Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chelsea

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Chelsea Empty Chelsea Sat 6 May - 16:13

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Never been keen on the club but have to admit they've played some phenomenal footie this season and fully deserve to win the Prem. And they will win after Spurs lost to Wet Spam - they need a maximum of 6 points from 4 games to be certain and they are averaging nearly 2.4 ppg so far. 
What has amazed me is that the best team in the country contains two former Wanderers who were sold for a combined fee of not much more than £10 million. I know Nat slagged them both off when they were with us but it was always clear they had plenty of talent and now they really look the part, especially Alonso who seems to have finally found a system that allows him to do what he does best i.e. get forward - a lot. 
Congrats Chelsea - you deserve it.

2Chelsea Empty Re: Chelsea Sat 6 May - 17:05

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Alonso turned like a tank, so playing in a regular back four he got exposed time and time again.

3Chelsea Empty Re: Chelsea Sat 6 May - 17:16

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:Alonso turned like a tank, so playing in a regular back four he got exposed time and time again.

The turning circle of your average tank is actually as tight as you can possibly get, so they pretty much turn on the spot.

This is because tracked vehicles turn by running their independent drives in opposing directions simultaneously (right side forwards, left side backwards or vice versa).

So I think you probably meant "tanker", as in oil tanker.

Because they can't turn for shit.

4Chelsea Empty Re: Chelsea Sat 6 May - 17:45

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A tank turns slowly, haven't you watched Fury?

5Chelsea Empty Re: Chelsea Sat 6 May - 18:37

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Yeah, that's the one where Brad Pitt's got a magic Thompson that never runs out of bullets.

So I'm doubting its technical accuracy.

6Chelsea Empty Re: Chelsea Sat 6 May - 18:38

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bread2.0 wrote:Yeah, that's the one where Brad Pitt's got a magic Thompson that never runs out of bullets.

So I'm doubting its technical accuracy.

I never doubt films. Why would they lie?

7Chelsea Empty Re: Chelsea Sun 7 May - 10:49

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Alonso turned like a tank, so playing in a regular back four he got exposed time and time again.

Which is why playing in a team that gives him licence to play as an attacking wing back works in his favour and has been very successful. He scored 5 goals in three seasons with us and he's scored that many already with Chelsea this year. Goes to show that Dougie was determined to play him out of position regardless of his competences - or not give him a game. No surprise he wouldn't sign a new contract with us.

Alonso in a 343 system.....

8Chelsea Empty Re: Chelsea Sat 13 May - 10:49

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well they've done it now, quietly and efficiently on a Friday night as expected. Best team in the Prem by a street this year and for most of the time, a pleasure to watch. Especially the two Wanderers who looked completely at home in such a stellar line up.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum