Bolton Wanderers Fans Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » Should Parkinson Be Sacked?

Should Parkinson Be Sacked?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Should Parky Get His P45?

63% 63% [ 15 ]
37% 37% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 24

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

31 Re: Should Parkinson Be Sacked? on Sun Sep 17 2017, 14:25

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:It's a complex issue because I don't think that Anderson has replacing Parky anywhere in his business plan or financial provision to do it.

People said that when Lennon was manager, but clubs will always find a way to get rid.
If they have money for that I would prefer they spent it on bolstering the squad with some quality and pace because yesterday that would have won us the game.

32 Re: Should Parkinson Be Sacked? on Sun Sep 17 2017, 15:28

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
wanderlust wrote:If they have money for that I would prefer they spent it on bolstering the squad with some quality and pace because yesterday that would have won us the game.

Isn't he on a 1 year rolling contract, I can't believe he's on massive money either.

Get rid of Parky and then sack Pratley or Karacan(t) for breach of contract. Then get Fat Sam or Micky Adams.

33 Re: Should Parkinson Be Sacked? on Sun Sep 17 2017, 15:34

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Sam won't come. I've told you.

34 Re: Should Parkinson Be Sacked? on Sun Sep 17 2017, 15:53

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
boltonbonce wrote:Sam won't come. I've told you.

Try wearing sexy lingerie Bonce.

35 Re: Should Parkinson Be Sacked? on Sun Sep 17 2017, 15:55

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Very Happy
It loses its effect the moment I put it on. I blame the slippers.

36 Re: Should Parkinson Be Sacked? on Sun Sep 17 2017, 16:20

doffcocker

avatar
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
Natasha Whittam wrote:
Many say we gave Neil Lennon too long and the damage was already done when he was given the push, so shouldn't Ken be brave and get shut right now?

I don't think anybody could say with absolute certainty we'd be in a worse position now had Lennon never left.

He didn't seem to struggle getting Hibs promoted - like us, big fish, small pond - and they're not yet struggling as such in the SPL.

I'm not saying we missed out parting with Lennon, clearly he was a disturbed individual and things had turned pretty toxic both on and off the pitch in the end. Either way, that's going off topic.

All I'll say is similar to what I said when the same was asked of Lennon. Whoever we can attract, the challenge remains the same.

The team certainly isn't better than it was two years ago, and God knows how far off we'll be from being a Championship standard side in another two years without a real bit of investment.

Parkinson is just a minor problem in my eyes, in the context of everything else that's going wrong at the club.

37 Re: Should Parkinson Be Sacked? on Sun Sep 17 2017, 17:20

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
doffcocker wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
Many say we gave Neil Lennon too long and the damage was already done when he was given the push, so shouldn't Ken be brave and get shut right now?

I don't think anybody could say with absolute certainty we'd be in a worse position now had Lennon never left.

He didn't seem to struggle getting Hibs promoted - like us, big fish, small pond - and they're not yet struggling as such in the SPL.

I'm not saying we missed out parting with Lennon, clearly he was a disturbed individual and things had turned pretty toxic both on and off the pitch in the end. Either way, that's going off topic.

All I'll say is similar to what I said when the same was asked of Lennon. Whoever we can attract, the challenge remains the same.

The team certainly isn't better than it was two years ago, and God knows how far off we'll be from being a Championship standard side in another two years without a real bit of investment.

Parkinson is just a minor problem in my eyes, in the context of everything else that's going wrong at the club.
Well put. We are still a very long way from financial stability and that is Anderson's focus as it theoretically benefits the club as well as his own cashout position, so we can't really expect any serious investment any time soon and will have to make do and accept our situaition in the interim.

38 Re: Should Parkinson Be Sacked? Yesterday at 13:46

terenceanne

avatar
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
I'm 50/50 on it.....Although not a big fan of parky I can't see anybody else doing anything with this shower. If parky had spent millions and we were in this position then yes he can be judged but no money and all freebies...this is what you get. Will he have any money in the near future....doesn't seem so. 
is it too soon to say that the match against Brentford is the game of the season for us?

Shouting at a donkey doesn't make it run faster....it's still a donkey.

39 Re: Should Parkinson Be Sacked? Yesterday at 13:48

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
terenceanne wrote:Shouting at a donkey doesn't make it run faster....it's still a donkey.

Actually it does. I tried it on St Ives beach when I was a kid.

40 Re: Should Parkinson Be Sacked? Yesterday at 14:04

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
terenceanne wrote: 
is it too soon to say that the match against Brentford is the game of the season for us?
A very good question. Parky has said that we're in a mini-league and Brentford are firmly in it. It's not just a matter of getting points on the board but it's also key to confidence and if Brentford were to win at our ground it would be a massive setback in every sense.
We're away at Bristol City and then Villa after that and we definitely can't count on points at either of those two so IMO it's essential we win this one.
I'm assuming that Parky will set his stall out to get further up the pitch than we did on Saturday so I guess it's likely to come down to finding goals from somewhere - whilst not giving anything stupid away at the back. We haven't got a point since drawing with struggling Brum over month ago so it really is time to step up now. I can handle losing away to quality teams but a home tie against fellow strugglers? These are the games we have to win if we're going to survive.

41 Re: Should Parkinson Be Sacked? Yesterday at 16:22

terenceanne

avatar
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
wanderlust wrote:
terenceanne wrote: 
is it too soon to say that the match against Brentford is the game of the season for us?
A very good question. Parky has said that we're in a mini-league and Brentford are firmly in it. It's not just a matter of getting points on the board but it's also key to confidence and if Brentford were to win at our ground it would be a massive setback in every sense.
We're away at Bristol City and then Villa after that and we definitely can't count on points at either of those two so IMO it's essential we win this one.
I'm assuming that Parky will set his stall out to get further up the pitch than we did on Saturday so I guess it's likely to come down to finding goals from somewhere - whilst not giving anything stupid away at the back. We haven't got a point since drawing with struggling Brum over month ago so it really is time to step up now. I can handle losing away to quality teams but a home tie against fellow strugglers? These are the games we have to win if we're going to survive.

We are adrift already .....even 3 points against Brentford will still leave us in the bottom three......so in my head its a must win.  Figure nothing in the next two away games so these three points are vital IMO.

42 Ok enough is enough Today at 23:03

MartinBWFC

avatar
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
I didn't expect much tonight result wise, but the fact we created NOTHING again speaks volumes, I am sick and tired of Parkinsons team selections and tactics, don't give me this hands are tied bullshit, he had a full pre season to recruit, and he fucked that up royally, he has an average CV hopefully that will get him a job in Scottish football, just fuck off from English football

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum