Total Votes : 24

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1 Bolton nuts general election poll on Tue May 30 2017, 19:50

y2johnny

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Lets see if we can stay with the curve

Who you voting for.

We have plenty of threads for actual "facts" and arguments, so maybe just select who and say why

http://Www.thefacefittester.co.uk

2 Re: Bolton nuts general election poll on Tue May 30 2017, 19:59

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Labour. I'm a Party member. Can't vote against myself.

3 Re: Bolton nuts general election poll on Tue May 30 2017, 20:17

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Conservatives. Not because they're particularly ace, more the fact the alternative is far, far worse.

4 Re: Bolton nuts general election poll on Tue May 30 2017, 22:12

gloswhite

Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
Conservative, although I'll be happy when they realise that austerity is a tool to remedy a bad situation, and not a blueprint for a whole new way of life.

5 Re: Bolton nuts general election poll on Tue May 30 2017, 22:40

xmiles

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
Lib Dem because I live in a safe Tory seat and that is the most likely (albeit not very likely) way to get rid of the bastard sitting MP.

6 Re: Bolton nuts general election poll on Tue May 30 2017, 22:45

Bollotom2014

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Tory because the alternatives don't bear thinking about. I'm in the armed forces and JC will have us relegated to Boy Scouts. Lib Dems need to stop feeding the unicorns and the Greens. I get a hard on looking up at a squadron of aircraft trailing lovely con-trails and the smell of kerosene in the early morning gives me an appetitie for a full English.

7 Re: Bolton nuts general election poll on Tue May 30 2017, 22:55

xmiles

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
Bollotom2014 wrote:I get a hard on looking up at a squadron of aircraft trailing lovely con-trails

:hijack:

8 Re: Bolton nuts general election poll on Tue May 30 2017, 23:41

okocha

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
It's much easier to eliminate the parties I couldn't possibly bring myself to vote for because of some horror in their respective manifestos or some ghastly embarrassment of an MP.in their ranks. 

First of all, we have to sift through all the lies, exaggerations, evasions, spin, abuse of rivals.... in the hope of finding a policy which is honestly presented, costed and would actually benefit the country.

The most telling statistic will again be the percentage of the electorate who do not vote.

A very sad state of affairs......Hobson's choice!

9 Re: Bolton nuts general election poll on Tue May 30 2017, 23:59

Sluffy

Admin
Just an idea but would everyone be up for a Nuts version of Question Time?

What I'm thinking is we could open up the Chatbox on Saturday at 3,00pm and ask questions to a panel of volunteers who would be daft brave enough to represent the party they support?

If so we need someone to represent the main party's and anyone wanting to represent minority or obscure party's such as the Lib Dems (only joking Manda!) Monster Raving Loony's or Trump's Republicans (UK), Tin Tomatoes for all, or even the BNP (Brucie Needs Preserving) party's - would also be welcomed.

We could even do a little poll afterwards to see who we liked the best!

Anybody up for it?

10 Re: Bolton nuts general election poll on Wed May 31 2017, 01:06

Hip Priest

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Labour voter all my life, never varied. Could never vote for the bastard tories,ever. But I'm dithering as to what to do. Corbyn is a thoroughly nice little chap with some decent ideas, but let's be serious, he's never a party leader in the memory of man and keeping him on as leader means we're guaranteed the Tories in government for ever. The Tories will win this easily and part of me thinks it would probably be better if the Labour results were so pathetic that old Jeremy was forced to resign. So I am considering voting Lib Dem(can't believe I just said that) but will probably end up voting Labour.

11 Re: Bolton nuts general election poll on Wed May 31 2017, 01:36

Bollotom2014

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
xmiles wrote:
Bollotom2014 wrote:I get a hard on looking up at a squadron of aircraft trailing lovely con-trails

:hijack:

Hence why I won't be voting Greens, so not really a thread hijack, but thanks for your censorship.

12 Re: Bolton nuts general election poll on Wed May 31 2017, 08:26

Norpig

Jussi Jääskeläinen
Jussi Jääskeläinen
my views are very similar to Hip Priest - i'll be voting Labour

13 Re: Bolton nuts general election poll on Wed May 31 2017, 14:09

y2johnny

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Well  ill be voting labour and probably in the minority that i back corbyn as leader of the labour party too.

14 Re: Bolton nuts general election poll on Wed May 31 2017, 18:00

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Tory majority in Broadlands is even bigger than Jacob Rees-Mogg's NE Somerset where our plucky contender Manda (10% of the vote for the Libdems last time) attempts to claw back the 57% of the vote the Tories had last time out. I have already voted by post as I'm off abroad tomorrow. I didn't vote Tory but I don't think it will make a ton of difference. Tories will win more seats pushing their majority to well over a hundred albeit with reduced majority's all over the country. I expect the Libdems and Labour to get more votes than in 2015 and the Libdems to win back a handful of their traditional seats. UKIP will finally die.

15 Re: Bolton nuts general election poll on Wed May 31 2017, 20:04

MartinBWFC

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
I fear for a world that has two superpowers being led by Corbyn and Trump.

16 Re: Bolton nuts general election poll on Wed May 31 2017, 20:18

y2johnny

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Trump and corbyn are polar opposites.

17 Re: Bolton nuts general election poll on Wed May 31 2017, 20:41

xmiles

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
MartinBWFC wrote:I fear for a world that has two superpowers being led by Corbyn and Trump.

What superpower do you envisage Corbyn leading? I think his chances in Russia and China are slightly lower than his chances here.

18 Re: Bolton nuts general election poll on Thu Jun 01 2017, 18:29

Cajunboy

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
Even if Abbott & Costello had a magic money tree, I still wouldn't trust them to run a burger bar on Blackpool prom!

19 Re: Bolton nuts general election poll on Thu Jun 01 2017, 23:04

Fabians Right Peg

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
As a floating voter I am struggling this time round, I don't affiliate to a single party, I am very much of the view that different parties policies appeal as you get older, have different responsibilities in life etc.

I like some of Labours policies however feel that they lack the cohesion and co-ordination to deliver on them.

The Lib Dems appeal as it seems like they are the most honest, in that they make it clear for better services we all need to chip in with an increase in income tax.

The conservatives would usually appeal as a safe pair of hands, and policies on social care etc, don't affect me directly (slightly selfish), however the more I see of May the less convinced I am of her abilities.

I have voted since the age of 18 however I am seriously considering not casting a vote this time out of choice, I do wonder why some of the UK's better politicians have not stood up to be counted, perhaps with the likes of Trump, Boris and others the days of serious political leadership are over.

20 Re: Bolton nuts general election poll on Thu Jun 01 2017, 23:15

xmiles

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
Fabians Right Peg wrote:As a floating voter I am struggling this time round, I don't affiliate to a single party, I am very much of the view that different parties policies appeal as you get older, have different responsibilities in life etc.

I like some of Labours policies however feel that they lack the cohesion and co-ordination to deliver on them.

The Lib Dems appeal as it seems like they are the most honest, in that they make it clear for better services we all need to chip in with an increase in income tax.

The conservatives would usually appeal as a safe pair of hands, and policies on social care etc, don't affect me directly (slightly selfish), however the more I see of May the less convinced I am of her abilities.

I have voted since the age of 18 however I am seriously considering not casting a vote this time out of choice, I do wonder why some of the UK's better politicians have not stood up to be counted, perhaps with the likes of Trump, Boris and others the days of serious political leadership are over.

Social care may not affect you directly but the state of the NHS may well do and it is only going to get worse if the Tories remain in power. It's the same for education. Only a tiny number of very wealthy individuals and companies will be better off with the Tories.

21 Re: Bolton nuts general election poll on Thu Jun 01 2017, 23:55

okocha

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
We are the 5th richest country in the world. The money is there,  but our priorities for spending it are all wrong.  There is evidently cash for HS2, nuclear weapons, for baling out the banks, etc., rather than for the NHS, social care, schools, police, welfare. It is not necessary to increase taxes; just re-set priorities and collect all taxes that are due. Which party is advocating these things?

22 Re: Bolton nuts general election poll on Fri Jun 02 2017, 15:39

Cajunboy

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
Fabians Right Peg wrote:As a floating voter I am struggling this time round, I don't affiliate to a single party, I am very much of the view that different parties policies appeal as you get older, have different responsibilities in life etc.

It is essential that we get a good deal on BREXIT, for the future of our country.  

As you say the Conservatives usually appeal as a safe pair of hands.

Compared with Corbyn and Abbott, they still appeal as a safe pair of hands.

23 Re: Bolton nuts general election poll on Fri Jun 02 2017, 15:42

Norpig

Jussi Jääskeläinen
Jussi Jääskeläinen
I wouldn't ever call the Tories a safe pair of hands, whatever they have in them they want to privatise

24 Re: Bolton nuts general election poll on Fri Jun 02 2017, 15:45

xmiles

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
Cajunboy wrote:
Fabians Right Peg wrote:

It is essential that we get a good deal on BREXIT, for the future of our country.  

As you say the Conservatives appeal as a safe pair of hands.

I think you missed that bit.

The more you see of May the more you realise that she is not as strong and stable as she pretends to be. Repeating robotically that "nothing has changed" when she has done a blatant u-turn on the dementia tax is just one example.

25 Re: Bolton nuts general election poll on Fri Jun 02 2017, 15:50

Bread2.0

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
...and running away from public debate with the other leaders.

She did it again this morning when she ducked another radio interview.

26 Re: Bolton nuts general election poll on Fri Jun 02 2017, 16:25

Cajunboy

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
xmiles wrote:
Cajunboy wrote:
Fabians Right Peg wrote:

As you say the Conservatives appeal as a safe pair of hands.

I think you missed that bit.

The more you see of May the more you realise that she is not as strong and stable as she pretends to be. Repeating robotically that "nothing has changed" when she has done a blatant u-turn on the dementia tax is just one example.
I totally agree with you on the social care fiasco. She was idiotic to say nothing had changed. This policy was not thought through and even now there is not any real detail on it.

I have been disappointed with her performance during the election, I think she does not have much warmth and charm,   but this does not mean she can't do a good job on Brexit.  It is the team who will be doing the deal and I have more faith in Davies, Fox and even Boris than Corbyn and his chums.

27 Re: Bolton nuts general election poll on Fri Jun 02 2017, 19:40

y2johnny

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Only agreeing to be on question time tonight....... if ion seperately from corbyn

28 Re: Bolton nuts general election poll on Fri Jun 02 2017, 19:41

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I find that image deeply disturbing. Shocked

29 Re: Bolton nuts general election poll on Fri Jun 02 2017, 19:42

y2johnny

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

30 Re: Bolton nuts general election poll on Fri Jun 02 2017, 19:53