Bolton Wanderers Fans Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Has CORBYN peaked?

Has CORBYN peaked?

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1 Has CORBYN peaked? on Sun Jun 11 2017, 19:27

Cajunboy

avatar
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
That's the question.

2 Re: Has CORBYN peaked? on Sun Jun 11 2017, 19:49

Sluffy

avatar
Admin
I can't really see what the fuss is about Corbyn?

Labour has lost the THIRD consecutive election.

After increasing their seats by 30 they are still FIRTYSIX seats short of the Conservatives and SIXTYFOUR short of an overall majority.

How is that considered being a success?



And not related but Michael Gove is back!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/michael-gove-cabinet-reshuffle-environment-secretary-latest-a7785036.html



3 Re: Has CORBYN peaked? on Sun Jun 11 2017, 20:15

Sluffy

avatar
Admin
Also the last Labour MP to win a General Election (other than Tony Blair) was Harold Wilson in October, 1974 - with a three seat majority, 43 years ago!

4 Re: Has CORBYN peaked? on Sun Jun 11 2017, 20:16

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Yes. And so has May. 18 to 24s have voted tactically and there's little confidence in either.

5 Re: Has CORBYN peaked? on Sun Jun 11 2017, 20:27

Fabians Right Peg

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
I think it depend on his next move, Corbyn needs to broaden his appeal and the only way he can do that is by bringing in what many would consider to be less left wing, more moderate MP's into his shadow cabinet.

His appearance on the Andrew Marr show this morning was very impressive, he looked more like a politician and less like a campaigner.

If he kicks Abbot into touch and brings into the cabinet the likes of Chukka Amunna then I think Labour will become a serious force to be reckoned with.

6 Re: Has CORBYN peaked? on Sun Jun 11 2017, 20:51

y2johnny

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
No

http://Www.thefacefittester.co.uk

7 Re: Has CORBYN peaked? on Sun Jun 11 2017, 20:58

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
He did well by sticking to the policies. The last thing he needs to do now is believe the hype and start thinking he's got personality because when all is said and done he's an irritating nerd. Stay on message and stay serious and humble and he has a chance.

8 Re: Has CORBYN peaked? on Sun Jun 11 2017, 20:59

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
wanderlust wrote:when all is said and done he's an irritating nerd.

Is it like looking in the mirror?

9 Re: Has CORBYN peaked? on Sun Jun 11 2017, 21:53

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Fabians Right Peg wrote:I think it depend on his next move, Corbyn needs to broaden his appeal and the only way he can do that is by bringing in what many would consider to be less left wing, more moderate MP's into his shadow cabinet.

His appearance on the Andrew Marr show this morning was very impressive, he looked more like a politician and less like a campaigner.

If he kicks Abbot into touch and brings into the cabinet the likes of Chukka Amunna then I think Labour will become a serious force to be reckoned with.
Don't think we need the likes of Chuka 'which way is the wind blowing today' Umunna.
Get rid of Abbott,by all means,but speaking to many young voters in Warrington,the move to the left has been a positive.
Let's not scuttle back to the middle ground now.

10 Re: Has CORBYN peaked? on Sun Jun 11 2017, 21:55

finlaymcdanger


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
wanderlust wrote:The last thing he needs to do now is believe the hype and start thinking he's got personality.
We're talking about Jeremy Corbyn, right? Teresa May is on death row thanks to him and I can't wait to see what he is capable of now. SIt back and enjoy the best TV we have witnessed in years (Leftovers excluded)



Last edited by finlaymcdanger on Sun Jun 11 2017, 21:59; edited 1 time in total

11 Re: Has CORBYN peaked? on Sun Jun 11 2017, 21:57

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Very Happy

12 Re: Has CORBYN peaked? on Sun Jun 11 2017, 22:04

Fabians Right Peg

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
boltonbonce wrote:
Get rid of Abbott,by all means,but speaking to many young voters in Warrington,the move to the left has been a positive.
Let's not scuttle back to the middle ground now.
The move to the left has definitely helped to give Labour an Identity and they need to be careful not to lose that, however as to the question has Corbyn reached his peak, unless he finds a way to broaden his appeal then undoubtedly he has.

The best way to convince more people is to bring on board others who have a broader appeal whilst sticking with his current agenda, if he can convince the wider parliamentary party to get on board then he becomes a real contender.

The question is how much if anything he will need to concede to get them on board, given his strong performance he is coming from a position of power so now is the time to bring others back into the fold.

13 Re: Has CORBYN peaked? on Sun Jun 11 2017, 22:17

finlaymcdanger


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Don't you think he has just delivered and gained the confidence of a MUCH wider reach?

14 Re: Has CORBYN peaked? on Sun Jun 11 2017, 22:24

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Why should he concede anything? He has the whip hand. They spat their dummies out when they thought they could push him out,and now they want back in. 
His job now is indeed to broaden his appeal,but he can do that by convincing the doubters that his policies are workable. 
As has been said on here before,Socialism isn't a dirty word.

15 Re: Has CORBYN peaked? on Sun Jun 11 2017, 22:27

Fabians Right Peg

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
finlaymcdanger wrote:Don't you think he has just delivered and gained the confidence of a MUCH wider reach?

yes but not wide enough, to win a general election.

16 Re: Has CORBYN peaked? on Sun Jun 11 2017, 22:28

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I've just seen Gove on TV.

I'm going to bed.

17 Re: Has CORBYN peaked? on Sun Jun 11 2017, 22:30

finlaymcdanger


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Fabians Right Peg wrote:
finlaymcdanger wrote:Don't you think he has just delivered and gained the confidence of a MUCH wider reach?

yes but not wide enough, to win a general election.

With this kind of momentum I'm inclined to disagree.

18 Re: Has CORBYN peaked? on Sun Jun 11 2017, 22:30

finlaymcdanger


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Exclamation
boltonbonce wrote:I've just seen Gove on TV.

I'm going to bed.

Been out of touch the past couple of days. Has that prick risen from the dead?

19 Re: Has CORBYN peaked? on Sun Jun 11 2017, 22:31

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I'm afraid so. He's back in the Cabinet.

20 Re: Has CORBYN peaked? on Sun Jun 11 2017, 22:36

Fabians Right Peg

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
finlaymcdanger wrote:
Fabians Right Peg wrote:
finlaymcdanger wrote:Don't you think he has just delivered and gained the confidence of a MUCH wider reach?

yes but not wide enough, to win a general election.

With this kind of momentum I'm inclined to disagree.

I was referring to the one he just lost.

21 Re: Has CORBYN peaked? on Sun Jun 11 2017, 22:41

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
The real loser is May. She can't possibly survive.

What's quite scary is,if you look beyond May and Corbyn,the up and comers on both sides of the divide are pretty abysmal.

22 Re: Has CORBYN peaked? on Sun Jun 11 2017, 22:47

xmiles

avatar
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
Probably the only thing we can all agree on is that the country is currently fucked and we have the Tory party to blame for that. Cameron for holding a referendum and running a shit campaign and Maybot for thinking people liked her. It's going to get a lot worse if we carry on with brexit.

23 Re: Has CORBYN peaked? on Sun Jun 11 2017, 22:48

wessy

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
No is the Answer if  a second election transpires then he as the wind in his sail, and the tories are on the back foot. In answer to Sluffy and Labour failing to win the last three elections.

Look at the Conservatives performance over the last three elections a lost majority 2017 and no overhaul majority in 2010. needing other parties. and a small majority in 2015 whith no real opposition.

Politics seems to be changing a landslide seems to be in the past, so  its game on. Labour at least have most of the brains of the party to bring back into the shadow cabinet. The Tories have one real contender and he scares the shit out of both sides. Interesting times.

One thing is certain they now have to respect Corbyn and they now know that May was a sham.
We also know that a slightly left manifesto is popular. So JC should do more of the same and bring the youth of Britain with him.

Scotland with no second referendum on the table could go back to Labour, if it does a government is not out of the question.

24 Re: Has CORBYN peaked? on Sun Jun 11 2017, 23:00

Fabians Right Peg

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
boltonbonce wrote:The real loser is May. She can't possibly survive.

What's quite scary is,if you look beyond May and Corbyn,the up and comers on both sides of the divide are pretty abysmal.
I think you can include both May and Corbyn in that, both have serious flaws IMO. The only exception I can think of is Hillary Benn, but I can't see him fitting in with Corbyn's plans.

25 Re: Has CORBYN peaked? on Sun Jun 11 2017, 23:01

okocha

avatar
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

26 Re: Has CORBYN peaked? on Mon Jun 12 2017, 01:30

Bollotom2014

avatar
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
JC keeps shaking that money tree with no info about how he will actually pay for it. It's okay saying tax the super rich more and increase corporation tax which will do as much damage as you're all saying PMTM will. I'm waiting for Boris to jump in the hot seat. Won't be much difference but at least it'll be good fun.
Looks like there's only Nat and I Tories so I'll let you all carry on having a wankfest over Corbyn. The pillock doesn't even play golf.

27 Re: Has CORBYN peaked? on Mon Jun 12 2017, 07:58

xmiles

avatar
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
Bollotom2014 wrote:JC keeps shaking that money tree with no info about how he will actually pay for it. It's okay saying tax the super rich more and increase corporation tax which will do as much damage as you're all saying PMTM will. I'm waiting for Boris to jump in the hot seat. Won't be much difference but at least it'll be good fun.
Looks like there's only Nat and I Tories so I'll let you all carry on having a wankfest over Corbyn. The pillock doesn't even play golf.

So much wrong in so few words.

1. Labour party plans are costed unlike the Tory party proposals
2. Getting the super rich to pay a fairer amount of tax will do no damage at all except to their greed
3. Restoring Corporation Tax to realistic levels will bring in more tax
4. Boris being PM will only be "good fun" if your idea of good fun is jumping off a cliff
5. Golf is a game for wankers.

28 Re: Has CORBYN peaked? on Mon Jun 12 2017, 08:27

Norpig

avatar
John McGinlay
John McGinlay
spot on xmiles  :clap:

29 Re: Has CORBYN peaked? on Mon Jun 12 2017, 11:03

Angry Dad

avatar
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
In my opinion he's done nothing to peak at he lost end of, get rid of mr burns and bring on Boris.

30 Re: Has CORBYN peaked? on Mon Jun 12 2017, 11:06

Angry Dad

avatar
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
That Arlene Foster is a right munter. Shocked

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum