Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone.

+23
okocha
Gothic_Wanderer
Soul Kitchen
NickFazer
Wanderers for 45
boltonbonce
xmiles
Kane57
rammywhite
terenceanne
Bwfc1958
Reebok Trotter
MartinBWFC
Boggersbelief
Cajunboy
Growler
BoltonTillIDie
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
wanderlust
Leeds_Trotter
Sluffy
27 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 9]

151OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. - Page 9 Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. Thu Feb 01 2018, 14:25

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

It's not the sale of Madine that disappoints me, it is the fact that once again Parky has shown he hasn't got a plan B, only this time it's in reguard to signings. We knew Cardiff wanted Madine, he should have been on the ball and had plenty of targets in mind for when the day came. As for tomorrow evening, we all know full well that Parky will still insist on pumping the ball up, just wonder how long It will take him to realise that we are missing a target man.

152OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. - Page 9 Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. Thu Feb 01 2018, 14:27

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Leeds_Trotter wrote:It's not the sale of Madine that disappoints me, it is the fact that once again Parky has shown he hasn't got a plan B, only this time it's in reguard to signings. We knew Cardiff wanted Madine, he should have been on the ball and had plenty of targets in mind for when the day came. As for tomorrow evening, we all know full well that Parky will still insist on pumping the ball up, just wonder how long It will take him to realise that we are missing a target man.
He'll play Wilbraham, we all know he knows no different.

153OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. - Page 9 Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. Thu Feb 01 2018, 14:29

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

MartinBWFC wrote:
Leeds_Trotter wrote:It's not the sale of Madine that disappoints me, it is the fact that once again Parky has shown he hasn't got a plan B, only this time it's in reguard to signings. We knew Cardiff wanted Madine, he should have been on the ball and had plenty of targets in mind for when the day came. As for tomorrow evening, we all know full well that Parky will still insist on pumping the ball up, just wonder how long It will take him to realise that we are missing a target man.
He'll play Wilbraham, we all know he knows no different.
Old man Aaron won't be able to last the 90.

154OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. - Page 9 Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. Thu Feb 01 2018, 14:32

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

MartinBWFC wrote:
y2johnny wrote:We aren't set up for hoofball now but apparently they were scouring  the free agents list as we speak for a more direct replacement. 

Personally id like to see more of;

Vela        Henry

Morais     clough      ameobi

Walker
We'd get smashed playing with only 6 players.
Smile

155OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. - Page 9 Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. Thu Feb 01 2018, 14:33

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Gothic_Wanderer wrote:I didn't see that he had done this. Sad

I thought that was the case, so I held back on calling you a bellend.

I've saved it for Johnny.
True love

156OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. - Page 9 Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. Thu Feb 01 2018, 14:47

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

PP on Madine sale: "It's easy to say we've sold our top goalscorer but I don't pay the wages every month. On whether squad is stronger: "You’re asking a question, I think you know the answer. Probably not, when you have taken the top scorer out of the team."

Is this Parkinson admitting he has no plan B?

157OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. - Page 9 Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. Thu Feb 01 2018, 14:57

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:PP on Madine sale: "It's easy to say we've sold our top goalscorer but I don't pay the wages every month. On whether squad is stronger: "You’re asking a question, I think you know the answer. Probably not, when you have taken the top scorer out of the team."

More of a go at Anderson I reckon.

158OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. - Page 9 Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. Thu Feb 01 2018, 15:01

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:
MartinBWFC wrote:PP on Madine sale: "It's easy to say we've sold our top goalscorer but I don't pay the wages every month. On whether squad is stronger: "You’re asking a question, I think you know the answer. Probably not, when you have taken the top scorer out of the team."

If it is then his days are numbered.

159OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. - Page 9 Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. Thu Feb 01 2018, 15:15

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

MartinBWFC wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

If it is then his days are numbered.
Numbered only by the days left on his contract.  No buy-out has been made clear.

160OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. - Page 9 Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. Thu Feb 01 2018, 15:27

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

If he can't adapt to a very different system then he'll be gone, now KA has money in the bank, Kens no fool and he'll want results, Parkinson is his manager and if his manager puts his business in jeopardy we'll see a diferent KA.

161OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. - Page 9 Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. Thu Feb 01 2018, 15:31

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

More likely to be getting his excuses in early.

162OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. - Page 9 Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. Thu Feb 01 2018, 15:38

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

MartinBWFC wrote:If he can't adapt to a very different system then he'll be gone, now KA has money in the bank, Kens no fool and he'll want results, Parkinson is his manager and if his manager puts his business in jeopardy we'll see a diferent KA.
Ken won't be paying off Parky and then paying out for a new manager, he's here to spend the bare minimum and sell the club on for a profit

163OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. - Page 9 Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. Thu Feb 01 2018, 15:49

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Growler wrote:
MartinBWFC wrote:If he can't adapt to a very different system then he'll be gone, now KA has money in the bank, Kens no fool and he'll want results, Parkinson is his manager and if his manager puts his business in jeopardy we'll see a diferent KA.
Ken won't be paying off Parky and then paying out for a new manager, he's here to spend the bare minimum and sell the club on for a profit
Well he's got a damn site better chance of selling a championship club than a league 1 club, and that's where we are headed with Parkinson.

164OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. - Page 9 Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. Thu Feb 01 2018, 16:09

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

MartinBWFC wrote:
Growler wrote:
Well he's got a damn site better chance of selling a championship club than a league 1 club, and that's where we are headed with Parkinson.
Ken needs to drop the price he's asking to sell the club, the division the club is in is less important than the price he's asking.
The Asians who bought Barnsley had a look at Bolton but decided that Barnsley's lower price and better football team was a better deal than what Ken was offering.

165OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. - Page 9 Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. Sat Feb 03 2018, 23:39

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

A tweet to Iles (from someone called Craig Need)

- Hey Marc BBC website (Cardiff match report) says madge was bought for £5m? Is this when the real price slowly creeps down?
£8m my bumbum.

Iles reply - It's £6million overall. How much up front is unclear - although I'm told £4.5m.

If correct are people still happy with the deal?

166OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. - Page 9 Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. Sun Feb 04 2018, 00:25

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Sluffy wrote:A tweet to Iles (from someone called Craig Need)

- Hey Marc BBC website (Cardiff match report) says madge was bought for £5m? Is this when the real price slowly creeps down?
£8m my bumbum.

Iles reply - It's £6million overall. How much up front is unclear - although I'm told £4.5m.

If correct are people still happy with the deal?

Never believed we would get £6m up front. Given Friday's result I guess £4.5m up front is OK - if it really is £4.5m.

167OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. - Page 9 Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. Sun Feb 04 2018, 00:47

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

It's not the fact we sold him that annoys me, it's the fact we didn't manage to get in a replacement. However that said, I do believe they are looking at what is currently  available and are trying to address the issue. As long as the money we got is put to good use I'm happy about the deal overall. I trust Ken to use the money wisely, be that paying off some debts or maybe reinvesting some of it into the first team or u23's.

168OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. - Page 9 Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. Sun Feb 04 2018, 05:56

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

12 months ago we'd have been delighted with anything for him never mind this absolute windfall for a player who was horrific for us during at least two thirds of his time at the club.

169OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. - Page 9 Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. Sun Feb 04 2018, 11:13

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Leeds_Trotter wrote:It's not the fact we sold him that annoys me, it's the fact we didn't manage to get in a replacement. However that said, I do believe they are looking at what is currently  available and are trying to address the issue. As long as the money we got is put to good use I'm happy about the deal overall. I trust Ken to use the money wisely, be that paying off some debts or maybe reinvesting some of it into the first team or u23's.
Lets hope its not swallowed up by undisclosed debt.

170OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. - Page 9 Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. Sun Feb 04 2018, 22:18

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Kane57 wrote:12 months ago we'd have been delighted with anything for him never mind this absolute windfall for a player who was horrific for us during at least two thirds of his time at the club.

Not even as long as 12 months ago.

I don't recall many big Madine supporters pre October when our form was LDDLLLLLLLL and we'd scored something like four goals in two months.

It's just a shame how many players find that rare bit of form here and immediately piss off. Chung Yong Lee springs to mind as another example.

Personally I think Friday showed that a number of things have improved since early on in the season, not just Madine.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum