Bolton Wanderers Fans Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » Should Parkinson Be Sacked?

Should Parkinson Be Sacked?

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Should Parky Get His P45?

58% 58% [ 19 ]
42% 42% [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 33

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1 Should Parkinson Be Sacked? on Sat Sep 16 2017, 18:24

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Did a decent job last season, but he's managed in the Championship twice before and both times it ended in disaster.

We've no cash obviously, but is that enough of an excuse? Parky doesn't seem to know what his best team is or what tactics to play. And the players he's signed have all been extremely poor.

Many say we gave Neil Lennon too long and the damage was already done when he was given the push, so shouldn't Ken be brave and get shut right now?

2 Re: Should Parkinson Be Sacked? on Sat Sep 16 2017, 18:52

Fabians Right Peg

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
got to go for me, stuck in his ways, to defensive, 5 at the back with a squad full of wingers.

Not getting the best from the likes of Morais and buckley by playing them too central.

Think he will get another month or two, but I don't expect any changes or improvement.

3 Re: Should Parkinson Be Sacked? on Sat Sep 16 2017, 18:52

MartinBWFC

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Redknapp been sacked by Birmingham, Parkinson has a worse record, can't be long.

4 Re: Should Parkinson Be Sacked? on Sat Sep 16 2017, 18:56

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Not looking good. A win against Brentford would only delay the inevitable.

Thanks Parky,but time to go.

5 Re: Should Parkinson Be Sacked? on Sat Sep 16 2017, 19:23

gloswhite

Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
Just a tad early I think. However, I'm a bit concerned that he seems to be going through a stage of not knowing who his best players are, their best positions, and the inability to get the lazy buggers pulling together. (We were warned by supporters of his last team that he was too defensive).
Personally, I feel that when you have a carthorse in front of goal, no matter how good it looks, if it only scores when the ball bounces off its arse, then its time to reconsider the role.

6 Re: Should Parkinson Be Sacked? on Sat Sep 16 2017, 20:07

Time for BSA to come out of retirement

7 Re: Should Parkinson Be Sacked? on Sat Sep 16 2017, 20:12

MartinBWFC

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
y2johnny wrote:Time for BSA to come out of retirement
If only that could happen, we'd be heading in the right direction and send a message out to the rest of the league.

8 Re: Should Parkinson Be Sacked? on Sat Sep 16 2017, 20:18

To Be Frank

David Ngog
David Ngog
Put it this way if you were a new investor with £5m of your own money would you let Parky spend it considering his experience? No, I didn't think so. Let's get rid now.

Unfortunately we will be stuck at the bottom of the league for quite a while before Ken sees sense, there's the two year contract he'd have to pay off to start with then the cost of sacking and re-employing coach staff etc.

In the real world we will get relegated and parky will be the very chap to bring us back up. (boing)

9 Re: Should Parkinson Be Sacked? on Sat Sep 16 2017, 20:24

Bollotom2014

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Either BSA or our 'Arry Redknap just been fired by Brum. Apart from that couple there's not too many damagers available.

10 Re: Should Parkinson Be Sacked? on Sat Sep 16 2017, 20:27

Fabians Right Peg

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
like to see Uwe Rossler, I have seen Fleetwood play three times against us and they are a great footballing side, we would definitely see some passing football.

11 Re: Should Parkinson Be Sacked? on Sat Sep 16 2017, 20:28

MartinBWFC

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Fabians Right Peg wrote:like to see Uwe Rossler, I have seen Fleetwood play three times against us and they are a great footballing side, we would definitely see some passing football.
Good shout, would cost us compo though, not sure Ken would stretch to that.

12 Re: Should Parkinson Be Sacked? on Sat Sep 16 2017, 20:37

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Get rid of the clown.

13 Re: Should Parkinson Be Sacked? on Sat Sep 16 2017, 20:39

Fabians Right Peg

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
karlypants wrote:Get rid of the clown.
Need a separate thread for Pratley.

14 Re: Should Parkinson Be Sacked? on Sat Sep 16 2017, 20:47

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Forget BSA. He was on TalkSport last week,and the idea was aired that he make a return.

It was a non starter.

15 Re: Should Parkinson Be Sacked? on Sun Sep 17 2017, 10:13

Leeds_Trotter

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Bollotom2014 wrote:Either BSA or our 'Arry Redknap just been fired by Brum. Apart from that couple there's not too many damagers available.
You can't be serious surely? We are just getting to grips with our debt and you want Redknapp to come in and spunk a load of money away we haven't got? No thank you, I'd rather have a wank using sandpaper than let him anywhere near my club.

Last edited by Leeds_Trotter on Sun Sep 17 2017, 10:19; edited 1 time in total

16 Re: Should Parkinson Be Sacked? on Sun Sep 17 2017, 10:16

Jack Russell

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt
Parky won't walk, he will want his pay day for sure.

17 Re: Should Parkinson Be Sacked? on Sun Sep 17 2017, 10:37

bryan458

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
no good will come of clinging on to a lost cause ok at league 1 but now out of his depth and his recruitment is similar to Smegsons 25 left backs Mad Mad

18 Re: Should Parkinson Be Sacked? on Sun Sep 17 2017, 10:55

Bollotom2014

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Leeds_Trotter wrote:
Bollotom2014 wrote:Either BSA or our 'Arry Redknap just been fired by Brum. Apart from that couple there's not too many damagers available.
You can't be serious surely? We are just getting to grips with our debt and you want Redknapp to come in and spunk a load of money away we haven't got? No thank you, I'd rather have a wank using sandpaper than let him anywhere near my club.

Should have perhaps put a smiley in there.  Twisted Evil Cool

19 Re: Should Parkinson Be Sacked? on Sun Sep 17 2017, 12:04

Norpig

John McGinlay
John McGinlay
The problem is who can come in and change it? You can't polish a turd and we have more than Battersea Dogs Home at the moment.

Someone could possibly come in and have the usual raise their games for a few weeks but the reality is the squad just isn't good enough.

20 Re: Should Parkinson Be Sacked? on Sun Sep 17 2017, 12:12

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Norpig wrote:The problem is who can come in and change it? You can't polish a turd and we have more than Battersea Dogs Home at the moment.

Someone could possibly come in and have the usual raise their games for a few weeks but the reality is the squad just isn't good enough.

The squad isn't good enough, but if the players gave more we'd have half a chance of staying up with the right manager.

We need someone who can motivate these bellends instead of praising them after every defeat.

21 Re: Should Parkinson Be Sacked? on Sun Sep 17 2017, 12:16

To Be Frank

David Ngog
David Ngog
If you were Big Sam and got a phone call from Anderson would you do it? Maybe Sam would take the job on (admittedly) next to nothing wages, but he has a score to settle with Bolton. You could offer him the England job for no pay and he'd take it, and I believe he'd do the same for bwfc if opportunity arises.

I know, I know... where's the nurse with my medication!

22 Re: Should Parkinson Be Sacked? on Sun Sep 17 2017, 12:35

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
To Be Frank wrote:If you were Big Sam and got a phone call from Anderson would you do it? Maybe Sam would take the job on (admittedly) next to nothing wages, but he has a score to settle with Bolton. You could offer him the England job for no pay and he'd take it, and I believe he'd do the same for bwfc if opportunity arises.

I know, I know... where's the nurse with my medication!

I reckon if Ken went to Allardyce and asked him to manage us just until the end of the season, he'd go for it. The man has a huge ego, and what better way to feed that ego than to rescue us from certain relegation.

He still owes me a hotdog mind.

23 Re: Should Parkinson Be Sacked? on Sun Sep 17 2017, 12:44

MartinBWFC

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Here's a thought, what about Kevin Nolan doing great at Notts County, and look what happened the last time we got an old boy from them.

24 Re: Should Parkinson Be Sacked? on Sun Sep 17 2017, 12:48

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Natasha Whittam wrote:
Norpig wrote:The problem is who can come in and change it? You can't polish a turd and we have more than Battersea Dogs Home at the moment.

The squad isn't good enough, but if the players gave more we'd have half a chance of staying up with the right manager.

We need someone who can motivate these bellends instead of praising them after every defeat.

I hate to agree with Nat again, but we have no captain on the pitch. Missing Spearing in that sense... but who is the inspirational leader we need?

25 Re: Should Parkinson Be Sacked? on Sun Sep 17 2017, 12:58

MartinBWFC

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Joe Ledley is a free agent and would be a fantastic leader on the pitch, also Ricky Lambert would score for fun at this level, not sure Parkinson could get the best out of them though.

26 Re: Should Parkinson Be Sacked? on Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:18

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
MartinBWFC wrote:Here's a thought, what about Kevin Nolan doing great at Notts County, and look what happened the last time we got an old boy from them.

He was terrible at Leyton Orient, so this would be a massive risk. But he's probably better than our entire midfield even though he must be 70 by now.

27 Re: Should Parkinson Be Sacked? on Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:52

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
It's a complex issue because I don't think that Anderson has replacing Parky anywhere in his business plan or financial provision to do it. Add to that no money to buy new players with or without an embargo and although there might be some fiddling about in the January window it seems we are basically stuck with the manager and players we have.

Did anyone expect anything else?
I thought Anderson had made it clear from the off that we are in for a few years of austerity, so why is anyone getting huffy when we lose to a team pushing for promotion?.

What is in our control are the systems Parky employs and unfortunately after a poor start he seems to be reacting rather than being proactive and theoretical rather than realistic in his set ups.
For example it makes some sense to have a back 5 in a tough away game when you've been shipping goals as we have, but if you're going to play that way and still have a decent chance of scoring at the other end you either need box to box players who can get forward to support the attack in numbers or lightning quick forwards who can break and finish incisively - or both. We don't and it showed yesterday whenever we found space as the player in possession inevitably ended up dawdling whilst the rest of the team caught up (and their defence got back!) We were very one dimensional, predictable, slow in the build up but our defence made Ipswich look nothing special for most of the game  it's just that we had nothing to unpick defences with other than floating balls into a packed area and hoping one of our lads could get on the end of it. Vela can do a job in that system when he gets back but apart from that Parky's options are limited with this squad but I think if Parky had done anything other than go with a back five in yesterday's game we'd have been mullered by a cricket score and he should use it again in away games against top sides  but preferably when Vela is back and some instructions to cross to feet and put the ball in early occasionally.

This season was always about trying to survive on a shoestring budget and as it stands we are only a couple of wins away from safety, but rather than burdening the club with even more cost for now I think we should see if Parky can come up with a way of beating Brentford on Saturday rather than judge him and the squad on their performances against the top half sides. I have a feeling that if we can get 3 against Brentford, maybe buy a couple of players and get Vela back and firing we might just scrape survival - which after all is the objective.

28 Re: Should Parkinson Be Sacked? on Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:57

Jingizu99

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel
I don't do management sacking bandwagons, but 8 games in with only 2 draws and 4 goals to show for it... I can't put any faith in him. I don't have my usual spark of hope anymore, I'm just resigned to losing any game we play. He did great under the pressure of an embargo to get us up and fair play there, but we appear to be lost so far. Can't help but think it's because he is lost.

29 Re: Should Parkinson Be Sacked? on Sun Sep 17 2017, 14:08

gloswhite

Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
I think your right 99. He doesn't seem to know how to cope with a faster, and more talented, league. Unfortunately, he's taking too long to sort himself out, and in the meantime, were getting deeper in the mire.

30 Re: Should Parkinson Be Sacked? on Sun Sep 17 2017, 14:20

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
wanderlust wrote:It's a complex issue because I don't think that Anderson has replacing Parky anywhere in his business plan or financial provision to do it.

People said that when Lennon was manager, but clubs will always find a way to get rid.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum