Bolton Wanderers Fans Forum

Last Match: Leeds 2-1 Bolton
Next Match: Reading v Bolton - 18/08/2018 15:00
Adam Le Fondre Leaves Bolton (details)

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » Transfer rumours !

Transfer rumours !

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 30 ... 34  Next

Go down  Message [Page 27 of 34]

781 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Tue May 29 2018, 20:47

Boggersbelief

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:The return of Adam Bogdán

Ádám Bogdán

Riiiight

782 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Tue May 29 2018, 22:27

Norpig

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Isn't Bogdan 4th choice at Liverpool now? He could have moved up a spot though since Saturday night  Razz

783 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Tue May 29 2018, 22:34

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Isn't Bogdan 4th choice at Liverpool now? He could have moved up a spot though since Saturday night  Razz
Poor Karius. He'll get a lot of awful tweets.

And he'll be unable to block them.

784 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Wed May 30 2018, 19:28

Cajunboy

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
I wonder what Bogdan is earning as 4th choice at Liverpool?

I could  do that job!  Just put some big gloves  on  and not even have to sit on a  hard bench.

785 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Thu May 31 2018, 13:10

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Only 1 day to go and I'm so excited about it. Imagine Parky has packed his bags and the mystery new manager is planning a double swoop for Hazard and Bale.
What time is the announcement Boggers?

786 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Thu May 31 2018, 14:51

Norpig

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Only 1 day to go and I'm so excited about it. Imagine Parky has packed his bags and the mystery new manager is planning a double swoop for Hazard and Bale.
What time is the announcement Boggers?

He's still not changed his name to Walter Mitty or Billy Bullshitter i see, sort it out Mods!

787 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Thu May 31 2018, 15:27

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Only 1 day to go and I'm so excited about it. Imagine Parky has packed his bags and the mystery new manager is planning a double swoop for Hazard and Bale.
What time is the announcement Boggers?

He's still not changed his name to Walter Mitty or Billy Bullshitter i see, sort it out Mods!
Don't say that - I'm banking on him being right on this one.

788 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Fri Jun 01 2018, 15:26

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
So what's happening Boggers? Owt or nowt?

789 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Fri Jun 01 2018, 16:17

karlypants

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Only 1 day to go and I'm so excited about it. Imagine Parky has packed his bags and the mystery new manager is planning a double swoop for Hazard and Bale.
What time is the announcement Boggers?

He's still not changed his name to Walter Mitty or Billy Bullshitter i see, sort it out Mods!

Perhaps we should have a vote on “bullshitter of the year” award?

Come on Nat get it sorted love! Very Happy

790 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Fri Jun 01 2018, 16:46

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Only 1 day to go and I'm so excited about it. Imagine Parky has packed his bags and the mystery new manager is planning a double swoop for Hazard and Bale.
What time is the announcement Boggers?

He's still not changed his name to Walter Mitty or Billy Bullshitter i see, sort it out Mods!

Perhaps we should have a vote on “bullshitter of the year” award?

Come on Nat get it sorted love! Very Happy
No point - Sluffy wins it hands down if just for quantity rather than quality.  Very Happy

791 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Fri Jun 01 2018, 16:51

Hipster_Nebula

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Bogdan is still here according to the Bolton nuts squad page.

792 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Sat Jun 02 2018, 10:49

Sluffy

avatar
Admin
Tweet from Nixon from yesterday -

Bolton. Parkinson will be allowed to offer a decent wage to a new striker. But he will have to be a free. Or a loan.

793 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Sat Jun 02 2018, 11:28

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Tweet from Nixon from yesterday -

Bolton. Parkinson will be allowed to offer a decent wage to a new striker. But he will have to be a free. Or a loan.


Embarrassing tweet.

794 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Sat Jun 02 2018, 11:31

T.R.O.Y


Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
About as ITK as the rest of us.

795 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Sat Jun 02 2018, 11:35

MartinBWFC

avatar
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Tweet from Nixon from yesterday -

Bolton. Parkinson will be allowed to offer a decent wage to a new striker. But he will have to be a free. Or a loan.

It'll be Madine on loan ITK fact.

796 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Sat Jun 02 2018, 14:59

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
So to sum up, it doesn't look like we're getting new owners, investors or manager after all so we're heading into another summer of barrel-scraping. Disappointed Boggers.

797 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Sun Jun 03 2018, 22:25

Sluffy

avatar
Admin
Tweet from Iles -

In tomorrow's paper - our Retro Wanderers pull-out including an interview with @SamSambo8 on his amazing #bwfc 2006 debut, a run down on how the hit parade has affected Burnden/Reebok/Macron + loads more.
Oh, and a transfer update on a top target.

798 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Tue Jun 05 2018, 10:35

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Noticed that Michiel Kramer has gone to Maccabi Haifa on a free. Thought he would have been a good fit for parky's style.

799 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Tue Jun 05 2018, 19:02

Sluffy

avatar
Admin
Wilbraham to be resigned?

Tweet to Iles in the last hour - What about Wilbraham?

Iles - Will be resolved very soon.

800 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Wed Jun 06 2018, 20:48

Boggersbelief

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Nadir Ciftci to be announced on Friday.

801 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Wed Jun 06 2018, 21:03

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Nadir Ciftci to be announced on Friday.

You can do better Boggers, you just saw he'd left Celtic on the BBC website.

802 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Fri Jun 08 2018, 00:09

luckyPeterpiper

avatar
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
I think we're not going to see more than two new faces this summer at most. One will likely be a striker  since it seems ALF is the only recognised one left but in truth I doubt we'll get anyone great or even really good. That's not a moan by the way, it's simply based on what the club's financial situation seems to be and dictate. Personally I would like to be wrong and see four or five really good strengthening signings come in but in truth I can't see it happening that way.

803 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Fri Jun 08 2018, 01:02

Sluffy

avatar
Admin
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I think we're not going to see more than two new faces this summer at most. One will likely be a striker  since it seems ALF is the only recognised one left but in truth I doubt we'll get anyone great or even really good. That's not a moan by the way, it's simply based on what the club's financial situation seems to be and dictate. Personally I would like to be wrong and see four or five really good strengthening signings come in but in truth I can't see it happening that way.


Just on numbers alone we are going to have to get a few more than just two new faces Peter.

We've only two centre backs and we will need at least a minimum of two more to cover for injury, suspension loss of form, giving others a rest cup games, etc.

We will need at least an understudy keeper as Mr Anderson said in his notes today (well yesterday now) that he expects Amos and our youngster to go out on loan.

We don't have a defensive midfielder (unless you consider Vela to be one - and I don't) so again you are going to need at least two players that can play there in order to get through the season.

With Henry, Pratley, Derik and Karacan going we are definitely going to need midfield replacements - and of course we need at least two strikers if we assume ALF and Hall are to similar (and small) to play in the same side together.

We might, fingers crossed get Robinson back, but if we don't we are going to need an extra left back also.

Ameobi and Morais we still don't know about and if they leave we are going to need to make the numbers up for them also.

I'm sure we've got loads of players already lined up and loans signings being arranged - so we'll probably end up closer to 12 new faces in the squad rather than just two!

804 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Fri Jun 08 2018, 08:53

Boggersbelief

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I think we're not going to see more than two new faces this summer at most. One will likely be a striker  since it seems ALF is the only recognised one left but in truth I doubt we'll get anyone great or even really good. That's not a moan by the way, it's simply based on what the club's financial situation seems to be and dictate. Personally I would like to be wrong and see four or five really good strengthening signings come in but in truth I can't see it happening that way.
Oh God. He's back

805 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Fri Jun 08 2018, 19:47

wessy

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I think we're not going to see more than two new faces this summer at most. One will likely be a striker  since it seems ALF is the only recognised one left but in truth I doubt we'll get anyone great or even really good. That's not a moan by the way, it's simply based on what the club's financial situation seems to be and dictate. Personally I would like to be wrong and see four or five really good strengthening signings come in but in truth I can't see it happening that way.
Peter that really isn't the most thought out post, we need at least 10 new faces. First one in today If you're right we might as well just get relegated in August.

806 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Sat Jun 09 2018, 12:57

luckyPeterpiper

avatar
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
Perhaps I should have been a bit more careful in thinking that one through. D'oh! Actually, I think we won't see more than two permanent signings but of course everyone else is right about the numbers we simply have to have. I think that will mean 5,6 or maybe even more loan players, most likely very young ones who won't be on big wages. I really, really am not being pessimistic or negative about this, I believe it's simply going to be necessary to do it this way from a financial standpoint but it actually could be incredibly beneficial on the pitch. If we're allowed half a dozen young, hungry prospects on a season long deal then it could well be a huge boost to both our fortunes and the on field results.

On a side note, I read a player called Flanagan has been released by his parent club but is currently with us on loan. Since I really didn't catch much football at all in the second half of the season I have to ask the rest of you is he any good and would he be worth signing on a free as a punt?

807 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Sat Jun 09 2018, 13:03

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:On a side note, I read a player called Flanagan has been released by his parent club but is currently with us on loan. Since I really didn't catch much football at all in the second half of the season I have to ask the rest of you is he any good and would he be worth signing on a free as a punt?

Terrible, absolutely terrible.

If we sign him you won't see me at the Macron next season.

808 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Sat Jun 09 2018, 13:13

Sluffy

avatar
Admin
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Perhaps I should have been a bit more careful in thinking that one through. D'oh! Actually, I think we won't see more than two permanent signings but of course everyone else is right about the numbers we simply have to have. I think that will mean 5,6 or maybe even more loan players, most likely very young ones who won't be on big wages. I really, really am not being pessimistic or negative about this, I believe it's simply going to be necessary to do it this way from a financial standpoint but it actually could be incredibly beneficial on the pitch. If we're allowed half a dozen young, hungry prospects on a season long deal then it could well be a huge boost to both our fortunes and the on field results.

On a side note, I read a player called Flanagan has been released by his parent club but is currently with us on loan. Since I really didn't catch much football at all in the second half of the season I have to ask the rest of you is he any good and would he be worth signing on a free as a punt?

Flanagan's loan with us is up.

He plays right back and was good enough to play for England a couple of years ago.

Unfortunately he is obviously a cnut because he beat up his girl friend in public a year or so ago (with a court case and all that following) and his career has gone down hill since - clearly Liverpool don't want him as I believe he's been released with still a year on his contract to go - if so they've paid him off.

I've never seen him play but I guess the money he is used to and the skills he clearly had would mean richer clubs than us would probably be his destination.

As for loan players Peter, don't forget clubs are limited to five I think(?) who can be named in a match day squad - to prevent teams from not signing players themselves.

I think we will sign (rather than loan) a few more than just the two players you think.

Time will tell anyway.

809 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Sat Jun 09 2018, 13:15

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:On a side note, I read a player called Flanagan has been released by his parent club but is currently with us on loan. Since I really didn't catch much football at all in the second half of the season I have to ask the rest of you is he any good and would he be worth signing on a free as a punt?

Terrible, absolutely terrible.

If we sign him you won't see me at the Macron next season.

Very poor,although he did produce a remarkable header off the line to keep Villa out during our 1-0 victory. He'd be just about passable in League 1.

810 Re: Transfer rumours ! on Sat Jun 09 2018, 13:27

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I thought Flanagan was a disappointment possibly due to not being fully fit because he has a lot more talent than he showed for us last season. If class is permanent, he is still some way off finding himself.

Back to top  Message [Page 27 of 34]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 30 ... 34  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum