Bolton Wanderers Fans Forum

Last Match: Reading 0-1 Bolton
Next Match: Bolton v Birmingham - 22/08/2018 20:00
PLAYER RATINGS: Reading 0-1 Bolton (details)

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone.

OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone.

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 6]

121 Re: OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. on Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:01 pm

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
LoV have published a list of 5 potential [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - a list which worryingly includes Bogle and Eaves.

Like the look of Onuachu though - looks better than Kramer. No chance unfortunately.

122 Re: OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. on Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:07 pm

Wanderers for 45

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel
Can’t believe we are getting £6 million up front and 2 million in add ons.
More like 2.5 million up front 2 million if Cardiff go up and 1.5 million if he scores another ten goals.
When we sold Cahill for £7 million it was by far the most stupid deal ever.
If we had made him stay we would have stayed up.
Then Coyle bought Sordell for 3.5 million Cunt. Useless tactician,ruined all the clubs he has managed since us. On £500 quid a week at Ross County the goofy prick.
So where’s this big Dutch fucker if Madines going.

123 Re: OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. on Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:14 pm

MartinBWFC

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:So where’s this big Dutch fucker if Madines going.

He's a Lib Dem.
Very Happy very good.

124 Re: OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. on Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:20 pm

Cajunboy

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Whoever we get I can't see KA turning down 6+ million.

If we keep Madine , he'll probably sulk for the rest of the season and not put the same effort in.

Either way it's a massive gamble for the clubs future.

Last edited by Cajunboy on Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

125 Re: OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. on Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:22 pm

MartinBWFC

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Whoever we get I can't see KA turning down 6+ million.
Anybody turning 6m down for Madine needs to have a word with himself.

126 Re: OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. on Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:34 pm

terenceanne

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
I'd rather we sold Gaz to Sunderland ......at least guarantee they go down with us Razz Razz

127 Re: OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. on Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:47 pm

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I'd rather we sold Gaz to Sunderland ......at least guarantee they go down with us Razz Razz
Have a little more faith please!

We are not going back down!

128 Re: OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. on Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:10 pm

rammywhite

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
Sky reports that he has definitely signed for an undisclosed fee

129 Re: OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. on Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:23 pm

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I'd rather we sold Gaz to Sunderland ......at least guarantee they go down with us Razz Razz
Sunderland won't go down though.

130 Re: OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. on Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:28 pm

NickFazer

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
At least we have got decent money for him if 6 Mill is anywhere near the mark considering most would have given him away 12 months ago.

131 Re: OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. on Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:04 pm

Sluffy

Admin
Official -

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

132 Re: OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. on Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:19 pm

Soul Kitchen

Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
Undisclosed fee, usually the norm now for BWFC, will mean considerably less than the bullshit fee that is being spoke about. 
I'll be surprised if we get three million. 
On the plus side very few have left Bolton and gone onto better things, Anelka, Gudders and Cahill being exceptions. Madine is nowhere near those three and so his career could come to a halt just like Zac's has?
The downside is we can confidently look forward to League One next season!

133 Re: OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. on Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:22 pm

xmiles

Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Undisclosed fee, usually the norm now for BWFC, will mean considerably less than the bullshit fee that is being spoke about. 
On the plus side very few have left Bolton snd gone onto better things, Anelka, Gudders and Cahill being exceptions. Madine is nowhere near those three and so his career could come to a halt just like Zac's has?
The downside is we can confidently look forward to League One next season!

:agree:

134 Re: OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. on Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:39 am

Kane57

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Delighted his reign of terror has ended. The bizarre psychological hold he's had on our fanbase this last 15 months has been nothing short of scandalous given what little the man has actually contributed during his time at the club.

You have to give Ken huge credit for managing to wangle a huge fee out of Cardiff for someone who will go down as one of the worst strikers in our history. 22 goals in 92 games = £6m! Baffling.

Delighted with Clough coming in, same with Walker. Brings some attacking verve and more importantly some style and pace where previously we were trying to knock down a brick wall with a feather duster.

Excited for Friday now.

135 Re: OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. on Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:24 am

Growler

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Undisclosed fee, usually the norm now for BWFC, will mean considerably less than the bullshit fee that is being spoke about. 
I don't know why dodgy clubs who have had run ins with the law are allowed to get away with undisclosed fees, everything should be out in the open

136 Re: OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. on Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:37 am

Norpig

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I hope Parky has been working on something different this week as we play tomorrow night! Not a lot of time to change a style of play that has been ingrained in the team since Parky came in.

Its just bad planning to not have an experienced striker lined up, they must have known Cardiff would come back with more money and signing a player from Forest will little experience to effectively be Madines replacement is very risky. I'm glad to see Clough back though but all i can see happening tomorrow is Wilbraham starting and still hoofing it until he can get them some proper time on the training pitch to work on a new approach.

137 Re: OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. on Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:49 am

Growler

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I hope Parky has been working on something different this week as we play tomorrow night! Not a lot of time to change a style of play that has been ingrained in the team since Parky came in.

Its just bad planning to not have an experienced striker lined up, they must have known Cardiff would come back with more money and signing a player from Forest will little experience to effectively be Madines replacement is very risky. I'm glad to see Clough back though but all i can see happening tomorrow is Wilbraham starting and still hoofing it until he can get them some proper time on the training pitch to work on a new approach.
Aye, Parky has lost his best striker to be replaced by the Nottm Forest under 23s  and now has the small matter of turning a long ball team into a pass and move outfit by 8pm tomorrow night.

If any of us think we have tough deadlines at work, think about Parky haha

138 Re: OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. on Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:55 am

rammywhite

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Delighted his reign of terror has ended. The bizarre psychological hold he's had on our fanbase this last 15 months has been nothing short of scandalous given what little the man has actually contributed during his time at the club.

You have to give Ken huge credit for managing to wangle a huge fee out of Cardiff for someone who will go down as one of the worst strikers in our history. 22 goals in 92 games = £6m! Baffling.

Delighted with Clough coming in, same with Walker. Brings some attacking verve and more importantly some style and pace where previously we were trying to knock down a brick wall with a feather duster.

Excited for Friday now.
Couldn't agree with you more Kane- getting rid of him was a good bit of business.

139 Re: OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. on Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:42 am

Gothic_Wanderer

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel
Selling Madine seems so incredibly short sighted. Surely staying in the Championship is worth more long term that the transfer fee?

Yeah his form could turn out to have been flash in the pan, but even when he wasn't scoring goals earlier in the season (bare in mind nobody was at that point, it wasn't just him) he was involved in everything. His form did nothing but improve when he stopped drinking as well.

I don't see how we can compete now, even with Clough returning along with signing Tyler Walker. I don't know if we can play effectively in a style that would truly suit them, and on his showing so far Wilbraham is not a replacement.

People bang on about the fact that we only play one dimensional football, but hey in the last couple of months, its mostly been working, so I don't really care, and I don't know if we have the players to do anything else.

8 goals and 4 assists in 14 games is not something we will be able to replace easily. I think selling him is utter madness and it has sealed our fate of relegation.

I truely hope that I am proven wrong.

140 Re: OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. on Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:46 am

rammywhite

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Selling Madine seems so incredibly short sighted. Surely staying in the Championship is worth more long term that the transfer fee?

Yeah his form could turn out to have been flash in the pan, but even when he wasn't scoring goals earlier in the season (bare in mind nobody was at that point, it wasn't just him) he was involved in everything. His form did nothing but improve when he stopped drinking as well.

I don't see how we can compete now, even with Clough returning along with signing Tyler Walker. I don't know if we can play effectively in a style that would truly suit them, and on his showing so far Wilbraham is not a replacement.

People bang on about the fact that we only play one dimensional football, but hey in the last couple of months, its mostly been working, so I don't really care, and I don't know if we have the players to do anything else.

8 goals and 4 assists in 14 games is not something we will be able to replace easily. I think selling him is utter madness and it has sealed our fate of relegation.

I'm not sure what you mean by saying that Wilbraham is not a replacement on his showing so far. The bloke hasn't had a chance to show what he can do. At least let him have a few full games before he's dismissed as useless

141 Re: OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. on Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:51 am

MartinBWFC

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Selling Madine seems so incredibly short sighted. Surely staying in the Championship is worth more long term that the transfer fee?

I'm not sure what you mean by saying that Wilbraham is not a replacement on his showing so far. The bloke hasn't had a chance to show what he can do. At least let him have a few full games before he's dismissed as useless
Wilbraham was awful when he started against Huddersfield reserves in the cup, he's 38 Rammy, no way can we rely on him.

142 Re: OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. on Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:56 am

Gothic_Wanderer

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Fair point, but just as an example, against Ipswich, Madine won everything in the air and gave their defence a hard time all game. Wilbraham came on for the last few minutes and all he did was fall over in every challenge with a defender. I hope he turns out to be great, but I just can't see a 38 year old cutting it.

143 Re: OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. on Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:48 am

okocha

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

:clap: Totally agree.....and if he'd had support around him, he'd have been even more effective. He has almost single-handedly added to our puny initial points tally. Suicide to get rid without a suitable replacement lined up. The remaining front-men are so easily knocked off the ball while Gaz occupies more than one defender and creates space for others.....if only they would oblige!

144 Re: OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. on Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:55 pm

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Madine handed in a transfer request, and once a player does that he has to be moved on. Knowing what you know of Madine, does he strike you as the type of bloke who would have knuckled down if Bolton had stopped his transfer to Cardiff?

At the end of the day, he's played well this season, but he was bloody awful last time we played at this level, and even last season he was hit and miss. Usually a miss into row z if I'm being honest. So a sizeable offer from Cardiff is very, very good business.

Yes, we may well go down, but if we move away from the hoofball shite I for one will be happy.

145 Re: OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. on Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:19 pm

MartinBWFC

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Madine handed in a transfer request, and once a player does that he has to be moved on. Knowing what you know of Madine, does he strike you as the type of bloke who would have knuckled down if Bolton had stopped his transfer to Cardiff?

At the end of the day, he's played well this season, but he was bloody awful last time we played at this level, and even last season he was hit and miss. Usually a miss into row z if I'm being honest. So a sizeable offer from Cardiff is very, very good business.

Yes, we may well go down, but if we move away from the hoofball shite I for one will be happy.

That is one very massive if Nat!

146 Re: OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. on Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:34 pm

y2johnny

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
We aren't set up for hoofball now but apparently they were scouring  the free agents list as we speak for a more direct replacement. 

Personally id like to see more of;

Vela        Henry

Morais     clough      ameobi

Walker

147 Re: OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. on Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:37 pm

MartinBWFC

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:We aren't set up for hoofball now but apparently they were scouring  the free agents list as we speak for a more direct replacement. 

Personally id like to see more of;

Vela        Henry

Morais     clough      ameobi

Walker
We'd get smashed playing with only 6 players.

148 Re: OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. on Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:56 pm

Gothic_Wanderer

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Madine handed in a transfer request, 

I didn't see that he had done this. Sad

149 Re: OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. on Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:14 pm

xmiles

Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Madine handed in a transfer request, 

I didn't see that he had done this. Sad

Once he did this we had no alternative but to sell him. If we really are going to get £6m for him that's good business. I expect Cardiff to sell him on if they get promoted.

150 Re: OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. on Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:23 pm

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I didn't see that he had done this. Sad

I thought that was the case, so I held back on calling you a bellend.

I've saved it for Johnny.

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum