Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Has CORBYN peaked?

+13
Angry Dad
Norpig
Bollotom2014
okocha
wessy
xmiles
finlaymcdanger
boltonbonce
Natasha Whittam
Fabians Right Peg
wanderlust
Sluffy
Cajunboy
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

31Has CORBYN peaked? - Page 3 Empty Re: Has CORBYN peaked? Mon Jun 12 2017, 11:38

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Its quite amusing watching all the Labourites running around making out they've won something. In truth, Corbyn did do well, but there again, when you have nobody able to put two sentences together in the opposition, he'd really have to try hard not to improve his lot.
However, in the big picture, he's not achieved that much. His basic ploy was to promise everyone everything. This tactic has no future, and all the ones hoping for an easier life, will soon desert him, especially when his cabinet, still consisting of dead-enders, won't be able to put forward a coherent argument for anything, if called on to govern. If he's really that good, how come he didn't win ?
Finally, lets not forget that, at the end of the day, we still have a massive National Debt hanging over us. So if everyone is getting what they want, it will be at the cost of putting future generations further into hock. Short sighted and selfish people, living for today, will only stretch out the pain, especially for those poor souls who are already suffering.

32Has CORBYN peaked? - Page 3 Empty Re: Has CORBYN peaked? Mon Jun 12 2017, 11:44

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Bollotom2014 wrote:
Looks like there's only Nat and I Tories so I'll let you all carry on having a wankfest over Corbyn. The pillock doesn't even play golf.
Bollotom, Nat isn't a Tory ! 

She admitted to voting for Labour. So all the arguments she was putting out was nothing but empty rhetoric.

33Has CORBYN peaked? - Page 3 Empty Re: Has CORBYN peaked? Mon Jun 12 2017, 13:40

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Corbyn and Labour didn't win the election, no one expected they would do if they are honest. What he has achieved though is engaging the young voters to get involved and with the majority down and a minority Government in place, they can at least put up more of a fight to things like the privitisation of the NHS and more austerity cuts.

34Has CORBYN peaked? - Page 3 Empty Re: Has CORBYN peaked? Mon Jun 12 2017, 19:33

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Glos: May, her cronies and the Tory tabloids indulged in nasty sneering, and relentless personal abuse aimed at Corbyn and others in the Labour Party. Very little about policies passed their lips. Instead we were treated to irritating, meaningless repetitive soundbites. It was a campaign featuring an ugly hubris.
The Tories in office have been obsessed with austerity and heartless policies, offering fear.

Notice that the opposition did not stoop to the same shameful level. Instead they produced an appealing, costed a manifesto full of hope and promise for almost everyone, especially the young.
Hardly surprising that they regained much lost ground from a very low base. The latest opinion poll puts Labour ahead. 

Don't make the same misjudgements as Theresa who will have to be made to abandon her controlling tendencies and become more collegial....and avoid personal abuse as a strategy which the public will no longer tolerate. Attempts to woo the DUP, and her choices for the new cabinet show she is still sadly misguided. 
Supporting the Tories' current crop of policies as typified by the call to bring back fox hunting does not reflect well on individuals.

35Has CORBYN peaked? - Page 3 Empty Re: Has CORBYN peaked? Mon Jun 12 2017, 19:51

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:Supporting the Tories' current crop of policies as typified by the call to bring back fox hunting does not reflect well on individuals.

You used to be an interesting poster, unfortunately you've turned into a condescending prick who thinks he's better than everyone else.

Wanderlust already fills that roll on here.

It's easy to be the opposition, you can spout any old shite, especially when you know you've no chance of winning.

36Has CORBYN peaked? - Page 3 Empty Re: Has CORBYN peaked? Mon Jun 12 2017, 21:28

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:Finally, lets not forget that, at the end of the day, we still have a massive National Debt hanging over us. So if everyone is getting what they want, it will be at the cost of putting future generations further into hock. Short sighted and selfish people, living for today, will only stretch out the pain, especially for those poor souls who are already suffering.
National Debt doubled by the tories and Tory proposals less viable than labours. It's the tories who borrow money to keep their promises and it's the tories who have spectacularly f***** up the economy. why do you think that young people have stepped up to try to prevent further Tory stupidity?

Labour aren't great but my god the tories are the most incompetent government we've had. Useless.arrogant. Stupid.

Stop speculating about labour and look at the facts of this Tory governments piss poor performance. They really are bad.

37Has CORBYN peaked? - Page 3 Empty Re: Has CORBYN peaked? Mon Jun 12 2017, 22:17

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Am I to assume that the strong and stable motto is now dead? I've not heard it used since last Wednesday.
I'll bet 1874 has had a few spurts over the knuckles since Thursday's vote?

38Has CORBYN peaked? - Page 3 Empty Re: Has CORBYN peaked? Mon Jun 12 2017, 22:50

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Nat, you said you totally disapproved of fox hunting and were going to vote Labour, so I don't understand your sudden rant against what I wrote. Have you copied May and done a u-turn?

But your personal abuse is the perfect example of the sort of objectionable, nasty unprovoked attack that I mentioned as typical of those who are Tory at heart. I'm presuming you get your charming inspiration from The Sun, Mail or Express.

However if you want to rile me into being a "condescending prick", then try this for size:- learn the difference between "roll" and "role". Smile
Sleep well. xx

39Has CORBYN peaked? - Page 3 Empty Re: Has CORBYN peaked? Tue Jun 13 2017, 07:20

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Very Happy

40Has CORBYN peaked? - Page 3 Empty Re: Has CORBYN peaked? Tue Jun 13 2017, 08:03

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:Nat, you said you totally disapproved of fox hunting and were going to vote Labour, so I don't understand your sudden rant against what I wrote. Have you copied May and done a u-turn?

But your personal abuse is the perfect example of the sort of objectionable, nasty unprovoked attack that I mentioned as typical of those who are Tory at heart. I'm presuming you get your charming inspiration from The Sun, Mail or Express.

However if you want to rile me into being a "condescending prick", then try this for size:- learn the difference between "roll" and "role". Smile
Sleep well. xx

I didn't vote Tory because of the fox hunting, but if they hadn't made that mistake I would have put a cross next to the Tory candidate.

Last time we had a Labour government the world fell to its knees on the economic front, and went to war. Amazing how so many of you forget that fact. War. Lives lost. Remember?

But each to their own, what I'm getting tired of is twats on here thinking they are superior because they voted Labour, it's the same folk who were bitter about Brexit.

I don't doubt that the smug opinions on here have contributed greatly to the exodus of posters, so for the sake of the site shut the fuck up.

41Has CORBYN peaked? - Page 3 Empty Re: Has CORBYN peaked? Tue Jun 13 2017, 08:50

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

1. I didn't vote Labour
2. I abstained over Brexit
3. Thee is very deliberately no note of smugness in my original post.
4. All parties agreed with Labour's proposal to join the USA and other countries in going to war 
5. Remember the Falklands?
6. Under the Tories the national debt has more than doubled
7. Tory callousness, cuts to vital services and austerity policies should make them insupportable
8. Your vile language and nasty confrontational style is the more likely cause of any exodus. It's just as well that you can also be witty, interesting, entertaining and amusing.  The site is surely for varying opinions and debate.....but in a civilised manner. 
Welcome all posters rather than abuse them just because you disagree  xx

42Has CORBYN peaked? - Page 3 Empty Re: Has CORBYN peaked? Tue Jun 13 2017, 10:53

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:5. Remember the Falklands?

Are you really trying to compare the Falklands War with US/UK invasion of Iraq?

If you really think those two are similar you are dumber than I thought.

If someone invades our territory I expect the government to fight back. What I don't want is us getting in wars over oil that have nothing to do with us.

43Has CORBYN peaked? - Page 3 Empty Re: Has CORBYN peaked? Tue Jun 13 2017, 17:32

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Soul Kitchen wrote:Am I to assume that the strong and stable motto is now dead?

Nope, Corbyn today offered to form a strong and stable alternative to the Tories coalition of chaos if they can not pass a queens speach.  I think someone has got him a book on how to be an effective leader of the opposition.

44Has CORBYN peaked? - Page 3 Empty Re: Has CORBYN peaked? Tue Jun 13 2017, 20:25

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Fabians Right Peg wrote:
Soul Kitchen wrote:Am I to assume that the strong and stable motto is now dead?

Nope, Corbyn today offered to form a strong and stable alternative to the Tories coalition of chaos if they can not pass a queens speach.  I think someone has got him a book on how to be an effective leader of the opposition.

Didn't know the "Dummies" series had produced that one.  Cool

45Has CORBYN peaked? - Page 3 Empty Re: Has CORBYN peaked? Tue Jun 13 2017, 20:52

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

All said and done, Labour have still come out with nothing, other than an enhancement of their position. Unless they are invited into the Brexit negotiating, (which I hope the more intelligent ones are), then they still don't have a say in anything.
I personally would like to see an end to all the political snide comments, (as shown by  Corbyn in the Commons today), and would like them to actually think of the country and not their parties. The only good thing to come out of the election is the need for a slightly softer Brexit, to be engineered by a broader set of negotiators, (hopefully).
I'm a little concerned that the remainers will try to change the resulting agreement in such a way that we are giving up too much. An example of this is Ruth Davidson who performed well but is now calling for a soft Brexit, (she was a very strong remainer).

46Has CORBYN peaked? - Page 3 Empty Re: Has CORBYN peaked? Tue Jun 13 2017, 21:23

Snide comments by labour? Conservatives spent 1.2 million.....yes MILLION on snide comments against JUST corbyn.

47Has CORBYN peaked? - Page 3 Empty Re: Has CORBYN peaked? Tue Jun 13 2017, 21:28

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:All said and done, Labour have still come out with nothing, other than an enhancement of their position. Unless they are invited into the Brexit negotiating, (which I hope the more intelligent ones are), then they still don't have a say in anything.
I personally would like to see an end to all the political snide comments, (as shown by  Corbyn in the Commons today), and would like them to actually think of the country and not their parties. The only good thing to come out of the election is the need for a slightly softer Brexit, to be engineered by a broader set of negotiators, (hopefully).
I'm a little concerned that the remainers will try to change the resulting agreement in such a way that we are giving up too much. An example of this is Ruth Davidson who performed well but is now calling for a soft Brexit, (she was a very strong 
Sorry mate but you can't just "glos" over the fact that the tories have destroyed our economy and are taking us even further down the road to ruin as today's news about euro clearing house exemplifies. This incompetent rabble will turn a once proud nation into a third world country in no time.
They've already reduced our economy so much so the French have finally overtaken us after centuries of trying, devalued the pound by 20% and reintroduced inflation above wages in just a few years of gross mismanagement. 
For Britains sake they have to be stopped.

48Has CORBYN peaked? - Page 3 Empty Re: Has CORBYN peaked? Tue Jun 13 2017, 21:44

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
Sorry mate but you can't just "glos" over the fact that the tories have destroyed our economy and are taking us even further down the road to ruin as today's news about euro clearing house exemplifies. This incompetent rabble will turn a once proud nation into a third world country in no time.
They've already reduced our economy so much so the French have finally overtaken us after centuries of trying, devalued the pound by 20% and reintroduced inflation above wages in just a few years of gross mismanagement. 

You really are a boring gobshite. I've stopped reading your shite as I know what it's going to say.

49Has CORBYN peaked? - Page 3 Empty Re: Has CORBYN peaked? Tue Jun 13 2017, 21:47

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

You really are a boring gobshite. I've stopped reading your shite as I know what it's going to say.

WTF is wrong with you at the moment?

Is it that time of the month???

50Has CORBYN peaked? - Page 3 Empty Re: Has CORBYN peaked? Tue Jun 13 2017, 21:52

Menopause

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum