Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

ALF doesn't fit our system says Parky

+3
Leeds_Trotter
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
7 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1ALF doesn't fit our system says Parky Empty ALF doesn't fit our system says Parky Wed Dec 27 2017, 09:54

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just been reading this on the BN website and it drives me mad!

Everyone on here knows i'm an ALF fan and yes i get he hasn't been a regular but surely he must be worth at least a place on the bench?

It just shows how clueless and tactically inept Parky is when he can't change the system at all, he just makes like for like changes. 

It's not rocket science, if we are losing and need to get a goal, sacrifice one of the 2 holding midfielders and go to a 4132 formation but he just can't see it can he? Lets bring on OAP Wilbraham instead and play even more route one  Rolling Eyes

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's time for Parkinson to fuck off.

We've not won away all season, yet he still sets up every game exactly the same - defensive with no ambition whatsoever. The way he talks in that article you'd think we had Ronaldo and Kane on the bench, not fucking Cullen, Wilbraham and Robinson - all proven shite. Who is more likely to come on and score a goal...Le Fondre or one of those three bellends?

Simple question for you Parky....which is the more likely scenario away from home:

1) Two defenders get injured in the same match and need replacing
2) Two midfielders get injured and need replacing
3) We're losing and need a goal from somewhere

Number 3 every single time. I think it's much more likely Parky has fallen out with Le Fondre as there's no sane reason that he's not on the bench.

But the bigger issue is our tactics away from home (and at home sometimes). Every match we set up for a 0-0 and end up losing. Why not have a fucking go at winning - a single win gets us 3 points, yet on current form it would take about 3 or 4 months to accumulate three draws. It's fucking madness.

With the right manager we would stay up comfortably, but Parky will take us down, absolutely no doubt about that. Negative teams rarely earn success in football.

The football is turgid and predictable, and that's the reason folk don't come to the Macron, Ken. Get shut of the manager, try and win a few games and people will come back.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Spot on Nat, i agree 100%

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

This should be our line up in my opinion.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Leeds_Trotter wrote:This should be our line up in my opinion. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'd agree with 10 of your choices, but Buckley is ultra shite.

We need a left sided player in the transfer window, if that can't happen I'd rather play Robinson there.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:Spot on Nat, i agree 100%

Me too- I can't understand why he won't play ALF. To call what is on offer at the minute a 'system' simply makes the word meaningless. It's still hoofball hoping that the carthorse Madine might just make some contact with the ball passing possession to the opposition. I know some of you like Madine but it's beyond me why. If ALF played up top alongside him then he might become a more efficient player.
ALF isn't anywhere near as good as Klasnic used to be for the short time he was with us but he has at least got the same instincts- he knows where the goal is and although he might not score many we won't come out with  a statistic that we did against Boro with no shots on target. That is a disgraceful outcome
Parky's team and his tactics are like a weekly suicide note- we don't go into any game with any serious hopes of winning

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i'd be happy with that LT, best we can hope for with the options we have, but we all know Parky is ultra cautious and can't see past hoofball.

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Leeds_Trotter wrote:This should be our line up in my opinion. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'd agree with 10 of your choices, but Buckley is ultra shite.

We need a left sided player in the transfer window, if that can't happen I'd rather play Robinson there.
See with my selection we could have the possibility to change things up from the bench. Derik or Pratley could replace a striker should we be getting over run. Robinson could replace Taylor to overlap Buckley to change things up or Armstrong or Noone could replace him. Obviously most the replaceents I mentioned would be fighting for a place on the bench but I reckon it would work.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Arrange turds in as pretty a pattern as you like.

They're still turds.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Arrange turds in as pretty a pattern as you like.

This is a thread about team selection, not your hobby.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:Arrange turds in as pretty a pattern as you like.

This is a thread about team selection, not your hobby.
I can combine the two. I'll upload some of my better patterns if you like.

I also freeze dry them and carve them into celebrity heads.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Bolton Wanderers boss Phil Parkinson on Adam Le Fondre's absence

PHIL Parkinson admitted Wanderers lacked spark after slumping to a 2-0 defeat at Middlesbrough.
After watching his side contain their hosts for the first 45 minutes, the Whites boss felt two lapses in concentration cost his team as Boro’s £24million attack Martin Braithwaite and Britt Assombalonga sealed three points with a goal apiece.
In comparison, Wanderers were unable to muster a single shot on target at the Riverside, in what the manager admits was a body blow following the win against Cardiff City.

“To get wins at this level we have to be flat out – like we were at the weekend,” he said.
“We lacked a bit of spark after the first goal went in and the fatigue was there for all to see with some of the passes we gave away in the second half.
“Concentration levels have got to be better, we need to be better to get a result on our travels, starting with Sheffield United.”
Wanderers’ lack of attacking threat prompted questions as to why fans’ favourite Adam Le Fondre was not on the bench.
The striker has started just twice since signing in the summer and has not featured at all since the 5-1 defeat at Wolves.
Parkinson explained his reasons for keeping the 31-year-old out of the reckoning.
“Has Alfie done enough when he’s come off the bench, you have to be honest and say probably not,” he said.
“(Aaron) Wilbraham came off the bench at Forest and got us a goal back.
“I have to have all bases covered – like Andy Taylor has gone down injured so I have to make sure I have got a left-back.
“It’s not just a case of having a bench full of attacking players, you have to make sure you don’t leave yourself open.
“Like I have said many times with Alfie it’s fitting him into a system. We started the season with 3-5-2, we got exposed in that system with teams switching the play against us quickly, and we feel our defenders are more suited to a back four.
“Can we play him wide? It’s tough because you need pace and power in those positions at this level, so fitting him in the team is difficult.

“He had that bit of illness and he’s back in training, so he needs to stake a claim to at least be on the bench.”

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Fatigue set in, right there is why I think he's a clueless inept tosspot, it's his job to get players fit enough to last 90 plus minutes then states after 52 minutes they were fatigued, that in itself is a sleight at his own ability as a manager, just fuck right off Parkinson.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum