Bolton Wanderers Fans Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » Transfer rumours !

Transfer rumours !

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 7 of 9]

181 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Tue Sep 05 2017, 18:28

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Is he a right winger?

182 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Tue Sep 05 2017, 18:28

Kane57

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
First floor of whites hotel

183 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Tue Sep 05 2017, 18:29

BoltonTillIDie

John McGinlay
John McGinlay
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

184 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Tue Sep 05 2017, 20:31

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
wanderlust wrote:
Leeds_Trotter wrote:..apparently the Baptista deal is on still. If we sign him it's a great addition to the club for shirt sales.
Cool! Bring on the Beast!!!
Bumpity Bump.

185 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Tue Sep 05 2017, 20:32

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
wanderlust wrote:We could do with some of this....
Bump again.

186 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Tue Sep 05 2017, 22:18

Reebok Trotter

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
It sounds really promising but my only concern is that he could turn out to be another Mario Jardel. How old is Baptista again?

187 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Tue Sep 05 2017, 22:18

Reebok Trotter wrote:It sounds really promising but my only concern is that he could turn out to be another Mario Jardel. How old is Baptista again?

188 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Tue Sep 05 2017, 22:44

Reebok Trotter

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I was hoping he would be challenging Madine for the centre forward spot but at 35 it's a tall ask.

189 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Tue Sep 05 2017, 23:00

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Reebok Trotter wrote:I was hoping he would be challenging Madine for the centre forward spot but at 35 it's a tall ask.
If he could poach like Klasnic, and score 12-15 goals, I'll be happy.

190 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Wed Sep 06 2017, 09:30

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
It will be interesting to see if the EFL are going to be flexible in the light of being unable to move Chris Taylor on. If so I'd be surprised if we aren't talking "impact sub" rather than starting striker.

191 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Wed Sep 06 2017, 11:04

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
If this is true it will go down as one of the worst signings in our history.

He was recently released by an American club, you know the American league, the one where Bradley Wright-Phillips is one of the top players.

His last "competitive" match was playing for Brazil in the Sky Star Sixes against a load of retired over 40s.

It's mental.

192 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Wed Sep 06 2017, 11:07

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Natasha Whittam wrote:If this is true it will go down as one of the worst signings in our history.

He was recently released by an American club, you know the American league, the one where Bradley Wright-Phillips is one of the top players.

His last "competitive" match was playing for Brazil in the Sky Star Sixes against a load of retired over 40s.

It's mental.
I actually feel the same Nat.

193 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Wed Sep 06 2017, 11:10

BoltonTillIDie

John McGinlay
John McGinlay
Natasha Whittam wrote:If this is true it will go down as one of the worst signings in our history.

It's mental.

Read somewhere that it was because if he had played another game he would have triggered a $1,000,000 pay out.

194 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Wed Sep 06 2017, 11:33

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
He's well past his sell by date but I'd still prefer him coming on if we needed a goal than Ameobi or Buckley for example.

However that's not a problem we have yet.

195 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Wed Sep 06 2017, 13:14

Norpig

John McGinlay
John McGinlay
It smacks of desperation and how fit is he at the moment?

196 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Wed Sep 06 2017, 18:06

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Baptista had talks with the club this morning apparently, but as far as I know there has still been no statement from the club. This could be down to his wage demands, the EFL being unimpressed with Anderson's revised business plan to allow an extra player or simply that Baptista isn't firing. 
Hopefully he's playing well, doesn't want much dosh, the EFL trust Anderson and we'll get a new option up front.

197 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Wed Sep 06 2017, 18:29

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
If he wants more than £500 a week he should be told to sling his hook.

198 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Wed Sep 06 2017, 19:37

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Natasha Whittam wrote:If he wants more than £500 a week he should be told to sling his hook.

I assume he is paying us 500 quid a week or more.

199 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Thu Sep 07 2017, 09:47

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
WANDERERS have asked former Brazil international Julio Baptista to stick around and prove his fitness before talking contracts.
Phil Parkinson confirmed on Tuesday night the 35-year-old former Arsenal and Real Madrid star had been working with the Under-23s in an effort to secure a return to English football.
Baptista raised hopes of a deal when he posted a picture of himself in the Whites’ Hotel on his Instagram account, teasing the words “coming soon,” “get ready,” and “big announcement.”

But [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] understands the proximity of upcoming games against Middlesbrough and Sheffield United means he will be unable to train with the first team until next week at the earliest, casting some doubt on the deal.
It has been suggested Baptista could be used in the development squad’s game at QPR on Monday – but the Brazilian’s representative wants some guarantees a deal will be forthcoming.
Parkinson denied there was any imminent offer for the veteran but is understood to have been impressed with his physical condition after the player underwent medical tests earlier this week.
“He came in and has been [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] with our Under-23s, but that’s it at the moment,” he said. “He’s a good contact of Lee (Anderson).
“It really has been a great bit of experience for the younger lads to train with a player of that stature and pedigree.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] would also require permission to extend their squad from the EFL, which is another potential delaying factor in any offer to Baptista.
Baptista earned 55 international caps for his country, playing club football for Arsenal, Roma and Real Madrid, among others.
Meanwhile it is understood the club is ready to rule out a move for former skipper Jay Spearing. A deal has been mooted for the midfielder since his contract expired in the summer but while he is still looking a new club, Parkinson is not seeking to bring him back to the Macron Stadium.

200 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Thu Sep 07 2017, 12:50

Kane57

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
Parkinson pretty much confirming he doesn't want him then. Good. It's a daft move that makes no sense

201 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Thu Sep 07 2017, 16:32

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Kane57 wrote:Parkinson pretty much confirming he doesn't want him then. Good. It's a daft move that makes no sense
It does sound as though Parky isn't interested but Baptista is a class above anything we've currently got and has the ability to score from distance when we're being held at bay so if the price is right and if the EFL sanction it he could be a useful addition to the squad IMO.
But I don't think it will happen.

202 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Thu Sep 07 2017, 16:50

Sluffy

Admin
Tweet by Iles -

PP on Spearing: "I'm surprised he hasn't got a club but we have moved on. I have to concentrate on players I have got."

By the way - Iles has been talking about Baptiste in terms of a defensive midfielder and not in attack.

(as per hid fb video yesterday).

203 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Thu Sep 07 2017, 17:00

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
wanderlust wrote:Baptista is a class above anything we've currently got

When was the last time you saw him play 90 minutes? 5 years ago? More?

204 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Fri Sep 08 2017, 08:47

Norpig

John McGinlay
John McGinlay
Sluffy wrote:Tweet by Iles -

PP on Spearing: "I'm surprised he hasn't got a club but we have moved on. I have to concentrate on players I have got."

By the way - Iles has been talking about Baptista in terms of a defensive midfielder and not in attack.

(as per his fb video yesterday).

a defensive midfielder?  Shocked

I hope this is a joke

205 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Fri Sep 08 2017, 08:48

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Baptista is a class above anything we've currently got

When was the last time you saw him play 90 minutes? 5 years ago? More?
I like to think that class is permanent. 
Age does affect pace but I can still compete with the 20 something's I play against every week, so Baptista should have no problem - he's only 35.

206 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Fri Sep 08 2017, 08:56

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Norpig wrote:

By the way - Iles has been talking about Baptista in terms of a defensive midfielder and not in attack.

I hope this is a joke
He's always played attacking midfield.

207 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Fri Sep 08 2017, 09:31

Sluffy

Admin
wanderlust wrote:
Norpig wrote:

By the way - Iles has been talking about Baptiste in terms of a defensive midfielder and not in attack.

I hope this is a joke

Rolling Eyes

Baptista began his career as a defensive midfielder, and after a series of impressive performances for his hometown squad São Paulo FC, Baptista signed for Sevilla FC in 2003. Upon signing for Sevilla, he was converted into a forward, and in his two seasons, he scored 50 goals, leading to his 2005 transfer to Spanish giants Real Madrid.

From wiki I know but I can't be arsed to trawl through the internet to prove that Iles (who speaks to Phil Parkinson is right) and armchair know-it-all is talking bollocks yet again.

208 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Fri Sep 08 2017, 13:16

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Sluffy wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
Norpig wrote:

I hope this is a joke

Rolling Eyes

Baptista began his career as a defensive midfielder, and after a series of impressive performances for his hometown squad São Paulo FC, Baptista signed for Sevilla FC in 2003. Upon signing for Sevilla, he was converted into a forward, and in his two seasons, he scored 50 goals, leading to his 2005 transfer to Spanish giants Real Madrid.

From wiki I know but I can't be arsed to trawl through the internet to prove that Iles (who speaks to Phil Parkinson is right) and armchair know-it-all is talking bollocks yet again.
:rofl:

209 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Fri Sep 08 2017, 13:22

Norpig

John McGinlay
John McGinlay
i think Sluffy and Lusty need to have one of those white collar boxing matches to settle their differences once and for all.

210 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Fri Sep 08 2017, 13:36

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Norpig wrote:i think Sluffy and Lusty need to have one of those white collar boxing matches to settle their differences once and for all.
What? I never wore a collar of any hue when I used to box and anyway I don't have a problem with Sluffy - he's funny as f***! 

In fact I owe Sluffy an apology. I wrote that Baptista always played as an attacking midfielder whereas the truth of the matter is that he's only played attacking midfielder since 2003 i.e. the last 14 years, so obviously Parky was considering him for DM as Sluffy stated. My bad.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum