Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wayne Rooney - Worth a punt?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Wayne Rooney - Worth a punt? Empty Wayne Rooney - Worth a punt? Sat Jul 08 2017, 22:59

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Still only thirty-one and leaving Old Trafford on a free, bound for Everton apparently.

I've always rated Rooney - I even thought Allardyce was right to give him a free role in the England match he managed.

Anybody think this is a good move for Everton?

Also fair play to him for not chasing the money unlike another ex-club captain I can think of on his way to Blackburn or Wigan in the league below!

Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney looks set to return to Everton over the weekend on a free transfer.
Rooney arrived at Everton's Finch Park training ground on Saturday to have a medical, according to BBC Merseyside Sport.
BBC Sport understands that Rooney, 31, wants to return to Goodison - 13 years after he left for United - despite interest from other clubs.
United will waive a fee and may also fund part of Rooney's £13m wages.
He is unlikely to be part of the United party who leave for their pre-season tour of the United States on Sunday.
The deal is not connected to United's ongoing pursuit of Everton forward Romelu Lukaku.

Rooney signed a new four-and-a-half-year contract during the 2013-14 campaign, which included the option of a further season, but the Old Trafford club have no intention of triggering that clause.
The future of the the former England captain, who started 15 Premier League games last season, has been the subject of speculation for several months.
Asked in May whether he wanted to stay at Old Trafford, he said: "Of course. I've been at this club for 13 years, but I want to play football."
Rooney began his career at Goodison Park before joining United for £27m in August 2004.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40538433

2Wayne Rooney - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Wayne Rooney - Worth a punt? Sun Jul 09 2017, 11:59

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's still a decent player but he's not going to be a replacement upfront for Lukaku is he? His day of playing centre forward are over i think so not sure where he will fit in? Will he play in the no.10 role were Barkley plays?

Surprised Everton will take on his mind boggling wages as well!

3Wayne Rooney - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Wayne Rooney - Worth a punt? Sun Jul 09 2017, 12:07

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:Also fair play to him for not chasing the money unlike another ex-club captain I can think of on his way to Blackburn or Wigan in the league below!

You're right, I don't know how he'll get by on just £150k per week. He may have to take a second job.

4Wayne Rooney - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Wayne Rooney - Worth a punt? Sun Jul 09 2017, 15:10

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Sluffy wrote:Also fair play to him for not chasing the money unlike another ex-club captain I can think of on his way to Blackburn or Wigan in the league below!

You're right, I don't know how he'll get by on just £150k per week. He may have to take a second job.

What I meant is that he hasn't gone to China (or the USA) for the silly money they pay. He still obviously wants to play at the highest level rather than drop down the quality of the leagues just so he can earn even more money than he's got already.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum