Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Supporters' Trust planning 'positive' talks with club

+4
Natasha Whittam
Sluffy
wessy
karlypants
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A new look Bolton Wanderers Supporters Trust will meet with Ken Anderson this week to discuss ways they could help the club.

Talks are planned with the Whites chairman and football consultant Paul Aldridge as the trust looks to demonstrate a new direction following major changes at board level.

Solicitor Daniel Izza has taken over as acting chairman following the recent resignation of long-serving Ian Bridge.

Financial expert George Bower has also stepped down, which led to two new members being co-opted on to the board at a meeting last Tuesday.

Local solicitor Roger Allanson, and Adrian Taylor, the managing director of Cheetham Hill Construction, have agreed to work with the trust until the next elections, which will be held in the autumn.

Wanderers legend John McGinlay and a handful of other local businessmen and women also contributed to last Tuesday’s meeting at the Macron Stadium to debate the future direction of the organisation.

Bolton-born Izza, who has been a Whites fan since attending his first game in1976, says the trust will continue to liaise with Supporters Direct, as it has in the past, and is looking to publish a survey to its members in the coming weeks to canvass opinion.

He also hopes the constructive meeting held last Tuesday with new board members will reflect in progressive talks with Anderson, Aldridge and club communication officer Paul Holliday.

“Many positive initiatives arose from the meeting and it is hoped that this positivity will be reflective of our position going forward,” he said.

“The trust was created out of an emergency situation in January 2016 and whilst there have been both ups and downs since then, the general mood remains more optimistic for the future and we hope to push for greater positivity.

“At the core of the BWFCST is our desire to give the members and fans generally, a greater say in the running of the club.

“We are looking for the greater success of Bolton Wanderers and we would aim to do this by keeping the club accountable to the fans, seeking ways to support the club and to improve the supporter experience.

“We are hoping to take initiatives into a meeting convened with the chairman, Mr Aldridge and Mr Holliday which has been scheduled for next week.

“We hope to report further after our meeting on progress we might make.”

It is understood topics up for discussion at the meeting include proposals on how to improve the matchday experience for trust members and assistance with the academy.

Source

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Long serving Ian Bridge? The supporters club was only formed a year ago. I did 40+ years serving my running club trust me that's not long serving lol

Plus they both look like they need a make over very dodgy suits

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Haha

karlypants wrote:It is understood topics up for discussion at the meeting include proposals on how to improve the matchday experience for trust members and assistance with the academy.

Seems for all they care the rest of the fans can have a shit match day experience!

So much for being the voice of (all) the fans!

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I agree with wessy, they are a bunch of terribly dressed men. My mother always warned me to stay clear of men in ill-fitting suits.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ian Bridge has the look of a fat geography teacher. 

My matchday experience would be improved by someone sticking a sock in Tony Kelly's mouth.

No,I love him really.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Tbh I've had to turn Radio Nuts off more than a few times last season because I'd had enough of Kelly.

I even believe the other commentator gets sick to the back teeth with him at times.

I hope he isn't commenting this season.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:Ian Bridge has the look of a fat geography teacher.

Izza's seems to have taken down his twitter account, which comes as no surprise considering some of the stuff he posted about Anderson.

If the ST wants to build any bridges to Ken then Izza isn't the man to be doing it.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy we've found something we can agree on  cheers

TK is shocking on the radio, there must be another old player we can find who can do a better job than him

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:TK is shocking on the radio, there must be another old player we can find who can do a better job than him

I'll be doing the commentary on NN. Try not to fall in love with my voice.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

All I can imagine with you Nat is lots of slurping noises for some reason.

My avatar is quite fitting for you if you want it. Very Happy

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:Tbh I've had to turn Radio Nuts off more than a few times last season because I'd had enough of Kelly.

I even believe the other commentator gets sick to the back teeth with him at times.

I hope he isn't commenting this season.

Kelly nearly caused a riot when we scored at Port Vale.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

It doesn't feel normal Boncey without you taking the piss out of me over the ST.

Feel free to resume sledging me again.

Cool

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's a trick Bonce, don't fall for it.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:It doesn't feel normal Boncey without you taking the piss out of me over the ST.

Feel free to resume sledging me again.

Cool

I've never slagged you off! I DEMAND AN APOLOGY. Razz

With Bridge gone,I think there is,at the very least,a reasonable chance of a fresh start. They need to start doing the job they were created for.

Unless they do,it's all been a huge waste of our time.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:
With Bridge gone,I think there is,at the very least,a reasonable chance of a fresh start. They need to start doing the job they were created for.

Unless they do,it's all been a huge waste of our time.

Izza's has made some extremely disparaging tweets about Anderson, so he needs to go if the ST wants to make a fresh start - Smith needs to go too.

In fact I can't see how any of the Board can stay as they all have a collective responsibility in how they have acted up to now.

They really couldn't have made a worse mess of it all if they tried.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Glad to see you're coming round to my way of thinking Sluffy. Very Happy

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i said this on the other ST thread but i wasn't even aware they had elected anyone new! Was there a proper election for this?

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm concerned about the ST. They should elect officials properly in a transparent democratic process. They should not seek benefits from the club at this stage although any benefits the club give them would serve to increase uptake of membership, but before any of that they need to get their house in order.

It's got nothing to do with current relationships with Ken Anderson as the fundamental premise of the ST is to develop a working relationship with and support the club. Ken Anderson might not be here in January but the club will be. KA is just the current owner.

In order for the ST to carry any weight and have any influence with the club they need to find ways to implement proper processes that are beyond reproach, gain the backing of the majority of local businesses and organisations, get those businesses and organisations to provide an incentive package with which to grow membership and when they finally have respectability and a membership of say 30,000, the club would take their representation a bit more seriously.

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Norpig wrote:i said this on the other ST thread but i wasn't even aware they had elected anyone new! Was there a proper election for this?

When I queried it I was told they were "Co-opted" onto the board and as they were filling vacancies then elections weren't needed. Seems a bit strange. I didn't bother asking the badgers why would elections be used, under what circumstances and did this co-opting not infringe the election rulings of the the election overseeing body? They still can't speak with a straight tongue.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum