Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Do you care about your appearance?

+4
Norpig
wanderlust
Angry Dad
boltonbonce
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Do you care about your appearance? Empty Do you care about your appearance? Tue Jun 20 2017, 17:59

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'll admit now that I no longer do.
I only wear a tie at a funeral,and even if I go to a party,I have the appearance of a man shortly to go before a judge on a felony charge.
I have one comb. I've had it thirty years.
I haven't worn a pair of shoes in forty years,preferring black work boots(even at funerals).
Highly polished,but work boots all the same.
Shaving is another area of concern,due to the fact that,whilst shaving,I like to listen to Round The Horne on the radio.
As this usually has me shaking with laughter,I end up cutting myself to ribbons,producing a deeply unflattering result.
The fact is,I'm a slob. I no longer care. But do you?
Is anyone on here a bit of a dandy?
Does appearance matter to you?
Do you have a special outfit for any particular occasion?
Or,like me,is it a case of just throwing on a footy shirt?
No pictures. I'm not ready for that sort of thing.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Big Time, I Wont ever wear trainers other than gym shoes for running or workouts.
I have a uniform look that i have always stuck to which is white Tee shirt blue jeans leather jacket or coat and long black coat cloth in winter i just wear a scarf with the tee shirt and jacket.
Never owned a comb that i can remember as it gets tangled so i use a womans hair brush ,got the hair for it fortunately.
Always clean shaven cant stand stubble not got a heavy growth anyway 3 days before it would look untidy. 4 rings and a chain and locket with some of my first cats fur in it.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Interesting AD. Someone once tried to give me a makeover,but,like you,I have to feel comfortable in my own skin.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I have to wear a suit for work sometimes and a lot in the past but when i do it just is not me i dont like it and get pissed off easily you are right you have to be you.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Forgot i'm a big fan of 60's shoes .

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

In my teens I had a pair of two tone,square toed,cuban heels. Went well with my flares.

I looked the biggest plonker in Farnworth.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

boltonbonce wrote:In my teens I had a pair of two tone,square toed,cuban heels. Went well with my flares.

I looked the biggest plonker in Farnworth.
Chunky big squares or the narrow chisels that were basically winklepickers with the point chopped off?

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Chunky squares. I thought they looked OK at the time. Old pictures tell another story.

Don't they always.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

boltonbonce wrote:Chunky squares. I thought they looked OK at the time. Old pictures tell another story.

Don't they always.
Well that's more a 70's style bonce and yes it looked bad you only have to look at pics of Elton John!!! No i like the 60's winklepicker one's with tight narrow jeans i have a pair of cuban's in them with buckles cost me 200 quid from 19-60 Robert Burnside winklepickers but at 6-2 they make me a lot taller.

10Do you care about your appearance? Empty Re: Do you care about your appearance? Tue Jun 20 2017, 19:00

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Quality shoes or boots always last. Wouldn't know where the nearest cobbler is now.

And why the hell do they always cut keys?

11Do you care about your appearance? Empty Re: Do you care about your appearance? Tue Jun 20 2017, 19:01

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

boltonbonce wrote:Quality shoes or boots always last. Wouldn't know where the nearest cobbler is now.

Yeah and what's opticians got to do with deaf people.

12Do you care about your appearance? Empty Re: Do you care about your appearance? Tue Jun 20 2017, 19:04

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:Quality shoes or boots always last. Wouldn't know where the nearest cobbler is now.

Yeah and what's opticians got to do with deaf people.
My Mum said to me last week,'I can't hear the TV as well as I used to. I'll have to go to Specsavers'.
Apparently they do hearing aids now.
THEY DO HEARING AIDS NOW. Very Happy

13Do you care about your appearance? Empty Re: Do you care about your appearance? Tue Jun 20 2017, 22:56

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Since retiring I no longer wear a suit.  My default fashion is desert boots, Levi's boot cut if I can't get flares, t shirt and Oakleys but the missus likes to buy stuff for me so I often end up in fancy shirts. Currently in serifos wearing shorts she bought which all the girls say look nice but I can't tell the difference. To me they look chavvy. 
My battle is not to be a clothes horse. I'm in my sixties and I've earned the right to wear what the f*** I like even if these "hipsters" happen to be copying my generations clothing. 
And I shave properly. Beards are for ugly blokes who can't get laid.

14Do you care about your appearance? Empty Re: Do you care about your appearance? Wed Jun 21 2017, 09:51

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i've gone full circle with clothes now, when i was first out boozing me and all my mates spent a fortune on designer clobber. As i got older and settled down it wasn't such a big deal but i now fins myself shopping more for designer gear again. Nothing too fancy just Lyle & Scott, Fred Perry,Lacoste etc, still a big fan of Ben Sherman shirts as well  Very Happy

15Do you care about your appearance? Empty Re: Do you care about your appearance? Wed Jun 21 2017, 11:25

i like having decent (branded) t-shirt and polo's.  then it's just jean, combats or shorts for me.

shoe wise it's either air max (currently only have about 6 pairs) but i have some brown rockport for when i have to wear a shirt and jeans on special occasions Smile

16Do you care about your appearance? Empty Re: Do you care about your appearance? Wed Jun 21 2017, 11:42

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Johnny + Norpig = Chav

17Do you care about your appearance? Empty Re: Do you care about your appearance? Wed Jun 21 2017, 11:45

Natasha Whittam wrote:Johnny + Norpig = my ideal 3some
Very Happy

18Do you care about your appearance? Empty Re: Do you care about your appearance? Wed Jun 21 2017, 11:57

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Currently wearing a pair of airmax sunset with a Gordon's gin polo t-shirt in green (it says the g in gin and tonic on the back) along with a pair of Nike combat shorts in the grey camouflage colour.

19Do you care about your appearance? Empty Re: Do you care about your appearance? Wed Jun 21 2017, 12:04

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I tend to go for polo tops, jeans and trainers (Adidas), starting to wear T-shirts more lately

20Do you care about your appearance? Empty Re: Do you care about your appearance? Wed Jun 21 2017, 13:16

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Johnny + Norpig = Chav
 you talking to me?
Do you care about your appearance? 9k=

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum