Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

UPDATED - OFFICIAL STATEMENT - Bolton hit by two new winding-up petitions from HMRC

+6
Bread2.0
luckyPeterpiper
Natasha Whittam
Sluffy
karlypants
Norpig
10 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

WANDERERS were hit with two winding up petitions from HMRC just days after sealing promotion to the Championship.

HM Courts and Tribunals Office records two claims against Bolton Wanderers Football and Athletic Company and Burnden Leisure Limited dated May 2.

A court date for the HMRC cases is not yet known - but Sports Shield BWFC, the company set up during the takeover of the club last March - are defending a winding up petition from finance company BluMarble on May 22.

It is just 14 months since the last of the club’s High Court appearances, which came about as a result of £2.2m worth of unpaid tax and VAT.

Another winding up petition which had been issued to the Bolton Whites Hotel Limited on behalf of Special Catering Company Limited is also still active. A third party, known only as “Official Receiver” has also been listed as a claimant.

Wanderers have declined to comment after being contacted by The Bolton News.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We already know about the recent Blue Marble issue but I thought the catering issue had been sorted a while back?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

karlypants wrote:We already know about the recent Blue Marble issue but I thought the catering issue had been sorted a while back?

I'm guessing for the catering that Heathcote have not paid a supplier, who has gone under (hence reference to the 'official receiver') who is chasing them up for payment, who in turn are chasing Anderson who I guess is behind on payments.

The BluMarble one is strictly speaking after Holdsworth.

Again I'm guessing but the only thing of value he has is the shares in the club.

There was/is some dispute between Anderson and Holdsworth what the share between the two is - which obviously complicate things.

Maybe the outcome will be BluMarble and Anderson becoming the new majority share holders.

Until this is sorted out I can understand why Anderson doesn't want to fund the club singlehandedly - he only owns half the club and Holdsworth/BluMarble haven't put any of their money in.

Well they have but Holdsworth only borrowed it and put the risk of non payment directly on to the club - and BluMarble whose money it was aren't in the business of owning football clubs - they are in the business of money lending.

BluMarble v Sports Shield BWFC are up first and that will unlock what happens next about paying the taxman and Heathcote.

No need to panic just yet.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If Chorley get promoted on Saturday they're going to need a bigger ground.

I propose CFC buy the Macron and Bolton relocate to Victory Park. Bolton's financial problems are solved and CFC get the size of ground they're going to need when all the Bolton/Blackburn/Wigan fans jump ship and rock up at Chorley.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Oh lord Nat not this again. Rolling Eyes

On a more serious note though I find the fact we're still facing winding up petitions, especially from HMRC to be disturbing to say the least. I realise Ken is unwilling to fund everything himself and I even sympathise given the fact he's only a half owner of the club but even so the taxman is the one creditor we cannot leave hanging. They've already stayed their hands on at least two previous occasions, sooner or later the judge is going to lose patience with BWFC and grant one of these things. The BluMarble business doesn't help our cause any either.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:Oh lord Nat not this again. Rolling Eyes

You bloody live in Chorley, support your home town team or change your name to LuckyPeterPlastic.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:Oh lord Nat not this again. Rolling Eyes

You bloody live in Chorley, support your home town team or change your name to LuckyPeterPlastic.
Nah, I'm old fashioned so it would have to be luckyPeterRubber darlin' Wink

Or maybe luckyPeterBakelite? Very Happy

Last edited by luckyPeterpiper on Wed May 10 2017, 22:51; edited 1 time in total

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Thanks Dean.

Again.....

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can envisage KA telling HMRC that they'll get their money when he flogs the last 20,000 replica shirts from last season.
Looks like a watershed for our finances and I think we all want to finally draw a line under our debt, even if it means our budget for next season is slashed. Whilst this is hanging over us there will always be doubts about our progress so KA needs to get busy and put it to rest once and for all.
Last year, he bought us time with the powers that be. This year he needs to honour the commitments he made to keep us afloat and give us a fresh start with no more baggage.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

In relation to the reports regarding HMRC's intention to serve winding up petitions on Bolton Wanderers Football Club and Burnden Leisure, the Club wishes to make the following points:

It is important to note that the Club and Burnden Leisure have not been issued with any petitions at this moment.

Bolton Wanderers Football Club is working diligently to resolve this situation.

The Burnden Leisure matter is being addressed today (Thursday 11 May).

In one of the media reports it has been suggested that the issue with SCC is still outstanding; however, this matter was settled several months ago.

Bolton Wanderers Football Club will not be making any further comment on these matters.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Looks as though Iles (and Manning with his LoV site who seemed to break the story first) jumped the gun on this.

I bet Anderson must be very pleased with them both!

EDIT - seems that the bloke who writes for the LoV and is linked very closely with the ST got to find out about this first.

LoV, Iles and ST have all acted upon it.

Club officially saying they have jumped the gun.

I'm guessing Anderson and HMRC have had talks with each other and HMRC are prepared to issue the winding up orders if the deal with BluMarble which appears to be going on today, isn't resolved satisfactorily.

If so the breaking of such news will have cut the legs off Anderson's negotiating position - and potentially could cost him a fortune more than he had hoped for.

I'm sure Anderson must be absolutely delighted with Iles, LoV and the ST.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

What we do know is that the embargo is still in place and that needs to be addressed immediately.  These other winding up stories may or may not be true. Take everything you read or see on the tele with a pinch of salt.

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Sluffy wrote:Looks as though Iles (and Manning with his LoV site who seemed to break the story first) jumped the gun on this.

EDIT - seems that the bloke who writes for the LoV and is linked very closely with the ST got to find out about this first.

I'm guessing Anderson and HMRC have had talks with each other and HMRC are prepared to issue the winding up orders if the deal with BluMarble which appears to be going on today, isn't resolved satisfactorily.

If so the breaking of such news will have cut the legs off Anderson's negotiating position - and potentially could cost him a fortune more than he had hoped for.

There's not a single story on LOV about this, so you're wrong there old chum. Given that we are just coming off the back of a great season I'd rather concentrate on football than boring stuff like finance. You go for your life, though.

As for your belief that Ken has things in hand, if that was true then I'm sure he's not arsed about what a few websites write (including yours, much to your disappointment).

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Kane57 wrote:
Sluffy wrote:Looks as though Iles (and Manning with his LoV site who seemed to break the story first) jumped the gun on this.

There's not a single story on LOV about this, so you're wrong there old chum. Given that we are just coming off the back of a great season I'd rather concentrate on football than boring stuff like finance. You go for your life, though.

As for your belief that Ken has things in hand, if that was true then I'm sure he's not arsed about what a few websites write (including yours, much to your disappointment).

To be pedantic I never actually said there was mucker.

I did spot however that you yourself and White Smurf both tweed comment about this before Iles broke the story in the paper - and that the LoV twitter site RT'ed Iles story as soon as you could - nearly 6,000 followers too - quite impressive!

Fair play for you to be in front of the curve yet again.

As for Ken, I doubt he even knows Nuts exist - I notice people on ww and tw asking in the final games of the season if they knew of any match streams or commentary - so it is quite clear that even regular forum users on other sites still don't know about our existence (nor Radio Nuts) after all these years, so I'm certainly not too gutted that Mr Anderson probably does not pop on to Nuts daily to see what we are up to.

I know he knows about you and your site though.

You have over the years earned yourself a reputation, I'm sure you are pleased with it too.

I on the other hand am simply happy to bumble about and keep myself to myself as best I can and just share my opinions and views to anyone on here who may want to read them.

I am really quite flattered though that despite everything you still come back every so often to peruse them!

Thank you, I really do appreciate it.

Come again soon.

Very Happy

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Kane57 has met his match in Sluffy,who always makes me think of 'The Library Cop'.  Very Happy 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum