Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Are Football Fans Stupid?

+3
NickFazer
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
7 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Are Football Fans Stupid? Empty Are Football Fans Stupid? Sun May 14 2017, 14:03

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've just watched one of the most embarrassing games I've ever seen.

Hull needed to win at Crystal Palace to have any chance of staying in the Premier League, but were thumped 4-0 without having a shot on target.

They seemed to be treating it like a friendly, there was absolutely no energy, no never-say-die attitude. Just resignation that they were going down from the first minute. Terrible.

I remember when we got relegated from the PL all those years ago at Chelsea. We lost 2-0 but we were really unlucky, hitting the woodwork twice and basically taking the game to the big boys of Chelsea.

Anyway, for some reason the Hull fans gave their team a standing ovation! Rather than throw fruit and coins at the useless twats, they chose to applaud their embarrassing players.

Why do fans do this? If Bolton are shit I tell them so at the final whistle. I would never clap a Bolton team that got drubbed 4-0 and made absolutely no effort to win the game. If I was a Hull fan the stewards would have been holding me back to stop me getting my hands round some player throats.

No doubt some bellend (wanderlust probably) will come back with the "loyalty" excuse, but my loyalty ends at paying to watch the team. If they perform like spineless tossers I'm not going to applaud them.

Do you clap the team off the pitch at the end, even if they've performed like tugboats?

2Are Football Fans Stupid? Empty Re: Are Football Fans Stupid? Sun May 14 2017, 14:54

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:I've just watched one of the most embarrassing games I've ever seen.

Hull needed to win at Crystal Palace to have any chance of staying in the Premier League, but were thumped 4-0 without having a shot on target.

They seemed to be treating it like a friendly, there was absolutely no energy, no never-say-die attitude. Just resignation that they were going down from the first minute. Terrible.

I remember when we got relegated from the PL all those years ago at Chelsea. We lost 2-0 but we were really unlucky, hitting the woodwork twice and basically taking the game to the big boys of Chelsea.

Anyway, for some reason the Hull fans gave their team a standing ovation! Rather than throw fruit and coins at the useless twats, they chose to applaud their embarrassing players.

Why do fans do this? If Bolton are shit I tell them so at the final whistle. I would never clap a Bolton team that got drubbed 4-0 and made absolutely no effort to win the game. If I was a Hull fan the stewards would have been holding me back to stop me getting my hands round some player throats.

No doubt some bellend (wanderlust probably) will come back with the "loyalty" excuse, but my loyalty ends at paying to watch the team. If they perform like spineless tossers I'm not going to applaud them.

Do you clap the team off the pitch at the end, even if they've performed like tugboats
I'd be inclined to say they were being loyal to their club. Pointless exercise really as you clearly have no idea what the concept "loyalty" means. I presume you aren't married?

3Are Football Fans Stupid? Empty Re: Are Football Fans Stupid? Sun May 14 2017, 15:00

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:I'd be inclined to say they were being loyal to their club. Pointless exercise really as you clearly have no idea what the concept "loyalty" means. I presume you aren't married?

Of course I'm not married! But what has that got to do with anything, just because you are married doesn't mean you will stay loyal. Half the people on here seem to be on marriage number two or three.

Predictable response though coming from you, lecturing me on loyalty when you haven't been to a game all season.

4Are Football Fans Stupid? Empty Re: Are Football Fans Stupid? Sun May 14 2017, 16:01

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

You can't be "unlucky" and lose by four goals so it sounds like they got a mullering, although I probably wouldn't be shouting abuse at them or booing like a six year old I wouldn't be clapping them either. Hull fans were expecting to be relegated by February in any case but having given themselves a great chance of staying up, losing at home to Sunderland has knocked the stuffing out of them especially as Swansea beat them without breaking sweat yesterday.

5Are Football Fans Stupid? Empty Re: Are Football Fans Stupid? Sun May 14 2017, 16:32

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:

I didn't realise that Chorley had ever played Chelsea, Nat......Are you sure you've now abandoned BW in order to pledge your loyalty to the minnows, as you claim?

By the way, I see that a young lad from a school in Chorley is making his Lancashire debut today in the Cricket One-Day Cup. Hurrah for the Chorley talent production line.....

6Are Football Fans Stupid? Empty Re: Are Football Fans Stupid? Sun May 14 2017, 16:40

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Best thing to come out of Chorley,is the Chorley Cake.

I like mine smothered in butter.

7Are Football Fans Stupid? Empty Re: Are Football Fans Stupid? Sun May 14 2017, 17:27

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I certainly would not applaud a spineless effort, especially not one in such a vital game.

In fact I find myself in complete agreement with Nat here, we pay to watch this stuff and if the players take the mickey by not even trying then we owe them nothing in return. They owe us, after all it's our money that gives them the lifestyle most of us couldn't begin to dream of.

I'm sure someone's going to pop up with how small a percentage of revenue gate receipts are in the Premier League but the truth is the rest of the revenue is utterly dependent on fans being there to begin with. No one sponsors a club or buys TV rights as a public service, they do it because there are people like you and me who pay to watch football either on the terraces or on TV via a Sky subscription etc. The revenue in is not a charitable donation, it's an investment made in expectation of profit resulting from it.

While I would never boo my own team during a match, I fully understand and sympathise when fans boo a dire performance after the game. If I'd been a Hull fan I certainly wouldn't have been standing and clapping the dross that was provided today. In fact I'd have been so angry I think I'd have most likely voted with my feet and left the ground either just before or bang on the final whistle.

8Are Football Fans Stupid? Empty Re: Are Football Fans Stupid? Mon May 15 2017, 10:45

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

TBH I think that the Hull fans were applauding because they knew they had perhaps just seen the last of their manager and some of their players, so the applause didn't relate to the poor performance they had just witnessed, but was more of a goodbye.

9Are Football Fans Stupid? Empty Re: Are Football Fans Stupid? Mon May 15 2017, 12:54

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:Best thing to come out of Chorley,is the Chorley Cake.

In that case, I hope 'Chorley Cake' isn't your pet name for Nat.

10Are Football Fans Stupid? Empty Re: Are Football Fans Stupid? Mon May 15 2017, 13:08

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

finlaymcdanger wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:Best thing to come out of Chorley,is the Chorley Cake.

In that case, I hope 'Chorley Cake' isn't your pet name for Nat.
Nat could never be described as a cake.

A tart,perhaps.

11Are Football Fans Stupid? Empty Re: Are Football Fans Stupid? Mon May 15 2017, 15:55

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:A tart,perhaps.

You massive big bellend.

12Are Football Fans Stupid? Empty Re: Are Football Fans Stupid? Mon May 15 2017, 16:05

Natasha Whittam wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:A tart,perhaps.

I love Your massive big bellend.
Smile

13Are Football Fans Stupid? Empty Re: Are Football Fans Stupid? Mon May 15 2017, 17:20

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You massive big gobshite.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum