Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Change of Managers Can Work

+7
y2johnny
Norpig
BoltonTillIDie
Growler
Boggersbelief
doffcocker
observer
11 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Change of Managers Can Work Empty Change of Managers Can Work Tue Dec 19 2017, 02:49

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Credit BSA with getting the most our of his players... 4 wins and 1 draw... Everton now in 9th.  Yes, he has a solid team he inherited... but as Rooney said, he brought us back to basics.

What could someone new do with our underachieving lot?

2Change of Managers Can Work Empty Re: Change of Managers Can Work Tue Dec 19 2017, 04:06

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It's no coincidence that Allardyce has gone in there and they look a completely different team, and it's happening all the time with clubs changing manager mid season. 

What fans don't seem to get though is that the impact these new managers have in the first few months or so ultimately means jack shit. I mean look at nearly every manager we've had since Allardyce left. Coyle completely transformed us for a short period, Freedman also took us on a fantastic run, Lennon seemed like a saviour for 6 months or so...

I've no doubt that potentially a new manager could take over this current lot and take us on a run and maybe even keep us up. 

Would it continue into the following season? Would keeping us up count for fuck all in the eyes of most fans were we to end up back in the same predicament?

3Change of Managers Can Work Empty Re: Change of Managers Can Work Tue Dec 19 2017, 09:18

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Who do you suggest that we bring in that is good enough to turn us around? I personally like Parkinson and think that he will keep us up

4Change of Managers Can Work Empty Re: Change of Managers Can Work Tue Dec 19 2017, 09:59

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I don't think we're like Everton were a month ago, I don't think we're underachieving a great deal with the players we've got.If Barnsley or Burton changed managers they'd still be among the weakest squads in the league and be at the bottom end, we are like them.
I don't think it even particularly matters if we stay up or go down , the future of the club is grim while Ken is in charge, he just doesn't have the funds or the ability to attract funds to pay for decent 2nd Div  players.He'll pay for a top end Div 3 team and nothing more so the best we can expect is to yo yo between Divs 2 and 3, maybe have a "glorious" season avoiding relegation.
Changing managers wouldn't  excite me, it would be someone else rearranging the deckchairs on the Titanic, the real change has to be at ownership level.

5Change of Managers Can Work Empty Re: Change of Managers Can Work Tue Dec 19 2017, 10:11

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What Ken is doing is massively reduce the costs of running the club, to try an ensure there still is a Bolton Wanderers (And a business he can sell on). We all know he doesn't have the funds to take us to the next level, but at the moment its about stability. Staying in this division is necessary in order for this plan to work though otherwise things become a whole lot harder.

6Change of Managers Can Work Empty Re: Change of Managers Can Work Tue Dec 19 2017, 10:36

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Its Parky's way of playing i hate and he has no plan B either. I'm not expecting miracles but that performance on Saturday was shocking and Parky is ultimately responsible as he sends them out with a game plan which is in effect very negative.
Why does he think playing 2 holding midfielders and a lone striker against a team we had to beat makes any sense?

7Change of Managers Can Work Empty Re: Change of Managers Can Work Tue Dec 19 2017, 10:42

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

BoltonTillIDie wrote:What Ken is doing is massively reduce the costs of running the club, to try an ensure there still is a Bolton Wanderers (And a business he can sell on).  We all know he doesn't have the funds to take us to the next level, but at the moment its about stability.  Staying in this division is necessary in order for this plan to work though otherwise things become a whole lot harder.
Exactly this but with a new manager. 

I'd sacrifice player signings for a new manager as i think wr have enough to stay up and that's the first priority

8Change of Managers Can Work Empty Re: Change of Managers Can Work Tue Dec 19 2017, 15:13

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm not sure that spending money on paying off Parky and replacing the manager rather than getting new signings is in our best interest at the moment. Personally I'd rather see the money spent on the squad and seeing as we need quality our best option may well be to spend it on a couple of loanees, ideally from Premiership clubs and ideally a lot better than Burke, Cullen and Armstrong. 
That said, I do have concerns about Parky, especially in terms of his tactics and getting the balance right between giving the players confidence and them becoming over-confident.

9Change of Managers Can Work Empty Re: Change of Managers Can Work Tue Dec 19 2017, 15:16

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Getting them to stop passing sideways and backwards 3 or 4 times then panicking and lumping it would help i reckon. You can see they have no confidence on the ball as no one looks prepared to take it on and make something happen other than Ameobi and he's not always consistent.

10Change of Managers Can Work Empty Re: Change of Managers Can Work Sat Dec 23 2017, 14:23

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

BSA remains undefeated at Everton... 0-0 vs Chelsea. The saviour from relegation manager continues to impress.

11Change of Managers Can Work Empty Re: Change of Managers Can Work Wed Dec 27 2017, 11:10

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's the usual Allardyce cycle. He'll keep them up with Parky-esque tactics but will get potted about this time next year when the fans tire of turgid football.

12Change of Managers Can Work Empty Re: Change of Managers Can Work Wed Dec 27 2017, 11:19

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:It's the usual Allardyce cycle. He'll keep them up with Parky-esque tactics but will get potted about this time next year when the fans tire of turgid football.

I think he'll leave of his own accord with a massive (multi million pound) bonus for doing what he was asked to do- make sure that they stayed in the premiership.
I would expect him to leave next  summer

13Change of Managers Can Work Empty Re: Change of Managers Can Work Wed Dec 27 2017, 14:03

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

rammywhite wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:It's the usual Allardyce cycle. He'll keep them up with Parky-esque tactics but will get potted about this time next year when the fans tire of turgid football.

I think he'll leave of his own accord with a massive (multi million pound) bonus for doing what he was asked to do- make sure that they stayed in the premiership.
Maybe he will put those multi million pounds to good use and buy our club!

14Change of Managers Can Work Empty Re: Change of Managers Can Work Wed Dec 27 2017, 14:55

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

observer wrote:
rammywhite wrote:

I doubt it- like him or loathe him, he's a canny operator and can see a lost cause from a long way off

15Change of Managers Can Work Empty Re: Change of Managers Can Work Wed Dec 27 2017, 15:07

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

rammywhite wrote:
observer wrote:
rammywhite wrote:

I doubt it- like him or loathe him, he's a canny operator and can see a lost cause from a long way off
He's made quite a fortune from "lost causes" and keeping them from being relegated.

16Change of Managers Can Work Empty Re: Change of Managers Can Work Wed Dec 27 2017, 16:44

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

observer wrote:
rammywhite wrote:
observer wrote:
rammywhite wrote:

He's made quite a fortune from "lost causes" and keeping them from being relegated.

Agreed but they had millions to pay him. We've got bobbins

17Change of Managers Can Work Empty Re: Change of Managers Can Work Wed Dec 27 2017, 17:04

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

rammywhite wrote:
observer wrote:
rammywhite wrote:
observer wrote:
rammywhite wrote:

Agreed but they had millions to pay him. We've got bobbins
What number does Bobbins wear? Smile
Just wish BSA would invest his money on our lost cause... and make something of the team again.  He likes lost causes and probably has more than KA has.  I'm sure he could get investors to go along with him.

18Change of Managers Can Work Empty Re: Change of Managers Can Work Wed Dec 27 2017, 18:50

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Its getting to the stage now where it is going to be too late to make an impact if we dont change the manager now.  Plus a new manager might be able to bin some of the wasters off and bring someone in who is going to battle.  God knows who is available but either way without investment it looks bleak.

19Change of Managers Can Work Empty Re: Change of Managers Can Work Thu Dec 28 2017, 11:22

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Norpig wrote:Getting them to stop passing sideways and backwards 3 or 4 times then panicking and lumping it would help i reckon. You can see they have no confidence on the ball as no one looks prepared to take it on and make something happen other than Ameobi and he's not always consistent.

We all hate the hoof ball, yet every time we play a sideways pass or backward pass, the fans start to moan, no wonder they release it early, if we want to play football on the ground then you need to keep possession and find a man, if that means a sideways pass then so be it. Every time we release a long ball we lose the ball. So why not play out from the back, the other problem seems to be even our decent players (Vela) give soft balls away by poor decisions and poor passing.

Ian Greaves used to play from the back Paul Jones and co used to pass it across the back four until someone made space, we have no movement off the ball, so it comes down to the manager. This guy seems to have just one way to set up.
We are one point from safety, the goal is fourth bottom, so do you stick or twist?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum