Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Vela priced at 3.5 million

+2
observer
Wanderers for 45
6 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Vela priced at 3.5 million Empty Vela priced at 3.5 million Sun Dec 24 2017, 14:09

Wanderers for 45

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Ken Anderson continues in selling off our assets while asking the supporters to turn up week in week out. Surely selling Vela is shortsighted as he has 18 months on his contract yet.
He could be the difference between staying up or going down. As a leauge 1 Team again our finances are a lot less than in the Championship.
If you had aany n Art gallery you would not take down the Renoir. I’ve just paid £57 for Boro n Sheffield U tickets not to mention travel. KA sell up quick. Barnsley have been bought by the consortium who own OGC Nice. FFS for £25 million it’s a snip. I’m biased though. Merry Christmas to all the Wanderers.

2Vela priced at 3.5 million Empty Re: Vela priced at 3.5 million Sun Dec 24 2017, 14:46

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Wanderers for 45 wrote:Ken Anderson continues in selling off our assets while asking the supporters to turn up week in week out. Surely selling Vela is shortsighted as he has 18 months on his contract yet.
He could be the difference between staying up or going down. As a leauge 1 Team again our finances are a lot less than in the Championship.
If you had aany n Art gallery you would not take down the Renoir. I’ve just paid £57 for Boro n Sheffield U tickets not to mention travel. KA  sell up quick. Barnsley have been bought by the consortium who own OGC Nice. FFS  for £25 million it’s a snip. I’m biased though. Merry Christmas to all the Wanderers.

The loss of Vela or Madine or both... like the bargain basement sales of Holding and Clough, will not help us stay up.  You need some investment to do that.  If KA gets rid of 5-6 players on loan, that might give him the cash needed to play out the season.  His investment would not be worth much if we get relegated and with either or both being sold, would reduce the appraisal for the club.  Tis not a smart move... so finding someone to help fund the club should be the first resort... selling, the last resort.  KA's dictum of getting rid of the deadwood may be exactly what saves Vela and Madine's positions with us.  (And what about ALF not playing?)

3Vela priced at 3.5 million Empty Re: Vela priced at 3.5 million Sun Dec 24 2017, 14:50

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Where's that figure come from?

4Vela priced at 3.5 million Empty Re: Vela priced at 3.5 million Sun Dec 24 2017, 15:14

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:Where's that figure come from?

The Sun I think - based on what it is guessed to be how much extra we need to cover the costs to the end of the season.

Vela might as well be priced at £35 million because no Championship club will pay anything like £3.5 million (in cash remember - not spread over a season or two - if we need the money now/next few months) - and he's not good enough to be on a Premier League clubs bench - imo.

Vela (nor Madine) won't be leaving in January.

5Vela priced at 3.5 million Empty Re: Vela priced at 3.5 million Sun Dec 24 2017, 18:31

Wanderers for 45

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Hopefully as Vela May not be a xavi or Iniesta but since he’s come back we have accumulated 17 points in 12 games. The fact we reverted to 4-2-3-1 with Henry and Pratley has been a massive difference the 3-5-2 used in last years promotion push saw our midfield open up like a slags legs on a Friday night after 3 Rum n Cokes. Henry n Pratley along with Velas work rate has seen us with a great chance of escaping the drop. Burtons lucky second goal has helped them with 2 back to back away wins but they’re shit at home so there’s a 6 team mini leauge with Hull and Barnsley pulled in to it at the moment.

6Vela priced at 3.5 million Empty Re: Vela priced at 3.5 million Tue Dec 26 2017, 14:34

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I really hope stops selling the assets to prop up cashflow because if he's ever going to build anything we need to start somewhere. The worst of it is that it's the younger, harder to replace assets that seem to be up for sale. Hopefully it's just idle paper talk.

7Vela priced at 3.5 million Empty Re: Vela priced at 3.5 million Wed Dec 27 2017, 10:56

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Vela is shit in my opinion. What has he done this season in terms of quality? Yes, he scored against Cardiff but Bonce could have put that one in the net blindfolded. He runs around a lot I'll give him that, but how many chances has he created? How many goals has he scored? All he seems to do is flick the ball to the opposition.

If someone offered hard cash I'd snatch their hand off.

8Vela priced at 3.5 million Empty Re: Vela priced at 3.5 million Wed Dec 27 2017, 10:59

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He hasn't played well in the no10 role this season for me, not creating enough chances so i would drop him back alongside Henry and leave out Pratley. If we did get an offer over a million he'd be out the door we all know that.

Nice to see you finally comment again Nat  Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum