Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OFFICIAL - Amos joins Charlton on loan

+6
Norpig
wanderlust
BoltonTillIDie
karlypants
MartinBWFC
Sluffy
10 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

DONE DEAL | Charlton sign goalkeeper Ben Amos on loan from Bolton Wanderers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Charlton Athletic are delighted to confirm the signing of goalkeeper Ben Amos on a season-long loan deal from Bolton Wanderers.
The 27-year-old is a former Manchester United academy graduate and spent last season with Championship club Cardiff City.
Amos - an experienced Championship stopper - adds competition to the club’s goalkeeping position and Manager Karl Robinson is pleased to have added the highly-regarded custodian to his squad.
He said: “We’re delighted to bring in a goalkeeper of the experience and pedigree that Ben has. He’s played a lot of games in the Championship. I’ve spoken with Ben and he has a real drive and determination to help get this club promoted.”
Amos started his career at Manchester United and would go on to represent the Red Devils in the Champions League, the League Cup and once in the Premier League.
He is thrilled to be joining the Addicks and has his sights set on at successful season at The Valley.
He said: “I’m really happy to have signed and I’m looking forward to getting back playing again. This is a massive club, promotion is our ultimate goal and I hope that I can play my part in helping Charlton to be successful.”
While with United, Amos enjoyed domestic loan stints at Peterborough United, Oldham Athletic, Hull City, Carlisle United and Bolton Wanderers, before joining the latter permanently in July 2015.
He has made 53 appearances for Wanderers - 49 of which were in the Championship – and earlier in his career he represented England at every age group from U16 to U21.
CEO Katrien Meire added: “The goalkeeper position was an important one for us this summer. We’re very pleased to be able to bring in Ben, especially as It has taken a bit longer than we wanted to get everything complete.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Had Charlton down as playoff contenders, that's put their chances down a notch.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Every little helps. Very Happy

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Good that we'll get some of his wages of the wage bill

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ben Amos - Charlton Player of the Season.

Ben Amos - Shite.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Are we paying all his wages still or are Charlton? They seem keen to sign him permanently but he was on big money with us wasn't he? Saying that aren't both our senior keepers out of contract now?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He was a decent shot stopper, but anything from outside the area flew into the net.

Absolute bobbins.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Best goalkeeper we ever had was Keith Branagan why we ever let him go I have no idea.

He is actually only 51 now and would still be better than most keepers in the world.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Amos to Charlton is a done deal as i confirmed last week

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Best goalkeeper we ever had was Keith Branagan why we ever let him go I have no idea.

He is actually only 51 now and would still be better than most keepers in the world.

As long as you totally ignore Eddie Hopkinsion & Jussi and Barry Siddall then yes Branagan was the best.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum