Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bellew vs Haye II

+4
y2johnny
Norpig
Angry Dad
BoltonTillIDie
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bellew vs Haye II Empty Bellew vs Haye II Fri Sep 29 2017, 12:25

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Rematch between Tony Bellew and David Haye to be shown live on Sky Sports Box Office

Bitter heavyweight rivals Tony Bellew and David Haye will meet again, live on Sky Sports Box Office, on December 17.

The pair go back to the O2, London, for a Sunday night spectacular after their memorable meeting back in March, when 'Bomber' shocked the boxing world with a TKO win.

Haye picked up an Achilles injury midway through the fight but, following a successful operation, the former two-weight world champion has revenge on his mind.

Bellew has given up his WBC cruiserweight title to remain in the blue riband division and knows another win over 'Hayemaker' will open even more doors.

Tony Bellew said: "I will have the exact same attitude I had going into the first fight - win at all costs. I will be victorious on December 17 and I will end David Haye's career. Another loss to me closes the curtain on the Hayemaker.

"This isn't personal anymore, it's strictly business. This is just another fight. My world has been put into perspective in the last four weeks, it's been the toughest four weeks of my family's lives and I will dedicate my victory on December 17 to my late brother-in-law.

He [Haye] knows how the first fight went. After five rounds, I had him 3-2 up - my plan was never to start strong, as David is a front-runner. He's dangerous early but he tires quickly and he doesn't get stronger down the stretch. He's another year older, the body is more worn and he won't be able to live with a younger, fresher and more active fighter. He just can't sustain the tempo and pace once we go past three or four rounds.

"It's a very dangerous fight but I am looking forward to it. I love The O2 and I wanted the fight to be there. I call the shots this time."

Haye said: "I'm excited to give the public the rematch they truly crave, ever since the explosive first showdown earlier this year.

"On March 4, the script was thrown out the window and the unpredictability of sport revealed itself in its most raw form. Without question, 'The Bomber' showed great heart, grit and determination to weather the early storm. Credit to him, that he's willing to step back into the lion's den and do it all over again.

"He somehow won the lottery in our first fight, but believe me, he won't win the lottery twice.

"I've been training every day for over six months. I already feel fitter, stronger and more athletic than I did for our first showdown! On December 17, I will relish the opportunity to re-write the ending of the Haye-Bellew story."

Sky Sports Head of Boxing, Adam Smith, said: "It's a rematch which should provide everything - a fiery build-up, compelling action mixed with an uncertain, unpredictable outcome.

"Will Bellew be able to dig that deep a second time and prevail as an underdog again? Can Haye's body hold up, having shaken off any physical and mental scars to surely come in lighter and faster? It's the ultimate battle - repeat or revenge?

"We cannot wait to provide all the twists and turns in and out of the ring on Sky - enjoy the crazy ride!"

The rematch caps a brilliant year of boxing on Sky Sports and Sky Sports Box Office, that has included Anthony Joshua's historic Wembley Stadium win over Wladimir Klitschko, Floyd Mayweather's cross-code event with Conor McGregor and the pound-for-pound battle between Andre Ward and Sergey Kovalev.

http://www.skysports.com/boxing/news/12183/11057767/bellew-vs-haye-ii-rematch-between-tony-bellew-and-david-haye-to-be-shown-live-on-sky-sports-box-office

2Bellew vs Haye II Empty Re: Bellew vs Haye II Thu May 03 2018, 11:45

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Anyone else want to see Bellew sparked out on saturday? see that twat Hearn eat crud? i thought i'd never hate a fighter more than George Groves but i love the guy compared to Bellew.

3Bellew vs Haye II Empty Re: Bellew vs Haye II Thu May 03 2018, 12:07

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I actually like Bellew, he does a lot of commentating on sky boxing as well now and is very good at it.
Don't think i'll be paying for it though, not worth the money in my opinion.

4Bellew vs Haye II Empty Re: Bellew vs Haye II Thu May 03 2018, 12:33

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I cant stand bellew.  Hes even tried to adopt hayes personality to try and make him self more popular and funny. Not that haye is that funny to begin with.

5Bellew vs Haye II Empty Re: Bellew vs Haye II Thu May 03 2018, 12:59

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

6Bellew vs Haye II Empty Re: Bellew vs Haye II Thu May 03 2018, 17:40

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think Haye will win the rematch. His leg injury in the last night cost him dear.

7Bellew vs Haye II Empty Re: Bellew vs Haye II Thu May 03 2018, 17:46

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I agree

8Bellew vs Haye II Empty Re: Bellew vs Haye II Sat May 05 2018, 23:00

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Haye made to look a right mug.

9Bellew vs Haye II Empty Re: Bellew vs Haye II Sat May 05 2018, 23:22

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Haye made to look a right mug.
He must be feeling very silly right now.

10Bellew vs Haye II Empty Re: Bellew vs Haye II Sun May 06 2018, 00:40

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Why is he a mug , he's far from it, he's a shot fighter that deliberately conned the public and his own fans into paying out their hard earned money for one last big pay day. He knew he was done before the first fight and he was still injured leg wise going into this one. Mug no fucking way.

11Bellew vs Haye II Empty Re: Bellew vs Haye II Sun May 06 2018, 00:43

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Bonce he's not feeling silly he is feeling very pleased with the millions he's just stolen from all the real mugs.

12Bellew vs Haye II Empty Re: Bellew vs Haye II Sun May 06 2018, 09:01

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote:Bonce he's not feeling silly he is feeling very pleased with the millions he's just stolen from all the real mugs.
I wouldn't pay to watch it. Two second raters. You can earn as much as you like,but a mug is a mug.

13Bellew vs Haye II Empty Re: Bellew vs Haye II Sun May 06 2018, 10:19

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

boltonbonce wrote:
Angry Dad wrote:Bonce he's not feeling silly he is feeling very pleased with the millions he's just stolen from all the real mugs.
I wouldn't pay to watch it. Two second raters. You can earn as much as you like,but a mug is a mug.
You're not making sense how is he a mug? and that promoter knew what was going down 100% that's why he was gobbing it that bellew would win he's a fucking conman too. They all knew Haye was fucked injury wise but they still played it out, it was a set up to fleece the fans hearn is scum. No way is he letting Joshua go to America to fight Wilder where he has no control. Haye is scum for doing that but you cant blame him for going for the money he doesn't care about the loss on his record he's got the money but i doubt he has any fans left now.

14Bellew vs Haye II Empty Re: Bellew vs Haye II Tue May 08 2018, 10:03

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well i wasn't go to pay for this, but caved in at the last minute. Glad to see Bellew win, thought he was excellent. Haye needs to retire i'm afraid.

15Bellew vs Haye II Empty Re: Bellew vs Haye II Tue May 08 2018, 10:31

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Well i wasn't go to pay for this, but caved in at the last minute. Glad to see Bellew win, thought he was excellent. Haye needs to retire i'm afraid.

I think that was Hayes final payday as a pugilist.

16Bellew vs Haye II Empty Re: Bellew vs Haye II Tue May 08 2018, 10:50

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

From a boxing perspective, that fight should never have taken place, but Barry Hearn made it into something that people would pay for by careful media management.

17Bellew vs Haye II Empty Re: Bellew vs Haye II Tue May 08 2018, 13:12

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

That's one way of putting it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum