Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What's Happenned to Mark Davies

+3
Natasha Whittam
wanderlust
Wanderers for 45
7 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What's Happenned to Mark Davies Empty What's Happenned to Mark Davies Fri Sep 29 2017, 16:34

Wanderers for 45

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

When looking at the side that went down with 30'points and our current crop of Relegation fodder,I got to thinking about Mark Davies.
As he's only 28 surely he isn't ready for retiring.Our most naturally gifted player ,sadly injured far too often.
Would like to see him back on a pay as you play contract. Also we've made you a millionaire for doing nothing.
Anyone know out.

2What's Happenned to Mark Davies Empty Re: What's Happenned to Mark Davies Fri Sep 29 2017, 16:45

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

His contract ran down in June but I read he was still injured and for some reason, was still receiving treatment at BWFC. 
What will happen when he is recovered is anyone's guess. Presumably he'll start training and get injured again.

3What's Happenned to Mark Davies Empty Re: What's Happenned to Mark Davies Fri Sep 29 2017, 17:03

Wanderers for 45

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

It's a shame that he was so injury prone.Would be ideal in midfield now .

4What's Happenned to Mark Davies Empty Re: What's Happenned to Mark Davies Fri Sep 29 2017, 17:21

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wanderers for 45 wrote:As he's only 28 surely he isn't ready for retiring.Our most naturally gifted player.

Gifted at what, because it certainly wasn't football.

5What's Happenned to Mark Davies Empty Re: What's Happenned to Mark Davies Fri Sep 29 2017, 17:54

Wanderers for 45

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Yes he was, he was one fine player on his day. Scored some great goals. Shame he was injured so much.
I think Natasha would argue with herself . I think she argues just for fun. God help her husband/ boyfriend/ girlfriend. It bothers me not her sexuality. But Mark Davies was one of our best midfielders in recent years.

6What's Happenned to Mark Davies Empty Re: What's Happenned to Mark Davies Fri Sep 29 2017, 17:59

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wanderers for 45 wrote:Yes he was, he was one fine player on his day.

His day was probably twice in his entire Bolton career. He was anonymous in the vast majority of games.

7What's Happenned to Mark Davies Empty Re: What's Happenned to Mark Davies Fri Sep 29 2017, 18:01

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Look at his record at Wolves before he joined us.

The writing was on the wall long before he kicked a ball for us.

We should never have wasted the cash on him.

8What's Happenned to Mark Davies Empty Re: What's Happenned to Mark Davies Fri Sep 29 2017, 18:46

Wanderers for 45

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

What writing was that. The fact is he was injury prone ( no one has a crystal ball) we tied him in to a long contract to keep what was a fine asset at the time.Mistakes such as Elmander only signed for 3 years instead of 5 was a waste of money.Owen Coyles signing of N'gog and Sordell was a waste of money and his tactical ineptitude still haunts the club tomorrow.
We are at Villa tomorrow I'd give Parky 5 games more.If he can't get it right by then he has to go.Id sign MD if fit on pay as you play contract at a heart beat. On much reduced terms obviously.

9What's Happenned to Mark Davies Empty Re: What's Happenned to Mark Davies Sat Sep 30 2017, 08:30

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I'd put him on payp terms too, he's a genuinely skillful player and if fit he'd walk into this team easily.

10What's Happenned to Mark Davies Empty Re: What's Happenned to Mark Davies Sat Sep 30 2017, 08:52

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:I'd put him on payp terms too, he's a genuinely skillful player and if fit he'd walk into this team easily.

Name me one game Mark Davies dominated the midfield. Any game, any competition.

He scored a great goal against Blackpool once, that's about all. I don't remember any games where he was the pick of the midfield.

11What's Happenned to Mark Davies Empty Re: What's Happenned to Mark Davies Sat Sep 30 2017, 14:04

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:I'd put him on payp terms too, he's a genuinely skillful player and if fit he'd walk into this team easily.

Name me one game Mark Davies dominated the midfield. Any game, any competition 
One thing he did bring to the party was the occasional run or killer pass that unnerves defenders and it could be argued he influenced the opposition both positionally and tactically without necessarily having the ball all the time.

Is that domination? He certainly was never a "midfield general" type of player but that doesn't mean he couldn't affect games. That said I think Vela has been more successful in defending, supporting attacks, linking play and scoring goals. Fact is that Vela has scored every 10 games for us whilst Mavies scored every 13 games albeit at a higher level for the most part and add to that the lengthy periods we have paid him to sit in the physio room and it's understandable why many fans don't rate him. 

But the right affordable contract that only pays out when he's fit and playing could provide options - but it would have to be the right contract.

12What's Happenned to Mark Davies Empty Re: What's Happenned to Mark Davies Sat Sep 30 2017, 14:18

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

Name me one game Mark Davies dominated the midfield. Any game, any competition 
One thing he did bring to the party was the occasional run or killer pass that unnerves defenders and it could be argued he influenced the opposition both positionally and tactically without necessarily having the ball all the time.

Is that domination? He certainly was never a "midfield general" type of player but that doesn't mean he couldn't affect games. That said I think Vela has been more successful in defending, supporting attacks, linking play and scoring goals. Fact is that Vela has scored every 10 games for us whilst Mavies scored every 13 games albeit at a higher level for the most part and add to that the lengthy periods we have paid him to sit in the physio room and it's understandable why many fans don't rate him. 

But the right affordable contract that only pays out when he's fit and playing could provide options - but it would have to be the right contract.
Nutters may wish to make note of the time and date because I completely agree with wanderlust. Smile

13What's Happenned to Mark Davies Empty Re: What's Happenned to Mark Davies Wed Oct 04 2017, 17:37

RustyNail

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

This thread shows what a desperate and dire situation we currently find ourselves in. Mark Davies shouldn't ever get within 10 yards of a Bolton Wanderers shirt again.

14What's Happenned to Mark Davies Empty Re: What's Happenned to Mark Davies Thu Oct 05 2017, 18:11

We dont need him.

15What's Happenned to Mark Davies Empty Re: What's Happenned to Mark Davies Thu Oct 05 2017, 18:41

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We do need someone though as this bunch of lemons are useless. Very Happy

16What's Happenned to Mark Davies Empty Re: What's Happenned to Mark Davies Thu Oct 05 2017, 18:48

I know i didnt see the game and only listened to it. But the result against villa away sounds promising. Again it may sound daft that one player can change a team but having henry and changing the formation is working.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum