Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tory bastards. (Again.)

+7
wanderlust
rammywhite
Dunkels King
xmiles
Natasha Whittam
Reebok Trotter
Bread2.0
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Tory bastards. (Again.) Empty Tory bastards. (Again.) Thu Oct 26 2017, 10:51

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

When I heard about this earlier, I thought it was someone having a laugh.

But sadly, it turns out that they're really doing this:

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2017/oct/25/nhs-to-pilot-airbnb-type-scheme-for-patients-recovering-from-surgery

The Tory fuckers have criminally underfunded the NHS to the point where they're now trialling a scheme to kick people out of hospital after treatment and pass them into the care of unqualified members of the public with instructions to give them:

"3 microwave meals a day" and some "optional" conversation.

I mean, seriously....WTF?

We all know that the ultimate aim of these fuckers is to completely abandon the NHS and break it up for sale to their mates in the private sector because they've already sent Hunt The Tugboat over to The States to get some ideas:

https://centerfortotalhealth.org/tag/jeremy-hunt/

...but this is a new low even for them, surely?

In what world is this a sensible idea?

I am honestly stunned by this. People are going to die as a direct result.

And if you voted Tory at the last General Election, bollocks like this is squarely on you and I sincerely hope you can sleep at night.

2Tory bastards. (Again.) Empty Re: Tory bastards. (Again.) Thu Oct 26 2017, 10:59

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's the thin end of the wedge. Disgusting really.

3Tory bastards. (Again.) Empty Re: Tory bastards. (Again.) Thu Oct 26 2017, 11:07

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yeah, because Labour pumped millions into the NHS didn't they.

I agree the NHS is a shambles, but every government fails to sort it out. It is disgusting, it amazes me that no one has ever found the answer, or even tried.

I could turn the NHS around inside 24 hours, but no one in a position to do so ever has the balls. Some tough decisions need to be made, but short-term votes are sadly more important than human lives.

4Tory bastards. (Again.) Empty Re: Tory bastards. (Again.) Thu Oct 26 2017, 12:23

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The fragmenting of our public services gathers pace. Most of us pay our fair share of taxes, ergo we should expect properly funded public services. Perhaps if ALL the tax dodges and loopholes were closed down and the corporations and mega wealthy paid their way we may not find ourselves on a train about to hit the buffers.

5Tory bastards. (Again.) Empty Re: Tory bastards. (Again.) Thu Oct 26 2017, 12:28

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Natasha Whittam wrote:Yeah, because Labour pumped millions into the NHS didn't they.

I agree the NHS is a shambles, but every government fails to sort it out. It is disgusting, it amazes me that no one has ever found the answer, or even tried.

I could turn the NHS around inside 24 hours, but no one in a position to do so ever has the balls. Some tough decisions need to be made, but short-term votes are sadly more important than human lives.

Here is a link for you Nat. It shows that the Labour government puts far more money into the NHS than the Tories and why we need more not less investment now. Still if you go private I am sure you will be fine.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjmiJbelo7XAhXSa1AKHToQAMcQFghAMAQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbc.co.uk%2Fnews%2Fhealth-38887694&usg=AOvVaw0hOpLAxe2n4l0ruidlYAWJ

6Tory bastards. (Again.) Empty Re: Tory bastards. (Again.) Fri Oct 27 2017, 07:31

Dunkels King

Dunkels King
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Out of interest, you pay NI contributions that cover the NHS. Is there a cap on payments, as in a maximum amount per month you pay in ? I only ask because over here in Germany the payment made every month to just my medical insurance is 788 euro of which my company pay about 400 euro. This is not private insurance (that is cheaper initially but if you ever need medication the premiums would increase) but just a normal provider. Over here there are loads of providers but by law the percentage of your wage taken is the same for every company so you just chose one that might give you a better benefit if you are ever in hospital like a single room or whatever.

7Tory bastards. (Again.) Empty Re: Tory bastards. (Again.) Fri Oct 27 2017, 07:42

Dunkels King

Dunkels King
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

......and starting very soon I won’t have to pay a penny because the Airline I work for is closing down. It will be hard to get another job over here due to fucking Brexit making companies nervous about employing Brits now, but one thing is for sure, I won’t be heading back to the UK. The Government have destroyed the place. Just watching the news now about the number of arrests made for crime has halved over the last decade. Things like only investigating burglary at even numbered houses and such like. Comical, but very sad at the same time. More important to investigate people who are already dead than use the available resources to tackle crime.

8Tory bastards. (Again.) Empty Re: Tory bastards. (Again.) Fri Oct 27 2017, 08:29

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Dunkels King wrote:Out of interest, you pay NI contributions that cover the NHS. Is there a cap on payments, as in a maximum amount per month you pay in ? I only ask because over here in Germany the payment made every month to just my medical insurance is 788 euro of which my company pay about 400 euro. This is not private insurance (that is cheaper initially but if you ever need medication the premiums would increase) but just a normal provider. Over here there are loads of providers but by law the percentage of your wage taken is the same for every company so you just chose one that might give you a better benefit if you are ever in hospital like a single room or whatever.

There is a cap on the amount of national insurance that people pay but it does not directly fund the NHS. The NHS is paid for out of general taxation.

9Tory bastards. (Again.) Empty Re: Tory bastards. (Again.) Fri Oct 27 2017, 09:41

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

xmiles wrote:
Dunkels King wrote:Out of interest, you pay NI contributions that cover the NHS. Is there a cap on payments, as in a maximum amount per month you pay in ? I only ask because over here in Germany the payment made every month to just my medical insurance is 788 euro of which my company pay about 400 euro. This is not private insurance (that is cheaper initially but if you ever need medication the premiums would increase) but just a normal provider. Over here there are loads of providers but by law the percentage of your wage taken is the same for every company so you just chose one that might give you a better benefit if you are ever in hospital like a single room or whatever.

There is a cap on the amount of national insurance that people pay but it does not directly fund the NHS. The NHS is paid for out of general taxation.

X miles is correct- it doesn't fund the NHS at all. Its not national, its not insurance and its not a fund. Its simply an additional tax.
There are 4 different classes of NICs- depending on whether you're employed or self employed and there are lower limits on each and caps on some of them. Class 3 is even voluntary.
Its an absolute nightmare form of income tax- but that's all it is- an income tax paid by both employees and employers.
There have been various studies, reports and commissions over the years trying to merge it with income tax but they've all come to nothing although there are current plans at HMRC to try to reduce it to just two forms. The reason all the integration plans fail is because of complexity- and also because it would mean the basic rate of tax would have to rise to 32% and the top rate on earned income to 57% and that is politically unsustainable to either of the two major parties trying to ensure that they all stay in a job
Other forms of income ( like dividends and interest) are NIC free- so you can see why some people prefer to get dividends rather than a wage or a salary
Its a nightmare tax to understand and desperately needs reform. Most people who pay it don't even see it as a tax- and probably believe they get access to the NHS because they pay it

10Tory bastards. (Again.) Empty Re: Tory bastards. (Again.) Fri Oct 27 2017, 10:45

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:
xmiles wrote:

X miles is correct- it doesn't fund the NHS at all. Its not national, its not insurance and its not a fund. Its simply an additional tax.
There are 4 different classes of NICs- depending on whether you're employed or self employed and there are lower limits on each and caps on some of them. Class 3 is even voluntary.
Its an absolute nightmare form of income tax- but that's all it is- an income tax paid by both employees and employers.
There have been various studies, reports and commissions over the years trying to merge it with income tax but they've all come to nothing although there are current plans at HMRC to try to reduce it to just two forms. The reason all the integration plans fail is because of complexity- and also because it would mean the basic rate of tax would have to rise to 32% and the top rate on earned income to 57% and that is politically unsustainable to either of the two major parties trying to ensure that they all stay in a job
Other forms of income ( like dividends and interest) are NIC free- so you can see why some people prefer to get dividends rather than a wage or a salary
Its a nightmare tax to understand and desperately needs reform. Most people who pay it don't even see it as a tax- and probably believe they get access to the NHS because they pay it
Most French people pay 30% Income Tax - which they complain incessantly about - but at least it's an honest and transparent way of collecting taxes.

11Tory bastards. (Again.) Empty Re: Tory bastards. (Again.) Sun Oct 29 2017, 16:11

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Pie nails it again:

12Tory bastards. (Again.) Empty Re: Tory bastards. (Again.) Sun Oct 29 2017, 16:43

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

The NI contribution, around 11% of salary for the average working chap, but as said NHS is funded out of general taxation thus NI a sort of hidden tax. It doesn't matter on which party chucks in more than anyone, what matters is how it is spent. PFI takes up a large cut, old folk bed blocking, senior bods getting pay rises while nurses get the miserly 1%. The AirBnB stunt was actually proposed by Southend Hospital. Problem was attendant medical staff, DSB enhancements for room-letting hosts, suitability of hosts and length of stay. Local byelaws also mean each house would have to have standards set by government as with Houses in Multiple Occupation. So massively costly that it will be dumped. Can you imagine Granny discharged to a private person. Around midday 20 visitors, 2 doctors, a nurse and meals on wheels turn up? Then multiply that by a few hundred and it's a logistical nightmare. They may as well build a recuperation facility somewhere and staff it with professionals. Just as costly but at least it would save travelling time.
As for German air services going tits up, what airline do you work for? Write to Easyjet at Gatwick. Lots of vacancies and may be some openings in Germany.

13Tory bastards. (Again.) Empty Re: Tory bastards. (Again.) Mon Oct 30 2017, 09:07

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Bollotom2014 wrote: They may as well build a recuperation facility somewhere and staff it with professionals. 
My thoughts exactly. 
At least it frees up the hospital, although depending on how long it does will depend on the service it offers.

14Tory bastards. (Again.) Empty Re: Tory bastards. (Again.) Mon Oct 30 2017, 14:29

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:
Bollotom2014 wrote: They may as well build a recuperation facility somewhere and staff it with professionals. 
My thoughts exactly. 
At least it frees up the hospital, although depending on how long it does will depend on the service it offers.
Or they could just build a hospital.

15Tory bastards. (Again.) Empty Re: Tory bastards. (Again.) Mon Oct 30 2017, 15:48

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

They could, but they might get 2 or 3 recuperation  places for one hospital, money wise. Lets not forget that the patients will be, or almost, well, and should be moving on quicker.

16Tory bastards. (Again.) Empty Re: Tory bastards. (Again.) Mon Oct 30 2017, 16:50

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Having recently spent 11 days in hospital I'd have welcomed anywhere else to go. - particularly home where they could have sent in the district nurse twice a day to ask me interminable questions about my bowels ( whether they were working or not) and to take my temperature, blood pressure etc, all of which I can do myself.
I would have gladly given up my bed and uncomfortable chair to a more needy gentleman after a few days

17Tory bastards. (Again.) Empty Re: Tory bastards. (Again.) Tue Oct 31 2017, 11:59

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Problem is Rammy, that nowadays any public service has to cover its arse, (and yours  Very Happy), from so many possibilities of legal claims, etc, that they spend more time on admin than actually doing the job.

18Tory bastards. (Again.) Empty Re: Tory bastards. (Again.) Tue Oct 31 2017, 12:03

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

gloswhite wrote:Problem is Rammy, that nowadays any public service has to cover its arse, (and yours  Very Happy), from so many possibilities of legal claims, etc, that they spend more time on admin than actually doing the job.

You're right about the admin- 5 people on the ward at any one time- two doing some actual nursing ( and run off their feet) and three pushing pens about everything that was happening. They were even keeping records of themselves keeping records!

19Tory bastards. (Again.) Empty Re: Tory bastards. (Again.) Tue Oct 31 2017, 16:58

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Probably agency staff filling in their time-sheets Very Happy

20Tory bastards. (Again.) Empty Re: Tory bastards. (Again.) Wed Nov 01 2017, 19:41

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Ha! 

Fallon's fallen on his (pork) sword and the bastards have just lost a vote in The Commons on the Brexit impact studies.

Fuck you, Tories!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum