Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OFFICIAL - Embargo lifted!

+10
MartinBWFC
Bollotom2014
Cajunboy
karlypants
Natasha Whittam
boltonbonce
Norpig
Kane57
wanderlust
BoltonTillIDie
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

31OFFICIAL - Embargo lifted! - Page 3 Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Embargo lifted! Thu Sep 14 2017, 16:06

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A note from the Chairman - Transfer embargo update
As mentioned in one of my recent notes, I have been in discussions with the EFL about the transfer embargo.
I am delighted to be able to tell you all that we are now out of the transfer embargo. 
We will now be able to register several of our existing players and I am pleased to tell you that Jeff King and Alex Perry will be the first to be registered so that they are now available for future selection in the First Team.
I feel sure that other promising players will soon join them. As has been widely reported a number of 'Free Agent' players are currently training with us, with a view to getting a contract. 
I would like to thank you all for the patience you have shown during this time. The situation has taken far longer to rectify than I had imagined, largely due to the much-publicised ownership situation which has thankfully now been resolved.
This is another positive step in the right direction and I trust that you will all continue to get behind Phil Parkinson, his staff and the players for the remainder of the campaign.
Kind regards,
Ken

32OFFICIAL - Embargo lifted! - Page 3 Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Embargo lifted! Thu Sep 14 2017, 16:26

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

some good news at last  Very Happy

33OFFICIAL - Embargo lifted! - Page 3 Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Embargo lifted! Thu Sep 14 2017, 16:42

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Well done KA, let's stop fucking about with other teams youngsters on loan and promote some of our own.

34OFFICIAL - Embargo lifted! - Page 3 Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Embargo lifted! Thu Sep 14 2017, 16:52

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Well the following free agents are ones I'd take a look at, Mulumbu, Bassong, Ledley and Commons.

35OFFICIAL - Embargo lifted! - Page 3 Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Embargo lifted! Thu Sep 14 2017, 16:58

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
karlypants wrote:Breaking News: We have signed Ngog again!!!
Breaking News: We haven't.
Rolling Eyes

36OFFICIAL - Embargo lifted! - Page 3 Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Embargo lifted! Thu Sep 14 2017, 16:59

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

About time as well! Very Happy

37OFFICIAL - Embargo lifted! - Page 3 Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Embargo lifted! Thu Sep 14 2017, 17:15

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I haven't been this underwhelmed since Cecil dropped his keks for the first time.

38OFFICIAL - Embargo lifted! - Page 3 Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Embargo lifted! Thu Sep 14 2017, 17:15

Great news.  Well done KA.  *awaits theories and stories* :whistle:

39OFFICIAL - Embargo lifted! - Page 3 Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Embargo lifted! Thu Sep 14 2017, 17:16

Natasha Whittam wrote:I haven't been this underwhelmed since Cecil dropped his keks for the first time.
Smaller than yours then?

40OFFICIAL - Embargo lifted! - Page 3 Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Embargo lifted! Thu Sep 14 2017, 17:17

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

y2johnny wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:I haven't been this underwhelmed since Cecil dropped his keks for the first time.
Smaller than yours then?
Very Happy

41OFFICIAL - Embargo lifted! - Page 3 Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Embargo lifted! Thu Sep 14 2017, 17:20

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:Smaller than yours then?

I don't get it.

42OFFICIAL - Embargo lifted! - Page 3 Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Embargo lifted! Thu Sep 14 2017, 17:45

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:
y2johnny wrote:Smaller than yours then?

I don't get it.
Not smaller than the one on her head. That one is massive! Razz

43OFFICIAL - Embargo lifted! - Page 3 Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Embargo lifted! Thu Sep 14 2017, 17:54

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:
Smaller than yours then?
:rofl:

44OFFICIAL - Embargo lifted! - Page 3 Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Embargo lifted! Thu Sep 14 2017, 18:44

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Iles rewrite of Anderson's announcement -

Bolton Wanderers Football Club emerge from EFL transfer embargo after 630 days

BOLTON Wanderers have officially emerged from an EFL transfer embargo after 630 days.
The sanctions, which had been in place since Christmas Eve, 2015, prevented the club from paying fees for loans or permanent deals, restricted the squad to 24 professional players and also limited wages which could be offered to free agents to £4,500.
The embargo was enforced at the height of Wanderers’ financial crisis when they were unable to submit a return for Financial Fair Play. It has since emerged the special measures implemented by the EFL also covered other aspects of the club’s financial management, including a suitable business plan, submitted accounts and proof of funds.

It is understood that while the Whites have technically come out of embargo, the EFL will be insisting various financial criteria are met to allow the club to operate freely.
Revealing the news this afternoon, Wanderers chairman Ken Anderson said: “We are really pleased that the EFL has given us the go-ahead to come out of the transfer embargo.
“I would like to thank all the Bolton Wanderers supporters for their patience they have shown during this time. The situation has taken far longer to rectify than I had imagined, largely due to the much-publicised ownership situation which has thankfully now been resolved.
“This is another positive step in the right direction and I trust that everyone will all continue to get behind Phil Parkinson, his staff and his players for the remainder of the campaign.
“No further comments will be made at this time.”
Although the transfer window is now closed, the short-term benefits to the Whites are that they will be free to promote young professionals such as Jake Turner, Alex Perry and Jeff King to the first team.
They are also able to buy free agents – and have been strongly linked with ex-Arsenal striker Julio Baptista and former player Joey O’Brien

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

45OFFICIAL - Embargo lifted! - Page 3 Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Embargo lifted! Thu Sep 14 2017, 19:04

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Well this is a shocker ......  this potentially could save our season if we can get some bodies in pronto.  We don't have to be world beaters but just enough to get on top of the Brentfords of this division.
A point this weekend will do us a world of good on top of this good news.

46OFFICIAL - Embargo lifted! - Page 3 Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Embargo lifted! Thu Sep 14 2017, 19:46

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Great news two years in the making.

Time for quality reinforcements. Some decent freebies out there if we could afford them.

Have written about a few here - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

47OFFICIAL - Embargo lifted! - Page 3 Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Embargo lifted! Thu Sep 14 2017, 19:58

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Kane57 wrote:Great news two years in the making.

Time for quality reinforcements. Some decent freebies out there if we could afford them.

Have written about a few here - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Out of your list I'd take Ledley and a punt on Lambert.

48OFFICIAL - Embargo lifted! - Page 3 Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Embargo lifted! Thu Sep 14 2017, 20:01

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:
Kane57 wrote:Great news two years in the making.

Out of your list I'd take Ledley and a punt on Lambert.
But would they take a punt on us?

49OFFICIAL - Embargo lifted! - Page 3 Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Embargo lifted! Thu Sep 14 2017, 20:07

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Great news at a time when good news is at a premium. At least we can only go upwards in this league. should be interesting the next couple of weeks.

50OFFICIAL - Embargo lifted! - Page 3 Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Embargo lifted! Thu Sep 14 2017, 20:09

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

To be honest I think all of them are better than what we have. Lambert was a quality striker, difficult to determine how crap he's become, but definitely worth a punt.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum