Bolton Wanderers Fans Forum

Last Match: Leeds 2-1 Bolton
Next Match: Reading v Bolton - 18/08/2018 15:00
Adam Le Fondre Leaves Bolton (details)

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » Picking the best out of a bad bunch

Picking the best out of a bad bunch

Pick a manager

29% 29% [ 4 ]
7% 7% [ 1 ]
21% 21% [ 3 ]
43% 43% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 14

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Picking the best out of a bad bunch on Tue Oct 03 2017, 17:47

karlypants

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
If you could swap Parky for any of the recent managers in the poll who would you have?

Would you still stick with Parkinson?

2 Re: Picking the best out of a bad bunch on Tue Oct 03 2017, 17:55

Cajunboy

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
When we get relegated, he is the man to get us promotion to the Championship.

3 Re: Picking the best out of a bad bunch on Tue Oct 03 2017, 18:25

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
You left Megson out.

4 Re: Picking the best out of a bad bunch on Tue Oct 03 2017, 18:37

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
This is a bit like asking would you rather have sex with Bonce, Bread, KP or Norpig.

There is no good answer.

5 Re: Picking the best out of a bad bunch on Tue Oct 03 2017, 19:23

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:This is a bit like asking would you rather have sex with Bonce, Bread, KP or Norpig.

There is no good answer.
Razz
You cruel ,vicious bitch.

6 Re: Picking the best out of a bad bunch on Tue Oct 03 2017, 20:16

Guest


Guest
In all seriousness. If megson had been there that would of been my choice

7 Re: Picking the best out of a bad bunch on Tue Oct 03 2017, 20:40

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:In all seriousness.

I was serious. If you had to choose between these five would it be easy?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

L-R  Norpig, Bonce, KP, Bread and GlosWhite on the end.



Last edited by Natasha Whittam on Tue Oct 03 2017, 20:58; edited 1 time in total

8 Re: Picking the best out of a bad bunch on Tue Oct 03 2017, 20:45

Guest


Guest
It would be extremely hard to have to let one of them down.

9 Re: Picking the best out of a bad bunch on Tue Oct 03 2017, 20:47

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:It would be extremely hard

I'm sure it would.

10 Re: Picking the best out of a bad bunch on Tue Oct 03 2017, 20:49

Guest


Guest
@Natasha Whittam wrote:
@y2johnny wrote:It would be extremely hard

I'm sure it would.
 and yours wouldnt

11 Re: Picking the best out of a bad bunch on Tue Oct 03 2017, 21:15

boltonbonce

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I feel so cheap.

12 Re: Picking the best out of a bad bunch on Tue Oct 03 2017, 21:24

Fabians Right Peg

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I feel so cheap.
Not really a selling point, but worth a go Bonce, perhaps you should work on your advertising. Laughing

13 Re: Picking the best out of a bad bunch on Wed Oct 04 2017, 08:32

Norpig

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
i'll shag anything, i'm not fussy as you well know Nat. It was the most amazing yet degrading 2 minutes of my entire life.

14 Re: Picking the best out of a bad bunch on Wed Oct 04 2017, 11:13

karlypants

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Not sure what I have started here. Shocked

15 Re: Picking the best out of a bad bunch on Wed Oct 04 2017, 11:32

Norpig

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
you know the rules KP, all threads must descend to either bumchum or sex chat within 6 posts  Very Happy



Last edited by Norpig on Wed Oct 04 2017, 13:03; edited 1 time in total

16 Re: Picking the best out of a bad bunch on Wed Oct 04 2017, 12:05

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
All these managers had something else in common i.e. they came into a club which was spending beyond our means to buy success which after Allardyce was expected by the fans and as budgets started to tighten and the market for top players changed it became an increasingly difficult job. There's no way any of them could have picked up world class players any more so they had to gamble in the market with mixed results and a few good signings in amongst the dross.
Plus they didn't have the best of luck. Under Coyle we were relegated by the smallest of margins on the last day of the season after the 2-2 draw at Stoke - a game which we could have won.
Freedman narrowly missed out on the playoffs and was sacked the next season after a poor start. Similar story with Lennon who climbed the table and was then sacked for a poor start to the season against a background of players not getting paid.
I can only guess if we'd be in a better position now if any of them had stayed as I'm still undecided if they were bad managers or were merely working for a club in chaos and decline where despite the shenanigans going on off the pitch under Gartside were still expected to win on it.

17 Re: Picking the best out of a bad bunch on Wed Oct 04 2017, 13:36

karlypants

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:you know the rules KP, all threads must descend to either bumchum or sex chat within 6 posts  Very Happy
Fair point. Very Happy

18 Re: Picking the best out of a bad bunch on Wed Oct 04 2017, 14:57

luckyPeterpiper

avatar
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
I would still have Coyle because people tend to forget the horrendous injury list he went through the first half of the relegation season with not to mention playing 5 of the previous season's top 6, 4 of them away from home in the first seven games. In the first 19 games of that season we got 9 points. In the second 19 games with an almost fully fit squad he got 27 points, an achievement that would have resulted in 54 points from 38 and would have seen us finish 8th. As has already been pointed out we went down by the narrowest of margins and I still believe it was the aftermath of that last day, almost last minute relegation that began the horrid spiral down we've been on since. We lost too many of our better players on the cheap and had no money to replace them with while our less than stellar others were on insane wages that couldn't be funded at 2nd tier level.

19 Re: Picking the best out of a bad bunch on Wed Oct 04 2017, 21:20

Sluffy

avatar
Admin
Coyle achieved the impossible and managed to get us relegated with a team that really was to good to go down - but under his management did!

Coyle went on to manage Wigan who then got...

...relegated.

He went on to manage Houston Dynamos who got...

...relegated

He went on to manage Blackburn who got...

...relegated.

Coyle has just been appointed the manager of Ross County.

They will no doubt be relegated this season under this clown too!


20 Re: Picking the best out of a bad bunch on Wed Oct 04 2017, 21:29

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
So who did you vote for?

21 Re: Picking the best out of a bad bunch on Wed Oct 04 2017, 21:41

Sluffy

avatar
Admin
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:So who did you vote for?

I would have voted for Megson but as he wasn't on the list I went for Parkinson.

Easy choice really considering Coyle being the worst manager I've ever seen - let alone being the worst Bolton manager - Freeman being reliant on 94 year old Lennie Lawrence for tactics and team selections and Lennon having his tart pick the team before he decided to have her bumped off!

We've had some right plonkers since Allardyce left haven't we!

geek

22 Re: Picking the best out of a bad bunch on Thu Oct 05 2017, 09:45

gloswhite

avatar
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:In all seriousness.

I was serious. If you had to choose between these five would it be easy?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

L-R  Norpig, Bonce, KP, Bread and GlosWhite on the end.
Oi ! 

How come I've been added to the list ?

23 Re: Picking the best out of a bad bunch on Thu Oct 05 2017, 10:12

Bread2.0

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
The Houston Dynamo didn't get relegated under Coyle.

Admittedly, only thanks to the fact that you can't get relegated in the MLS, but to state that they did is erroneous, nonetheless.

Making up "alternative facts" to back up your argument is dangerous and shouldn't be encouraged in my view.

It's what mentalist dictators do.

24 Re: Picking the best out of a bad bunch on Thu Oct 05 2017, 10:54

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Making up "alternative facts" to back up your argument is dangerous and shouldn't be encouraged in my view.

It's what mentalist dictators do.

So that massive cock pic you sent wasn't yours after all?

25 Re: Picking the best out of a bad bunch on Thu Oct 05 2017, 11:20

Bread2.0

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
This one?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]


It is a picture of a massive cock but it's definitely not me.

26 Re: Picking the best out of a bad bunch on Thu Oct 05 2017, 21:54

Sluffy

avatar
Admin
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:The Houston Dynamo didn't get relegated under Coyle.

Admittedly, only thanks to the fact that you can't get relegated in the MLS, but to state that they did is erroneous, nonetheless.

Making up "alternative facts" to back up your argument is dangerous and shouldn't be encouraged in my view.

It's what mentalist dictators do.

I know they didn't get relegated as such but in the American system all but the bottom few teams of both their divisions go on to play in an end of season competition.

The team Coyle managed finished in the bottom three (a relegation spot for most other country's leagues) and thus were 'relegated' (if you like) from their chance of partaking in that season ending finale.




True mentalism is the inability to separate real life from the internet world.

Something I can differentiate between the two and something which clearly you can't.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum