You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Which of the two Album covers is more famous.

Which of the two Album covers is more famous.

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Angry Dad

avatar
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
Which is more instantly recognizable world wide  Sgt Peppers or Abbey Road, can't get an answer from google but I go with Abbey Road by a long way.

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Has to be Abbey Road.

Norpig

avatar
Jussi Jääskeläinen
Jussi Jääskeläinen
Probably is Abbey Road as everyone who goes there tries to recreate the cover and annoys passing motorists  Very Happy

Angry Dad

avatar
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
They do know it's not in its exact original position right?

Angry Dad

avatar
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
I find it ironic that they go to all the trouble of the artwork of peppers which becomes an iconic piece of work then they decide to call the new album Everest are about to fly out there then go fuck lets just go outside and call it Abbey Road and it becomes what it has.

DEANO82


Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
Angry Dad wrote:Which is more instantly recognizable world wide  Sgt Peppers or Abbey Road, can't get an answer from google but I go with Abbey Road by a long way.
If you showed both albums covers to a thousand people and asked people to name them, more would get Sgt Peppers than Abbey Road ( that might be down to the fact it has its name on the drum though  Smile ).

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Abbey  Road was the best selling vinyl album of 2009, 2010 and 2011 outselling the likes of Adele and Radiohead but it still has a way to go to catch the 32 million copies of sp sold.

Angry Dad

avatar
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
1 Abbey Road 2 Revolver 3 Sgt Peppers, in that order for me.   Fav track off each ,You never give me your money, Eleanor Rigby, Day in the life.

Soul Kitchen

avatar
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
The best Beatles album cover is the white album! 
They do lay claim to being the first boy band though?

y2johnny

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Norpig wrote:Probably is Abbey Road as everyone who goes there tries to recreate the cover and annoys passing motorists  Very Happy
There is a webcam where you can actually watch them try to recreate it.  it's hilarious.  a lot of near misses.  gonna go check if it is still on as this was a few years ago

http://Www.thefacefittester.co.uk

y2johnny

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
found it, tends to get busier in school holidays and later on.  might be a bit early yet


http://www.earthcam.com/mobile/applications/abbeyroad/

http://Www.thefacefittester.co.uk

Angry Dad

avatar
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
Soul Kitchen wrote:The best Beatles album cover is the white album! 
They do lay claim to being the first boy band though?
Sorry sk that would be the Bee Gees 1958 2 years earlier than the Beatles officially,unoficially a lot earlier.

Soul Kitchen

avatar
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
Beatles first hit 62.
Bee Gees first hit 67.
You were saying?
Tell me anybody that knew them in 58?
Turquoise Toenail were formed in 71, had you heard of them? No! Hits bring fame not when they were formed!!
Thus Beatles were the first boy band.

Angry Dad

avatar
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
Soul Kitchen wrote:Beatles first hit 62.
Bee Gees first hit 67.
You were saying?
Bee gees together in 58, Beatles 60 They were a band before the Beatles.

Soul Kitchen

avatar
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
Angry Dad wrote:
Soul Kitchen wrote:Beatles first hit 62.
Bee Gees first hit 67.
You were saying?
Bee gees together in 58, Beatles 60 They were a band before the Beatles.
Not arsed when they got together, the Beatles were the first boy band, get over it! Laughing

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
First boy band my arse.

Angry Dad

avatar
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
I alway's class a band as a group of people that play instruments not just sing. How is 1D a fuckin band or Take That or any of the other crap, they ain't musicians.

Angry Dad

avatar
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
Soul Kitchen wrote:
Angry Dad wrote:
Soul Kitchen wrote:Beatles first hit 62.
Bee Gees first hit 67.
You were saying?
Bee gees together in 58, Beatles 60 They were a band before the Beatles.
Not arsed when they got together, the Beatles were the first boy band, get over it! Laughing
BeeGees were recording in Australia late 1958 loads of Australians heard them, went to the shows etc So there sk Very Happy

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum