Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brexit negotiations

+27
Travelodge
Dunkels King
rammywhite
BoltonTillIDie
Angry Dad
scottjames30
Bread2.0
xmiles
Chairmanda
wessy
Cajunboy
Bollotom2014
Bwfc1958
JAH
okocha
Reebok Trotter
Soul Kitchen
Sluffy
karlypants
Leeds_Trotter
boltonbonce
finlaymcdanger
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
gloswhite
bwfc71
wanderlust
31 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 32 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 14 of 50]

271Brexit negotiations - Page 15 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Oct 25 2017, 12:01

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This is outrageous, snide and downright dishonest. David Davis is now saying that MPs won't get their promised vote on the Brexit deal until AFTER we have left the EU. What a bunch of lying toerags!

Here.

272Brexit negotiations - Page 15 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu Oct 26 2017, 10:01

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

What I don't understand is what those who want a second referendum hope to achieve.
As I see it, we will vote for, or against, what has been negotiated. Which, in effect, due to the lack of time and will on the EU side, is to accept what is on offer, or instigate a clean break. This has always been the case.
Bearing in mind the way the EU has behaved so far, the chances of them renegotiating, just because we want more, just isn't going to happen.

273Brexit negotiations - Page 15 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu Oct 26 2017, 10:19

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

That's easy glos. You are ignoring this third choice of revoking article 50. What we want is not to leave the EU. Once more people understand just how bad it is going to be outside the EU I hope a majority will choose to stay in. Remember only 36% of the eligible electorate voted to leave. The decision was not handed down on tablets of stone from God contrary to the interpretation brexiteers tend to believe.

274Brexit negotiations - Page 15 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu Oct 26 2017, 11:09

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:That's easy glos. You are ignoring this third choice of revoking article 50. What we want is not to leave the EU. Once more people understand just how bad it is going to be outside the EU I hope a majority will choose to stay in. Remember only 36% of the eligible electorate voted to leave. The decision was not handed down on tablets of stone from God contrary to the interpretation brexiteers tend to believe.

If the government did a u-turn you'd be slagging them off for the next 20 years, calling them weak and dithering old farts.

275Brexit negotiations - Page 15 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu Oct 26 2017, 12:23

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Natasha Whittam wrote:
xmiles wrote:That's easy glos. You are ignoring this third choice of revoking article 50. What we want is not to leave the EU. Once more people understand just how bad it is going to be outside the EU I hope a majority will choose to stay in. Remember only 36% of the eligible electorate voted to leave. The decision was not handed down on tablets of stone from God contrary to the interpretation brexiteers tend to believe.

If the government did a u-turn you'd be slagging them off for the next 20 years, calling them weak and dithering old farts.

No I would give them credit for being sensible.

276Brexit negotiations - Page 15 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu Oct 26 2017, 13:45

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:What I don't understand is what those who want a second referendum hope to achieve.
As I see it, we will vote for, or against, what has been negotiated. Which, in effect, due to the lack of time and will on the EU side, is to accept what is on offer, or instigate a clean break. This has always been the case.
Bearing in mind the way the EU has behaved so far, the chances of them renegotiating, just because we want more, just isn't going to happen.
MPs voting on whether we should accept the terms of a deal or even what we should do if there is no deal forthcoming is nothing to do with a second referendum Glos - it's to do with due diligence and specifically about ensuring that our elected representatives don't sacrifice the country at the altar of political advantage. 
The outcome of these negotiations will impact on millions of people for the rest of their lives and nobody in their right mind should even contemplate leaving that decision to one desperate person trying to cement her place in history.

This is treacherous.

277Brexit negotiations - Page 15 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu Oct 26 2017, 14:30

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

To be fair to May, she can't really conscience a vote on something she's not studied and has no idea about:

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/theresa-does-not-know-how-brexit-will-hit-economy-david-davis-says-a3668491.html

Unfuckingbelievable.....

278Brexit negotiations - Page 15 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu Oct 26 2017, 15:15

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bread2.0 wrote:To be fair to May, she can't really conscience a vote on something she's not studied and has no idea about:

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/theresa-does-not-know-how-brexit-will-hit-economy-david-davis-says-a3668491.html

Unfuckingbelievable.....
But that's the point of having the parliamentary debate that was promised - to assess what's on offer and evaluate what impact it will have from which point it can be decided whether or not to proceed or go back to the table.
Obviously it would help if our negotiators took full account of the likely outcomes before they agree to anything but the way it looks right now is that they intend to sign up for whatever and then discuss it after it's too late to reconsider - like a teenager getting a dodgy tattoo and then announcing it to her parents over dinner ...(analogising from personal experience there :facepalm: )

279Brexit negotiations - Page 15 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu Oct 26 2017, 16:21

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:

But that's the point of having the parliamentary debate that was promised - to assess what's on offer and evaluate what impact it will have from which point it can be decided whether or not to proceed or go back to the table.

Erm, yeah....I know.

That's why I threw the "unfuckingbelievable" in at the end.

280Brexit negotiations - Page 15 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu Oct 26 2017, 16:46

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bread2.0 wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

Erm, yeah....I know.

That's why I threw the "unfuckingbelievable" in at the end.
Sorry Dave - I was unsure whether the unfuckingbelievable referred to negotiating without knowing what a good deal looks like, not evaluating the potential outcomes of the elements or not letting our representatives debate it.

281Brexit negotiations - Page 15 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Nov 01 2017, 20:49

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Is this what "taking back control" and "parliamentary sovereignty" looks like?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-theresa-may-studies-economic-damage-vote-mps-force-latest-a8032311.html

If it is, I'm all for it.

282Brexit negotiations - Page 15 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu Nov 02 2017, 16:13

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bread2.0 wrote:Is this what "taking back control" and "parliamentary sovereignty" looks like?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-theresa-may-studies-economic-damage-vote-mps-force-latest-a8032311.html

There may well be 58 secret Government reports predicting damage to 88% of the economy, but doubtless the PM will refuse to release them on the grounds that brexcrement means brexcrement

283Brexit negotiations - Page 15 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu Nov 02 2017, 16:25

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

284Brexit negotiations - Page 15 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu Nov 02 2017, 16:34

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Worrying trend.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-41838426
Yes - but we'll have full control of an NHS without nurses.

285Brexit negotiations - Page 15 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu Nov 02 2017, 16:37

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:
Bread2.0 wrote:Is this what "taking back control" and "parliamentary sovereignty" looks like?

There may well be 58 secret Government reports predicting damage to 88% of the economy, but doubtless the PM will refuse to release them on the grounds that brexcrement means brexcrement

They're apparently trying to argue the toss over redacting anything which may be deemed prejudicial to our negotiating team's chances.

And they want to be the ones who decide just exactly which bits that covers.

This needs to be opposed if we are to avoid said impact studies subsequently being released as little more than pages and pages of blacked out text.

286Brexit negotiations - Page 15 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu Nov 02 2017, 16:40

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Looks like the Government will actually release the secret reports to ...erm.. the Government's own Brexit Committee after all. Or more precisely after they have agreed the security measures to ensure nobody outside the committee finds out what Brexit really means. Brextraprecautions here.

287Brexit negotiations - Page 15 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu Nov 02 2017, 16:48

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

At least the Electoral Commission is finally investigating the leave campaign's funding.

And judging from his activity on Twitter today, Aaron Banks is shitting himself.

Good.

288Brexit negotiations - Page 15 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Fri Nov 03 2017, 09:17

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

New word !!! Well done Breaders ... 'Brexcrement'

I get very brexcited when I see these.  Very Happy

289Brexit negotiations - Page 15 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Fri Nov 03 2017, 21:37

It’s telling that Leavers on this thread have given up on making serious comments.

290Brexit negotiations - Page 15 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Fri Nov 03 2017, 22:23

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

T.R.O.Y wrote:It’s telling that Leavers on this thread have given up on making serious comments.

Welcome TROY and yes exactly.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 32 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum