Bolton Wanderers Fans Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » How many Tories are there?

How many Tories are there?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

31 Re: How many Tories are there? on Sun Jan 07 2018, 12:38

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
xmiles wrote:Nat never responds with facts. Just abuse and a few repeated slogans and cliches.

Rich coming from a poster who spoils every thread with his anti-Tory bullshit. It's clear some posh guy pushed you around when you were a kid.

I go off experiences, my own and people I know. If you think any facts produced by the government or opposition are "fact" you are more naïve than I thought.

32 Re: How many Tories are there? on Sun Jan 07 2018, 12:48

xmiles

avatar
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
Natasha Whittam wrote:
xmiles wrote:Nat never responds with facts. Just abuse and a few repeated slogans and cliches.

Rich coming from a poster who spoils every thread with his anti-Tory bullshit. It's clear some posh guy pushed you around when you were a kid.

I go off experiences, my own and people I know. If you think any facts produced by the government or opposition are "fact" you are more naïve than I thought.

Thus completely proving my point!

Try producing some actual evidence to back up your wild assertions next time.

33 Re: How many Tories are there? on Sun Jan 07 2018, 12:51

T.R.O.Y


Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Natasha Whittam wrote:
xmiles wrote:Nat never responds with facts. Just abuse and a few repeated slogans and cliches.

Rich coming from a poster who spoils every thread with his anti-Tory bullshit. It's clear some posh guy pushed you around when you were a kid.

I go off experiences, my own and people I know. If you think any facts produced by the government or opposition are "fact" you are more naïve than I thought.

Ridiculous comment.

Levels of investment and performance targets are public record, not produced by either party.

34 Re: How many Tories are there? on Sun Jan 07 2018, 13:10

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
At it's inception, NI contributions were ring fenced for the NHS and only later did they start dipping into the pot for pensions, benefits and more recently general Government borrowing. If they put 1% on to NI and ring fenced it for the NHS there wouldn't be a problem because rising wages would follow rising costs and generate rising NI contributions to match - but no party wants to be seen as raising taxes. In most other countries, the tax is relatively transparent e.g. in France where most people pay 30% but expect and get a superb healthcare system in return but the swing nature of our electoral system means nobody will address the elephant in the room. All that's needed is a sensible conversation about how we choose to run our country and disperse our expenditure.

35 Re: How many Tories are there? on Sun Jan 07 2018, 13:17

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
xmiles wrote:Try producing some actual evidence to back up your wild assertions next time.

My Great Aunt Ethel doesn't post on Nuts.

36 Re: How many Tories are there? on Mon Jan 08 2018, 15:16

Angry Dad

avatar
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
Sad  and Boring all this labour labour labour super labour, bunch of fuckin nutbags all of them. Run the country my arse they could.

37 Re: How many Tories are there? on Mon Jan 08 2018, 15:26

Bollotom2014

avatar
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Seems that a "Clique" posts simply for the purpose of being argumentative then gang up on anyone who dares to proffer a different slant on the original post. Sort of like bullying and harassment in a "Nuts" sort of way.
   I am a died in the wool Tory and a Brexiteer and sleep very well at night and don't really give a flying feck what others think of my personal ideals. Except my boss of course. For him I'm positively neutral and fawning.

38 Re: How many Tories are there? on Mon Jan 08 2018, 15:33

T.R.O.Y


Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
The thread became about the NHS, an overflow of another live topics at the moment. Sorry if you feel bullied in some way, I doubt very much that’s anyone’s intention. But why do you think anyone’s being deliberately argumentative?

To me that would assume some posts are baseless, but most posts seem to include supporting evidence of some form?

39 Re: How many Tories are there? on Mon Jan 08 2018, 15:50

Bollotom2014

avatar
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
I see some posts with good friendly banter but also some posts that seems to be started with the sole intention of piling in with ad hominem arguments that target the poster rather than the argument. It's unfortunate on a website that can be excellent but more often than not descends into personal attacks with little regard for the subject content. I suppose that's just the internet, but it's a bit naughty.

40 Re: How many Tories are there? on Mon Jan 08 2018, 15:52

Norpig

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
wanderlust wrote:At it's inception, NI contributions were ring fenced for the NHS and only later did they start dipping into the pot for pensions, benefits and more recently general Government borrowing. If they put 1% on to NI and ring fenced it for the NHS there wouldn't be a problem because rising wages would follow rising costs and generate rising NI contributions to match - but no party wants to be seen as raising taxes. In most other countries, the tax is relatively transparent e.g. in France where most people pay 30% but expect and get a superb healthcare system in return but the swing nature of our electoral system means nobody will address the elephant in the room. All that's needed is a sensible conversation about how we choose to run our country and disperse our expenditure.
If it was a choice of 1% extra NI or the NHS going private then I would pay the extra NI as long as it was for the NHS only and not to bail out some other flagging department.

41 Re: How many Tories are there? on Mon Jan 08 2018, 15:57

T.R.O.Y


Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Bollotom2014 wrote:I see some posts with good friendly banter but also some posts that seems to be started with the sole intention of piling in with ad hominem arguments that target the poster rather than the argument. It's unfortunate on a website that can be excellent but more often than not descends into personal attacks with little regard for the subject content. I suppose that's just the internet, but it's a bit naughty.

I take your point but think all regular posters on the site know what Nat’s about and know that the site is stronger with her on it. She can be personal but i don’t think anyone takes it personally or as harassment.

42 Re: How many Tories are there? on Mon Jan 08 2018, 15:57

T.R.O.Y


Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Hope not anyway!

43 Re: How many Tories are there? on Mon Jan 08 2018, 16:00

Bollotom2014

avatar
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
See? I never mentioned Nat.  Cool

44 Re: How many Tories are there? on Mon Jan 08 2018, 16:04

Norpig

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Angry Dad wrote:Sad  and Boring all this labour labour labour super labour, bunch of fuckin nutbags all of them. Run the country my arse they could.
AD just turned into Yoda  Laughing

45 Re: How many Tories are there? on Mon Jan 08 2018, 16:06

T.R.O.Y


Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Bollotom2014 wrote:See? I never mentioned Nat.  Cool

Oh okay, I don’t see anyone being remotely abusive though. 

Maybe just be a little more direct and say which post or poster you are referring to?

46 Re: How many Tories are there? on Mon Jan 08 2018, 16:14

rammywhite

avatar
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
Norpig wrote:
wanderlust wrote:At it's inception, NI contributions were ring fenced for the NHS and only later did they start dipping into the pot for pensions, benefits and more recently general Government borrowing. If they put 1% on to NI and ring fenced it for the NHS there wouldn't be a problem because rising wages would follow rising costs and generate rising NI contributions to match - but no party wants to be seen as raising taxes. In most other countries, the tax is relatively transparent e.g. in France where most people pay 30% but expect and get a superb healthcare system in return but the swing nature of our electoral system means nobody will address the elephant in the room. All that's needed is a sensible conversation about how we choose to run our country and disperse our expenditure.
If it was a choice of 1% extra NI or the NHS going private then I would pay the extra NI as long as it was for the NHS only and not to bail out some other flagging department.

I would agree with this-and as someone who now receives a state as well as a work and a privately funded pension ( even though I've elected still to keep on working) I would agree to paying an NI levy.
People like me (semi -retired) and,without being arrogant, comfortably well off should still contribute.  I've no mortgage, no  dependent kids, no debt and even though I've paid tax and NICs all my life (blah, blah, blah), in equity,I don't see why I should be let off paying NICs simply because I've reached a certain age.I get £200 a year for winter fuel and also a free bus pass as well as free prescriptions. The first two I don't really need- and neither do millions of other people of retirement age, whilst younger people are clearly struggling with all sorts of financial problems.
If the government levied a surtax of (say ) 2% on all earnings (after personal allowance) and it was genuinely hypothecated for the NHS I would shut up and stump up as its the likes of me who are an increasing cost to the NHS.
The trouble is that hypothecated taxes have been levied before (like the landfill tax) but they just ended up in the general expenditure pot and weren't diverted to a specific use- like improving the environment ,although successive governments of either colour ( a plague on both their houses), being politicians and therefore professional liars would claim that they were.

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum