re: Who stays and who goes? Tue May 02 2017, 16:35

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:its nice to dream though isn't it Sluffy?  Very Happy

Lafferty could play the lone role/target man easily and is much better in front of goal than Madine

Of course it is nice to dream but it is the hope that kills you, as they say.

I do hope though that Parkinson has more about him than just having one way of playing next season because the last manager we had that persisted with just one way of playing was Owen Coyle - and look how that turned out!

13Who stays and who goes? Empty Re: Who stays and who goes? Tue May 02 2017, 16:36

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:

Norpig, stop talking bollocks. Lafferty has never scored goals in English football, he's only scored twice for Norwich in over 2 years. I reckon you'd score at least twice.

He makes Madine look like Ronaldo.

14Who stays and who goes? Empty Re: Who stays and who goes? Tue May 02 2017, 16:39

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Anyway, as I've said elsewhere, we should be signing John Akinde from Barnet. We need people hungry to play at a higher level, not useless stumps looking for one last payday.

15Who stays and who goes? Empty Re: Who stays and who goes? Tue May 02 2017, 19:06

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I think you covered the ones we all think should go, Clayton maybe one last shout, I wouldn't be bothered if Osede went hes still under contract but falls well short of championship quality for me .

16Who stays and who goes? Empty Re: Who stays and who goes? Tue May 02 2017, 19:35

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:Anyway, as I've said elsewhere, we should be signing John Akinde from Barnet. We need people hungry to play at a higher level, not useless stumps looking for one last payday.
Agree with this he'd be cheap and if he can't cut it then nothing really lost that we couldn't get back.

17Who stays and who goes? Empty Re: Who stays and who goes? Tue May 02 2017, 19:51

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Anyway, as I've said elsewhere, we should be signing John Akinde from Barnet. We need people hungry to play at a higher level, not useless stumps looking for one last payday.
He had a great season this year but he has played in the Championship when he was younger for Bristol City where he scored 1 in 16 before being sent out on loan - where he struggled in League 1. Maybe he's got a bit more confidence after last season, but whether that's enough to turn him into a force in the Championship is questionable. Still we need to spread the net very wide.

18Who stays and who goes? Empty Re: Who stays and who goes? Tue May 02 2017, 20:01

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Norpig wrote:we have 17 players out of contract this summer, and only 10 players still under contract so who do we need to definitely keep and who should be shown the door?

Mavies - injury prone

Sounds about right. However all have to be replaced with better players....not so easy to do when skint.
The on-going Mavies saga .... drastic cut in pay and a pay for play deal....otherwise tata I would think.

19Who stays and who goes? Empty Re: Who stays and who goes? Tue May 02 2017, 20:03

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He was a kid when he was at Bristol City, but he's dropped down to League 2 where he's scored 80 goals in 130 games, and in a very average team.

Obviously it's a risk, but any player we sign will be a risk. But I'd rather take a risk on someone who has spent the last three seasons banging the goals in.

20Who stays and who goes? Empty Re: Who stays and who goes? Tue May 02 2017, 20:05

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

There's not a club in the Country that would offer Mark Davies a contract on the type of money he was on here, he'd be a fool to think otherwise, he's no Wheater though and fully expect him to whore himself about.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum