Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Quick poll

+14
wessy
finlaymcdanger
gloswhite
Reebok Trotter
Cajunboy
xmiles
scottjames30
Natasha Whittam
BoltonTillIDie
boltonbonce
karlypants
Angry Dad
wanderlust
Bread2.0
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Have you changed your position on Brexit?

Quick poll - Page 7 Vote_lcap5%Quick poll - Page 7 Vote_rcap 5% [ 1 ]
Quick poll - Page 7 Vote_lcap38%Quick poll - Page 7 Vote_rcap 38% [ 8 ]
Quick poll - Page 7 Vote_lcap57%Quick poll - Page 7 Vote_rcap 57% [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 21

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 9]

121Quick poll - Page 7 Empty Re: Quick poll Wed Oct 18 2017, 10:41

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

couldn't agree more Johnny, well said that man  Very Happy

122Quick poll - Page 7 Empty Re: Quick poll Wed Oct 18 2017, 11:12

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

y2johnny wrote:At the end of the day its done.  Like others have said, people had a chance and 60 odd percent just couldnt be arsed.  

I'm sure some "couldn't be arsed", as you say, Johnny....but I also think that many felt utterly unable to decide one way or the other, having been badly let down by the conflicting lies and rhetoric from both sides, and by the complexity of the issues, compared with the inane simplicity of the referendum question.

123Quick poll - Page 7 Empty Re: Quick poll Wed Oct 18 2017, 11:24

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

How about instead of simply "blaming the lazy arseholes who don't vote", we actually try and encourage them to take part in our country's democratic process by giving them the facts and outlining what the real world implications of their inaction will be?

You never know, it might just work.

Or....it will continue to erroneously be labelled "remoaning" by the people in charge of our press because it suits them to perpetuate this lie about "opposing Brexit being unpatriotic or undemocratic" and they'll laugh up their sleeves at all the people they've conned, as we drive off a cliff and fuck the country's future up for generations.

I'm not going to stand by and idly watch that happen.

It's not "remoaning", it's fighting against something which will have a negative impact on us all apart from the 1% who hold all the real power.

Why do you think so many Tories are staunchly backing a "Brexit at any cost?"

Could it be linked to the fact that the EU is set to dramatically tighten up its rules and regulations surrounding money laundering in 2019? (Coincidentally round the same time we would finally leave the EU...)

The south east and London in particular is awash with dirty Russian money. For years, successive governments have turned a blind eye to dodgy Russian oligarchs washing their ill-gotten gains through London.

Why...?

Presumably because someone in the establishment has made a few bob out of facilitating it.

But all that would stop under the new EU regs.

So is this all about "taking back sovereignty and self-determination" from Brussels?

Or is it simply about a small group protecting their interests and conning the average Joe into thinking they're going to somehow be better off if we do leave the EU despite all evidence to the fucking contrary?

124Quick poll - Page 7 Empty Re: Quick poll Wed Oct 18 2017, 11:42

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The problem i had before the referendum was the quality of the arguments on both sides was very poor and it did little to explain the pro's and cons of either leaving or staying.

Not enough information was communicated out to the general public apart from scaremongering (on both sides i might add) so it's no wonder people didn't really have a clue what they were actually voting for and what the long term effects would be.

I have no confidence in Davis and his team getting us any kind of deal, the man is a halfwit. In an ideal world when the full facts of what kind of deal (or no deal) we are going to get then there should be another referendum but Knobhead Nigel and his followers would be up in arms and claiming they have been stitched up.

It's too important a decision to leave to leave to our idiot Politicians as this is going to affect not only me but my children's lives but i just can't see it happening. 

When remain did lose i did say at the time we should respect the decision but i'm changing my mind as every day we seem to be getting no nearer to any kind of clarity.

125Quick poll - Page 7 Empty Re: Quick poll Wed Oct 18 2017, 11:55

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If the UK voted to relocate to the moon without considering the fact that we don't have any spaceships* or means of survival if we managed to get there, it would be fine to "just accept it" however it would only be a matter of time before those who voted for the relocation started whingeing about the slow pace of progress and demanding to know where the rockets are and when we are leaving.

I don't see what's wrong in pointing out that we have no spaceships or means of survival or that it would be a shit place to live even if we did get there. Brextremists could learn a lot from the Emperor's new clothes analogy.

* Caveat: Technically we do have spaceships whilst we remain a part of the European Space Programme

126Quick poll - Page 7 Empty Re: Quick poll Wed Oct 18 2017, 12:08

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

No offence, Mr Pig but I've never bought the "both sides failed to adequately explain their position and what would happen" argument.

On the Remain side, you had plenty of people far better informed than you or I saying that the impact of a "Leave" vote could potentially be catastrophic for the economy, largely in part because of the sheer uncertainty it would cause because that's how economies work.

If you lose market confidence, it tanks.

We had scores of experts coming out with projections about the economic impact of a Leave vote but they were poo-pooed by the Leave camp and Gove even went as far as to say "Experts? The people have had enough of experts" as he encouraged people to vote with their heart and gut feeling.

At that point, if nowhere else, it should have set the alarm bells ringing.

If your best argument is to simply suggest that people are bored or tired of hearing the truth, you're on pretty shaky ground.

As for the Leave clowns, when they weren't trying to shaft each other, they were busy telling enormous lies to try and convert people.

Farage even famously admitted on TV that the £350 Million on the side of a bus thing was a lie, 7 hours after the results came in.

The bottom line is, a lot of people voted to leave the EU because they fell for an orchestrated campaign of spin and lies from a bunch of self-serving chancers who couldn't give a shit if the average British man or woman was starving in the street.

And they did it on gut feeling, emotion and in some cases racist beliefs.

And if you stand back now and try and be objective about it, the evidence overwhelmingly backs up the claims made by the Remain side and there's nothing happening which suggests that crossing our fingers, singing Rule Britannia and hoping for the best is going to deliver a positive outcome.

This madness needs to be stopped before it ruins the country.

127Quick poll - Page 7 Empty Re: Quick poll Wed Oct 18 2017, 12:13

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

none taken breaders  Very Happy

128Quick poll - Page 7 Empty Re: Quick poll Wed Oct 18 2017, 13:46

Imo, breaders, the remain campaign was ran on facts and honesty, in that worst case scenarios where given, which are now coming into fruition.

The problem was that the leave campaign was frought with inconsistencies and backed by popular demand by the daily rags and a hatred of immigration.  Not to mention 350 million a week that would be paid into our healthcare.

Most people would of been able to form a simple opinion of which way they was going to vote.  They had the option to vote.  All the information whether right or wrong was there for everyone to see.

So in my eyes, yeah, they are lazy arseholes who churn out the line "i dont do politics" when questioned.

They had a choice.  They chose not to vote because they couldnt be arsed forming an opinion.

129Quick poll - Page 7 Empty Re: Quick poll Wed Oct 18 2017, 13:47

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Have faith Johnny.. We'll still have the baristas picking seasonal vegetables, and we can all save lots of dosh by not buying French or German cars.  Very Happy

130Quick poll - Page 7 Empty Re: Quick poll Wed Oct 18 2017, 13:54

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

These comments are getting a bit strange. We have Breaders now blaming many of the problems on politicians who are taking cuts from Russian oligarchs, who launder money in London, and Wander has us all living on the moon.  scratch

131Quick poll - Page 7 Empty Re: Quick poll Wed Oct 18 2017, 13:59

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This is the genius of Nuts, soak it all in Glos  Very Happy

132Quick poll - Page 7 Empty Re: Quick poll Wed Oct 18 2017, 14:05

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:Have faith Johnny.. We'll still have the baristas picking seasonal vegetables, and we can all save lots of dosh by not buying French or German cars.  Very Happy
Noel Edmonds is making a come back...

133Quick poll - Page 7 Empty Re: Quick poll Wed Oct 18 2017, 14:11

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Why have we got two Brexit threads running at the same time? Sort it out KP and merge them. And merge Bread and Wanderlust as well as they're clearly the same person/armchair.

Last edited by Natasha Whittam on Wed Oct 18 2017, 14:11; edited 1 time in total

134Quick poll - Page 7 Empty Re: Quick poll Wed Oct 18 2017, 14:11

Which british cars should we buy

Vauxhall......errrr just be en bought out

Aston Martin, land rover, mg, rover,  

Lets face it 

We sold out as a country long ago.  All due to the fact we could trade in the eu.  Now we have no manufacturing and fuck all to offer anyone.

135Quick poll - Page 7 Empty Re: Quick poll Wed Oct 18 2017, 14:11

Natasha Whittam wrote:Why have we got two Brexit threads running at the same time? Sort it out KP and merge them. And merge Bread and Wanderlust as well.
:rofl:

136Quick poll - Page 7 Empty Re: Quick poll Wed Oct 18 2017, 14:12

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:Have faith Johnny.. We'll still have the baristas picking seasonal vegetables, and we can all save lots of dosh by not buying French or German cars.  Very Happy
So no cars at all then seeing that there are no British cars apart from TVR, Noble, Sunbeam, Morgan, McLaren, Ginetta, Caterham, Briggs, Aston Martin, Ariel and AC - all of whom are already a shedload more expensive and will become even more so due to our dependency on foreign components. Even London Taxis are owned by the Chinese and Lotus by the Malaysians.

Should be good for the environment and anyway we won't need them in an agrarian economy. We'll just need someone to set up a British tractor manufacturer to help out with the annual cabbage crop.

137Quick poll - Page 7 Empty Re: Quick poll Wed Oct 18 2017, 14:12

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Don't take my word for it (very unwise), have a read of this:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4366206/Dirty-secrets-laundromat-Illicit-roubles-London.html

I found 5 Guardian articles saying the same thing but opted to go with the uber-Brexit-backing Mail to head off any cries of "Ah! The Guardian and their left wing bollocks!"

And here's some confirmation that the EU is tightening up the regs on money laundering:

http://www.acams.org/aml-resources/eu-fourth-aml-directive/

The new rules came into force in June this year, so it's going to be harder to wash dirty money through the UK going forward.

Hence the desperation to get the UK out of the EU.

138Quick poll - Page 7 Empty Re: Quick poll Wed Oct 18 2017, 14:12

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Twirls still £1 for 4 and Pepsi still at £2.25 for 8 cans.

Keep calm people, things are fine out there.

139Quick poll - Page 7 Empty Re: Quick poll Wed Oct 18 2017, 14:13

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Hhmmm!!! Thank god we got Jags, Bentleys and Rollers over here for us all to buy.  Very Happy

140Quick poll - Page 7 Empty Re: Quick poll Wed Oct 18 2017, 14:15

Natasha Whittam wrote:Twirls still £1 for 4 and Pepsi still at £2.25 for 8 cans.

Keep calm people, things are fine out there.
I dont want to alarm you Nat, but if you thought you may have lost a few stone lbs its because the twirls in a 4 pack for a quid are now almost half the size.

Pepsi only at that price when on offer

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum