Bolton Wanderers Fans Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Areas that dont fit their surroundings

Areas that dont fit their surroundings

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Areas that dont fit their surroundings on Tue May 30 2017, 19:38

Guest


Guest
I was down in islington today (03:30 set off Sad )

It may sound daft but the vibe and feeling around where i was is a lot differrnt from the other areas of london.

It seems a lot more laid back and less "hustle and bustle" which when you consider your only half a mile from the congestion zone then it definitely goes against the grain. Somebody even stopped and flashed there lights to let me out of a junction.  Unheard of in the capital.

Are there any other area, particularly in london that you think are different from there surroundings?

2 Re: Areas that dont fit their surroundings on Tue May 30 2017, 20:19

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
y2johnny wrote:I was down in islington today (03:30 set off Sad )

It may sound daft but the vibe and feeling around where i was is a lot differrnt from the other areas of london.

It seems a lot more laid back and less "hustle and bustle" which when you consider your only half a mile from the congestion zone then it definitely goes against the grain. Somebody even stopped and flashed there lights to let me out of a junction.  Unheard of in the capital.

Are there any other area, particularly in london that you think are different from there surroundings?

You massive bellend.

I live in Preston. I work in Manchester. How the fook would I know what the vibe is like in Leyton or Sydenham or Kensington.

3 Re: Areas that dont fit their surroundings on Tue May 30 2017, 21:03

Guest


Guest
Natasha Whittam wrote:
y2johnny wrote:I was down in islington today (03:30 set off Sad )

It may sound daft but the vibe and feeling around where i was is a lot differrnt from the other areas of london.

It seems a lot more laid back and less "hustle and bustle" which when you consider your only half a mile from the congestion zone then it definitely goes against the grain. Somebody even stopped and flashed there lights to let me out of a junction.  Unheard of in the capital.

Are there any other area, particularly in london that you think are different from there surroundings?

You massive bellend.

I live in Preston. I work in Manchester. How the fook would I know what the vibe is like in Leyton or Sydenham or Kensington.

Have you never visited anywhere ever?

You massive clit

4 Re: Areas that dont fit their surroundings on Tue May 30 2017, 21:07

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
y2johnny wrote:Have you never visited anywhere ever?

You massive clit

I've been to plenty of football grounds, but other than that I've been to London once. Met Dr Dre and Eminem for coffee. That's all I remember about the place.

I did go to Harrogate once as well, but the bloke stood me up.

5 Re: Areas that dont fit their surroundings on Tue May 30 2017, 21:15

Guest


Guest
Natasha Whittam wrote:
y2johnny wrote:Have you never visited anywhere ever?

You massive clit

I've been to plenty of football grounds, but other than that I've been to London once. Met Dr Dre and Eminem for coffee. That's all I remember about the place.

I did go to Harrogate once as well, but the bloke stood me up.

Well that's more a reflection on you than my post isnt it.

6 Re: Areas that dont fit their surroundings on Tue May 30 2017, 21:16

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
y2johnny wrote:Well that's more a reflection on you than my post isnt it.

I doubt anyone on here has been to London.

7 Re: Areas that dont fit their surroundings on Tue May 30 2017, 21:19

Guest


Guest
before i started up on my own I'd only been about 3 times and two of those were Wembley in 95.

In the last 18 months ive been about 12 times. Various different areas, but there genuinely is something about islington.

8 Re: Areas that dont fit their surroundings on Tue May 30 2017, 21:44

Bollotom2014

avatar
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Islington is a massive rat race and full of dossers and pretentious plonkers. The more genteel ones are visiting Camden Passage in order to furnish their Kensington abodes.
Nowt good along Essex Road, Upper Street has one or two pubs but down City Road towards Old Street and you're knackered with all the knuckle draggers floating on the scum.
Islington was the gaff who flew the Russian flag atop the town hall for many years. And it used to be in Middlesex so enough said.
Probably me who flashed you to exit the side street.
I live in Dalston, the posher part, but Hackney can be quite good at times.

9 Re: Areas that dont fit their surroundings on Tue May 30 2017, 21:52

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Bollotom2014 wrote:Islington is full of dossers and pretentious plonkers.

Now I understand why Johnny likes it.

10 Re: Areas that dont fit their surroundings on Tue May 30 2017, 22:03

gloswhite

avatar
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
I used to live in Leytonstone many year ago, went to Leyton County High school. Lived, literally, on the edge of Epping Forest. I think there's a a whole different feel about London compared to anywhere else in the country. Maybe its shaded by my teenage years there, which I enjoyed very much  Very Happy
Having said that, there were, and probably still are, many shitholes, that I wouldn't want to visit. oddly enough, in the 60's Hackney was considered one of these, by many

11 Re: Areas that dont fit their surroundings on Tue May 30 2017, 22:22

Guest


Guest
Bollotom2014 wrote:Islington is a massive rat race and full of dossers and pretentious plonkers. The more genteel ones are visiting Camden Passage in order to furnish their Kensington abodes.
Nowt good along Essex Road, Upper Street has one or two pubs but down City Road towards Old Street and you're knackered with all the knuckle draggers floating on the scum.
Islington was the gaff who flew the Russian flag atop the town hall for many years. And it used to be in Middlesex so enough said.
Probably me who flashed you to exit the side street.
I live in Dalston, the posher part, but Hackney can be quite good at times.
It was just off essex road where i was.  It was quite early in the morning so probably not a true reflection but even at 8am it seemed less "harsh" than the rest of London if you know what i mean.  And im sure i would of known if youd flashed me Smile

12 Re: Areas that dont fit their surroundings on Tue May 30 2017, 22:24

Guest


Guest
Natasha Whittam wrote:
Bollotom2014 wrote:Islington is full of dossers and pretentious plonkers.

Now I understand why Johnny likes it.
Hardly a dosser or pretentious.  Being a dosser and pretentious would be a tranny living in a bedsit who pretends to live in a penthouse and date footballers.  Not that i know anyone like that.  Just an example of course.

13 Re: Areas that dont fit their surroundings on Tue May 30 2017, 22:26

Guest


Guest
gloswhite wrote:I used to live in Leytonstone many year ago, went to Leyton County High school. Lived, literally, on the edge of Epping Forest. I think there's a a whole different feel about London compared to anywhere else in the country. Maybe its shaded by my teenage years there, which I enjoyed very much  Very Happy
Having said that, there were, and probably still are, many shitholes, that I wouldn't want to visit. oddly enough, in the 60's Hackney was considered one of these, by many
I was in South London a while ago and by south i mean about 10 minutes south of the centre......and it is a million miles away from what the centre is like.

14 Re: Areas that dont fit their surroundings on Tue May 30 2017, 22:57

gloswhite

avatar
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
I've maintained for some time that London is a brilliant city to visit, but no longer one to live in, although the 'up and coming' regions, not to mention the more famous areas, tend to vary on a regular basis, which helps to keep the city alive and vibrant.

15 Re: Areas that dont fit their surroundings on Tue May 30 2017, 23:21

Angry Dad

avatar
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
Crystal Palace i have a place there i love it great place to be a lot to see and do, its a must when the countryside and coast get too much.I Like Streatham and Brixton is a fun place. London is in my blood love it.

16 Re: Areas that dont fit their surroundings on Tue May 30 2017, 23:26

okocha

avatar
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Love to visit London for its fantastic cultural life, but would not want to live there...it's exhausting, but exciting!

We have several friends from our uni days living in the capital and we often join them for a weekend's sight-seeing or to go to concerts, the theatre, exhibitions, sporting events, the galleries and museums, which our children love too. So much to see and do.....there's nowhere like it.

17 Re: Areas that dont fit their surroundings on Wed May 31 2017, 08:39

Norpig

avatar
John McGinlay
John McGinlay
Islington sounds like Chorlton in Manchester, full of middle class trendies who love a bit of tofu and quinoa  Very Happy

18 Re: Areas that dont fit their surroundings on Wed May 31 2017, 09:27

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Everywhere changes economically so it's inevitable that some areas don't appear to fit their surroundings. Clapham and Balham for example were shitholes up until the '70s and are now desirable, very expensive and pronounced differently - like Saint Reatham. 
Conversely, Oldham's Estate for example is in a beautiful rural location with easy access to Scout Rd, Belmont and Rivington but so far not pulling in too many yuppies.

19 Re: Areas that dont fit their surroundings on Wed May 31 2017, 13:11

Norpig

avatar
John McGinlay
John McGinlay
I used to go up to Oldhams Estate when i was a kid and it was like the Wild West up there  Very Happy

Johnny Fold wasn't much better either

20 Re: Areas that dont fit their surroundings on Wed May 31 2017, 14:07

Guest


Guest
Norpig wrote:Islington sounds like Chorlton in Manchester, full of middle class trendies who love a bit of tofu and quinoa  Very Happy
Thats what it reminded me of Norpig tbh.

21 Re: Areas that dont fit their surroundings on Wed May 31 2017, 14:08

Guest


Guest
Norpig wrote:I used to go up to Oldhams Estate when i was a kid and it was like the Wild West up there  Very Happy

Johnny Fold wasn't much better either
We played footy against oldhams estate once as a pre season friendly.  4 of their players played in rockport and they kept swapping and changing (rolling subs) so they  could go off for a  cigarette

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum