Bolton Wanderers Fans Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Brexit negotiations

Brexit negotiations

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Go down  Message [Page 24 of 25]

691 Re: Brexit negotiations on Wed Mar 28 2018, 21:02

gloswhite

avatar
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
T.R.O.Y wrote:Trust me, I won't get bored of talking about Brexit and it's affects for a while yet. The legal agreement is a recent eventuality, and it should be properly scrutinised – had there been more scrutinisation before the vote we wouldn't be leaving.
You don't know that

692 Re: Brexit negotiations on Wed Mar 28 2018, 21:04

T.R.O.Y


Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
Of course I can’t be certain, but had we been given all the facts I think it’s a fair assumption - given how tight the result was.

What do you make of the broken promises? Does it matter to you?

693 Re: Brexit negotiations on Wed Mar 28 2018, 21:07

gloswhite

avatar
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
I genuinely don't believe either side had all the facts, because none of us could envisage what could come from it, or how it would come about. We've had to take a lot on faith, but its been an error strewn path from day one, for both sides,

694 Re: Brexit negotiations on Wed Mar 28 2018, 21:08

gloswhite

avatar
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
How can promises be made, when nothing was certain ?

695 Re: Brexit negotiations on Wed Mar 28 2018, 21:15

T.R.O.Y


Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
Easily enough:

If you vote Brexit, it will be X /we’ll do Y.

696 Re: Brexit negotiations on Wed Mar 28 2018, 22:13

xmiles

avatar
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
gloswhite wrote:How can promises be made, when nothing was certain ?

Yet the leave campaign consisted of nothing but promises all of which have turned out to be simple lies. Some the day after the referendum (£350m for the NHS) some more recently (controlling our own fisheries). Has any promise made by the leavers actually been delivered?

697 Re: Brexit negotiations on Wed Mar 28 2018, 22:14

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Let it go. It's happening. Don't waste any more of your life on this shit. Life is short.

698 Re: Brexit negotiations on Wed Mar 28 2018, 22:17

gloswhite

avatar
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
Sorry TROY, thats naive. Its been a hell of a trip so far, but we have to accept not everyone will get what they want, leavers, remainers, and the EU itself. Its was a momentous decision, and only time will tell if the end product was worth it. Of course, we will then argue about the outcome, who won, who lost, etc. Its done, its still happening, whats next. None of us know. (but I still think it was the right decision Very Happy)

699 Re: Brexit negotiations on Wed Mar 28 2018, 22:18

xmiles

avatar
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
Life is short but some of us have children and grandchildren and would prefer that the country wasn't fucked up.

Brexit doesn't have to happen.

700 Re: Brexit negotiations on Wed Mar 28 2018, 22:18

T.R.O.Y


Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
Got to take an interest Nat, this will affect us for generations to come.

701 Re: Brexit negotiations on Wed Mar 28 2018, 22:19

xmiles

avatar
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
gloswhite wrote:Sorry TROY, thats naive. Its been a hell of a trip so far, but we have to accept not everyone will get what they want, leavers, remainers, and the EU itself. Its was a momentous decision, and only time will tell if the end product was worth it. Of course, we will then argue about the outcome, who won, who lost, etc. Its done, its still happening, whats next. None of us know. (but I still think it was the right decision Very Happy)

Remind me glos why you still think it was the right decision.

702 Re: Brexit negotiations on Wed Mar 28 2018, 22:20

T.R.O.Y


Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
gloswhite wrote:Sorry TROY, thats naive. Its been a hell of a trip so far, but we have to accept not everyone will get what they want, leavers, remainers, and the EU itself. Its was a momentous decision, and only time will tell if the end product was worth it. Of course, we will then argue about the outcome, who won, who lost, etc. Its done, its still happening, whats next. None of us know. (but I still think it was the right decision Very Happy)

It’s naive to think promises were made? I’d argue it’s  entirely factual. Did you look at the article?

703 Re: Brexit negotiations on Wed Mar 28 2018, 22:20

gloswhite

avatar
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
xmiles wrote:
gloswhite wrote:How can promises be made, when nothing was certain ?

Yet the leave campaign consisted of nothing but promises all of which have turned out to be simple lies. Some the day after the referendum (£350m for the NHS) some more recently (controlling our own fisheries). Has any promise made by the leavers actually been delivered?
Am I right in saying that another red bus went on the road recently, in favour either remaining, or some similar reason. Haven't heard anything about it since the first day. (Owen Smith was sacked because even the Labour Party are beginning to realise that such a wish is nothing but pie in the sky.

704 Re: Brexit negotiations on Wed Mar 28 2018, 22:22

gloswhite

avatar
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
xmiles wrote:Life is short but some of us have children and grandchildren and would prefer that the country wasn't fucked up.

Brexit doesn't have to happen.
XM, taking such a pessimistic view all the time is more likely to fuck up our future than a positive one, whatever the circumstances.

705 Re: Brexit negotiations on Wed Mar 28 2018, 22:23

T.R.O.Y


Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
Smith was sacked for breaking the party line on Brexit, a tactical and underhand move on his part IMO.

706 Re: Brexit negotiations on Wed Mar 28 2018, 22:25

gloswhite

avatar
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
xmiles wrote:
gloswhite wrote:Sorry TROY, thats naive. Its been a hell of a trip so far, but we have to accept not everyone will get what they want, leavers, remainers, and the EU itself. Its was a momentous decision, and only time will tell if the end product was worth it. Of course, we will then argue about the outcome, who won, who lost, etc. Its done, its still happening, whats next. None of us know. (but I still think it was the right decision Very Happy)

Remind me glos why you still think it was the right decision.
It was the right decision because we have stirred up a situation that will ensure that we as a nation, are able to make our own decisions, with respect to all things British, rather than be dragged along with many nations into a mindless comglomeration of petty bureacrats. We will have to learn to run out own country again.

707 Re: Brexit negotiations on Wed Mar 28 2018, 22:26

gloswhite

avatar
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
T.R.O.Y wrote:Smith was sacked for breaking the party line on Brexit, a tactical and underhand move on his part IMO.
True. I always thought he was unrealistic.

708 Re: Brexit negotiations on Wed Mar 28 2018, 22:26

xmiles

avatar
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
gloswhite wrote:
xmiles wrote:
gloswhite wrote:How can promises be made, when nothing was certain ?

Yet the leave campaign consisted of nothing but promises all of which have turned out to be simple lies. Some the day after the referendum (£350m for the NHS) some more recently (controlling our own fisheries). Has any promise made by the leavers actually been delivered?
Am I right in saying that another red bus went on the road recently, in favour either remaining, or some similar reason. Haven't heard anything about it since the first day. (Owen Smith was sacked because even the Labour Party are beginning to realise that such a wish is nothing but pie in the sky.

You have completely lost me now glos as I have no idea what you are referring to. You also haven't given any examples of brexiters delivering on their promises.

709 Re: Brexit negotiations on Wed Mar 28 2018, 22:29

gloswhite

avatar
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
I'm off to bed. To dream about the unfettered and positive future of this great country, (mind you winning the lottery would be nice as well Very Happy

Nite all

710 Re: Brexit negotiations on Wed Mar 28 2018, 22:30

gloswhite

avatar
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
xmiles wrote:
gloswhite wrote:
xmiles wrote:
gloswhite wrote:How can promises be made, when nothing was certain ?

Yet the leave campaign consisted of nothing but promises all of which have turned out to be simple lies. Some the day after the referendum (£350m for the NHS) some more recently (controlling our own fisheries). Has any promise made by the leavers actually been delivered?
Am I right in saying that another red bus went on the road recently, in favour either remaining, or some similar reason. Haven't heard anything about it since the first day. (Owen Smith was sacked because even the Labour Party are beginning to realise that such a wish is nothing but pie in the sky.

You have completely lost me now glos as I have no idea what you are referring to. You also haven't given any examples of brexiters delivering on their promises.
Nobody can give examples, were still negotiating. Its all talk so far.

711 Re: Brexit negotiations on Wed Mar 28 2018, 22:42

T.R.O.Y


Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
I’ve given you 11 examples of broken promises, but they seem to have been ignored. I worry it’s a case become a case of simply ignoring the bad news now.

712 Re: Brexit negotiations on Wed Mar 28 2018, 22:50

xmiles

avatar
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
gloswhite wrote:
xmiles wrote:
gloswhite wrote:Sorry TROY, thats naive. Its been a hell of a trip so far, but we have to accept not everyone will get what they want, leavers, remainers, and the EU itself. Its was a momentous decision, and only time will tell if the end product was worth it. Of course, we will then argue about the outcome, who won, who lost, etc. Its done, its still happening, whats next. None of us know. (but I still think it was the right decision Very Happy)

Remind me glos why you still think it was the right decision.
It was the right decision because we have stirred up a situation that will ensure that we as a nation, are able to make our own decisions, with respect to all things British, rather than be dragged along with many nations into a mindless comglomeration of petty bureacrats. We will have to learn to run out own country again.

Right I do remember you saying this before. You won't be surprised to learn that I think this is unrealistic and getting more unrealistic all the time. Briefly the three main reasons I disagree with you are:
1. we had plenty of control within the EU, including significant opt outs, but often failed to use it sensibly - for example the shambles over our fisheries where we allow foreign companies to buy up the rights to fish in British territorial waters
2. we have to interact with other countries all the time and doing so within an organisation like the EU puts us in a much stronger negotiating position than we will have as an isolated nation. Just wait to you see how easy it is negotiating a trade deal with the USA - chlorine flavoured chicken and hormone stuffed beef anyone?
3. you need to bear in mind how powerful multinational corporations are these days. At least the EU is trying to tackle them whereas the UK is doing nothing.
Finally I think you like many brexiters are just overindulging in nostalgia. You refer to "have[ing] to learn to run out own country again" but we are no longer a superpower.

713 Re: Brexit negotiations on Wed Mar 28 2018, 22:52

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
T.R.O.Y wrote:Got to take an interest Nat, this will affect us for generations to come.
Maybe not! Razz


http://www.newshub.co.nz/home/world/2016/11/humans-dont-have-10-years-left-thanks-to-climate-change---scientist.html

714 Re: Brexit negotiations on Wed Mar 28 2018, 22:57

xmiles

avatar
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
boltonbonce wrote:
T.R.O.Y wrote:Got to take an interest Nat, this will affect us for generations to come.
Maybe not! Razz


http://www.newshub.co.nz/home/world/2016/11/humans-dont-have-10-years-left-thanks-to-climate-change---scientist.html

Oh no that means none of us will live long enough to see the benefits of brexit!

715 Re: Brexit negotiations on Wed Mar 28 2018, 23:05

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
xmiles wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:
T.R.O.Y wrote:Got to take an interest Nat, this will affect us for generations to come.
Maybe not! Razz


http://www.newshub.co.nz/home/world/2016/11/humans-dont-have-10-years-left-thanks-to-climate-change---scientist.html

Oh no that means none of us will live long enough to see the benefits of brexit!
Sod Brexit. What about my slippers!

Seriously,could he be right?

716 Re: Brexit negotiations on Wed Mar 28 2018, 23:12

xmiles

avatar
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
boltonbonce wrote:
xmiles wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:
T.R.O.Y wrote:Got to take an interest Nat, this will affect us for generations to come.
Maybe not! Razz


http://www.newshub.co.nz/home/world/2016/11/humans-dont-have-10-years-left-thanks-to-climate-change---scientist.html

Oh no that means none of us will live long enough to see the benefits of brexit!
Sod Brexit. What about my slippers!

Seriously,could he be right?

I'm not normally an optimist but I'm pretty certain that this is complete bollocks and probably fake news.

717 Re: Brexit negotiations on Wed Mar 28 2018, 23:29

gloswhite

avatar
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
(Whisper this XM) I agree with you  Very Happy

718 Re: Brexit negotiations on Wed Mar 28 2018, 23:29

gloswhite

avatar
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
Back to bed

719 Re: Brexit negotiations on Wed Mar 28 2018, 23:30

gloswhite

avatar
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
xmiles wrote:
gloswhite wrote:
xmiles wrote:
gloswhite wrote:Sorry TROY, thats naive. Its been a hell of a trip so far, but we have to accept not everyone will get what they want, leavers, remainers, and the EU itself. Its was a momentous decision, and only time will tell if the end product was worth it. Of course, we will then argue about the outcome, who won, who lost, etc. Its done, its still happening, whats next. None of us know. (but I still think it was the right decision Very Happy)

Remind me glos why you still think it was the right decision.
It was the right decision because we have stirred up a situation that will ensure that we as a nation, are able to make our own decisions, with respect to all things British, rather than be dragged along with many nations into a mindless comglomeration of petty bureacrats. We will have to learn to run out own country again.

Right I do remember you saying this before. You won't be surprised to learn that I think this is unrealistic and getting more unrealistic all the time. Briefly the three main reasons I disagree with you are:
1. we had plenty of control within the EU, including significant opt outs, but often failed to use it sensibly - for example the shambles over our fisheries where we allow foreign companies to buy up the rights to fish in British territorial waters
2. we have to interact with other countries all the time and doing so within an organisation like the EU puts us in a much stronger negotiating position than we will have as an isolated nation. Just wait to you see how easy it is negotiating a trade deal with the USA - chlorine flavoured chicken and hormone stuffed beef anyone?
3. you need to bear in mind how powerful multinational corporations are these days. At least the EU is trying to tackle them whereas the UK is doing nothing.
Finally I think you like many brexiters are just overindulging in nostalgia. You refer to "have[ing] to learn to run out own country again" but we are no longer a superpower.
Glad to answer this ... tomorrow)

720 Re: Brexit negotiations on Wed Mar 28 2018, 23:36

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Lightweights. I'm off to watch Bilko.

Back to top  Message [Page 24 of 25]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum