Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ben Alnwick says survival belief is high ahead of Norwich City clash

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ben Alnwick hopes things are still looking up for Wanderers on Saturday evening.

Norwich City provide the last opposition before the international break and a chance for Phil Parkinson’s side to lift themselves off the foot of the table.

Confidence in the camp was repaired over an unbeaten October and the Whites keeper is keen to continue the momentum, potentially leaving the club just a point from safety inn the best case scenario.

“The camp is a lot happier now, we’re looking forward,” he told The Bolton News. “We have got strong characters in the squad and we knew results would come. We still believe that.

“I think we have matched four good sides and should have won three of those games.

“It’s about keeping the belief. We’re not going into games dreading them.

“We’re looking at the gap up to Birmingham and thinking if we win a couple of games back-to-back were right up there. Nothing is decided.

“Win against Norwich and you’re looking at the table in a whole different light.”

Alnwick has painful memories of today’s opponents, having spent a month at Carrow Road on loan in 2009.

“At the time it was a perfect loan,” said the keeper, who made three appearances in a Norwich shirt. “I was at Tottenham and they had just gone down to League One. I think I did a month.

“I got my face sliced open against Sunderland, of all clubs, in the FA Cup.

“That put an end to my time there but I enjoyed it. There’s a nice training ground there and good fans.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum