Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bersant Celina upbeat on chances of a loan move to Bolton

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bersant Celina reckons Wanderers could be the ideal destination as he contemplates a move away from Manchester City.

The 20-year-old attacker will be sent out on loan next season, with the Blues hoping to find him a Championship club to monitor his development.

Celina, who is in action for the Kosovan Under-21s against Norway this weekend, has already been given a guided tour of the Macron and has met with manager Phil Parkinson.

Speaking on international duty, the youngster confirmed Wanderers would be a good fit.

“I know that Bolton is keen on signing me,” he said in an interview with Aftenposten. “But we’ll just have to wait and see what happens, there are other interested clubs as well.

“But I think Bolton would be a good club for me. It’s a club that belongs in the Championship or Premier League.”

Celina spent last season on loan at FC Twente in Holland, and reports in the Dutch media suggest the club was keen to bring him back.

City sent 37 players out on loan last season and have already started farming out their younger players again, moving goalkeeper Angus Gunn out to Wanderers’ Championship rivals Norwich City for a second spell.

It is understood the Whites have fostered good relationships with City and Chelsea in an effort to benefit from some of the players they send out this summer.

Meanwhile, Wannderers are keeping their eye on Watford defender Tommie Hoban, who spent last season on loan at Blackburn Rovers.

The versatile London-born defender was a target for Phil Parkinson last summer and sources suggest he has not ruled out a second attempt to land the Republic of Ireland Under-21 international on loan.

Hoban dislocated his shoulder after a bright start at Ewood Park and finished the campaign having played only 16 times in the Championship.

Reports suggest QPR and Nottingham Forest are also chasing the 23-year-old.

Ex-Wanderers loanee James Henry, released by Wolves at the end of the season, is wanted by League One Portsmouth. It is unlikely Wanderers will look to sign the midfielder permanently.

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum